Poll Time! Vote For Your Favourite Episodes 2007

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, May 30, 2007.

1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Over the last couple of years, during the hiatus, we have conducted a rolling poll where we all vote for our favourite episodes. Eventually, we end up with one winner and a Top Ten. In 2005, Season 2's 'Big Brother' was voted our favourite, followed by Season 2's 'Hurricane Anthony' in 2006.

As we have many new members posting here, I thought it might be fun to do this again. We also have 24 more episodes to vote from now that we can add the Season 5 episodes.

We'll do 3 polls at a time, comparing the episodes from each season in order, eg. all 5 premieres will be poll #1, followed by the second episodes from each season as poll #2 etc. From the 5 episodes in each poll, you can vote for your 2 favourites. The 2 episodes with the highest number of votes go through to the next round. I will leave the polls up for a couple of days before announcing the winners and moving onto the next poll.

As there are so many episodes to choose from, this seems the most effective way of doing this. However, there are times when you might have to choose between 2 episodes that you really like, so it gets much harder to choose during the latter stages.

I hope all that makes sense. If not, feel free to ask. ;) Also, we would very much like you to post which episodes you voted for and if you feel inclined, tell us why you liked them - that is not essential of course, but it can generate interesting discussion. :)

So, here's the first poll:

2. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Blood Brothers was my fave from S2 mainly because of the end. I just loved when Horatio poked his head arond when they pulled upon side of the boat & he looked at the Cruz brothers with this big smile like he was saying"Gotcha". I just loved it. I laughed it. It was just soooooooo cute to me.

Lost Son - I loved it cause of the emotion I saw in Horatio. It wasn't the first time I'd seen emotion but to actually see raw emotion drip from him it was well..............to me an academy award moment. To see the pain so clear it put me in tears. Still does when I watch the ep. I just loved it. That ep should've won an award and should've David Caruso.

Losing Face - Once again cause of the emotion. Horatio had just lost a dear friend. The beginning of the show where the exsplosion took place H is like what in the world just happened? He was dumbfounded. Just an awesome ep.

Going Under - What can I say. I think this was the first ep in quite sometime where we finally caught a glimpse of the old Horatio. More worried about Calleigh than the evidence. It was great.

Under the Influence - Ryans intro if I remember correctly. I loved how Calleigh had to literally restrain herself from getting involved since the case involved her dad. Loved how Ryan handled it.

Death Pool - Was an okay ep.

Hope this all made sense. :D

3. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

Lost Son- because it's so sad and emotional, the emotion from the team was so intense that you could just feel it, poor Speedy baby!!! I miss him so much, it tore me to pieces to see him get shot like that!!! *cries* and stupid Stetler keeps bringing it up all the time, like it's nothing!!!! those parts make me cry and scream "damn you Stetler!! you're such an @$$!!!!!!"

Blood Brothers-one of my fav eps, because of the witty banter between Eric and Speed!!! those two together!!! and the story was good, and this is were we get introduced to one of my fav baddies!! Clavo Cruz!!

Going Under- because again the emotion! and i loved the little CaRWash moments in this one!!
    Ryan:glad you're ok.
    Calleigh:thanks babe.
    that part made me go "OMG!!! *SQUEE*"

Blood in the Water-just because i thought it was a good ep.

Under the Influence- this is the first glimpse we get of Ryan, and Ryan is one of my fav characters, but no one can replace Speed,i hated they way they treated him like a dirtbag, all except Calleigh, she accepted him and the chemistry between the two!!! Love it!!!

Hard Time- has got to be one of my fav eps!!! and it has one of my most fav CSI: Miami quotes of all time!!!!!!

Eric:THE EMERGENCY ROOM IS NOT THE MEDICAL EXAMINER!!!!
    Speed:you got turrets or something man?

I just loved that one!!!! it had me on the floor laughing so hard that my soda came out my nose!!!!! i just loved their reactions!!!!!

4. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Thanks for this poll Lucy. :D Yep, it`s fun to know what fav epi have the rest guys in this forum.

The only one problem is that i have to think for which epi to vote , something not typical for me this days :lol:

#201 Blood Brothers
    #501 Rio
    #202 Dead Zone
    #302 Pro Per
    #103 Wet Foot/Dry Foot
    #303 Under The Influence

5. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

this was a though choice and i assume its only going to get harder lol. but after much deliberation i came up with these:

#201- Blood Brothers- one of the greatest episodes IMO, Clavo's interaction with H was awesome.
    #401- From the Grave- got a very emotional H and Stetler being a jerk...can't ask for much more.
    #102- Losing Face- great episode, once again an emotional H (i love it!) and that totally badass scene at the end where he disarms a bomb with a toothpick! only H...
    #302- Pro Per- what can i say? H looks hot in a lab coat...

#303- Under the Influence- great but intense episode, rough start for ryan...
    #505- Death Pool 100- i liked it, H was on a boat, savin a kid. lifes good. :p

6. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

It was kinda hard for me to vote since I haven't seen s5 but here's my two cents worth.

'Rio' - cos that's how Y returns to Miami
    'Under The Influence' - Ryan joins the team!

7. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

'Blood Brothers': Clavo kicks major ass, that's for sure. I loved the case, Clavo and H's interaction, because it showed H having to use other methods of arresting and convicting Clavo and the acting and characters roked. A wonderful episode.
    'Lost Son': Even though my darling Speed died, the case was great, and the emotion and feeling put into the loss of Speed was incredible and wonderful to see once I got over the fact that he was really gone (for now ;p)
    'Losing Face': I don't know what it is about me but after I see a new episode, i feels odd to watch an old one where certain things haven't happened yet. I still like the episodes, it just feels odd. Anyway this one had that feel for me but I still loved it because even though the characters were still being introduced (hated this :lol:) the case was awesome, Horatio got to have a moment with a kid, and the emotions he went through over losing a dear friend.
    'Going Under': I love danger, I love injuries and characters getting hurt is great for me, shows how they're human and gives the other characters a chance to show how much they care about them. This was the case with Calleigh, we saw how much everyone cares about her, we got Jake (who's kind of evil IMO but he's cute and she got to arrest him :D), one of the better season 5 episodes.
    'Under the Influence' Ryan came in! How can you not love him, he's geeky, shaggy, adorable, klutzy and just a very fun character. Of course now he's matured and grown but he's still awesome. Anyway I liked the case, and how Ryan was put on the case with Calleigh's father, I loved the Calleigh/Ryan moments (and I don't even ship them), the whole epsiode was classic season 3 goodness.
    'Death Pool 100': I don't know, I liked this one. It had a good feel to it, a fast pace, good side-cases, and introduced Ryan's gambling habbit (which I didn';t like but it was played out well and was entertaining to watch). Plus, Horatio on a boat. :p

8. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i loved all the episodes with Clavo in it...i was disapointed when he died...he was a great rival...i loved to hate him

9. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

I voted for the following (for whatever it's worth) :D

#201 Blood Brothers (Because of Clavo):devil:
    #301 Lost Son (Because of Tim Speedle. God I miss him) :(

#102 Losing Face (Because of the great backstory with H and his bomb squad days and all the angst when his mentor dies) :(
    #202 Dead Zone (Because of H's concern for Cal and her hurt shoulder) ;)

#203 Hard Time (Because I just liked the storyline in this one. Felt sorry for the victim, alive but unable to move. Yikes). :eek:
    #303 Under the Influence (Because of the great H/Cal scene at the end of the episode). Gee, you can't tell who I ship, can ya? :devil:

I will have to say that it was a hard choice though on some. I really liked Going Under too, for the obvious H/Cal reasons.

Can't wait for the next poll!!! :D

10. aimsavol

aimsavol Witness

I voted for:
    #201 "Blood Brothers" (Everyone's right...it's all about Clavo)
    #501 "Rio" (That is one of the most beautifully directed episodes I've seen...the imagery from "Rio" is haunting, especially the opening scene with Horatio at the Christ statute)

#302 "Pro Per" (For some, this is the one episode lull between Speed and Ryan...I actually didn't notice Speed's absence, because the actors turned in such fine performances in this episode.)
    #502 "Going Under" (Two words... "Thanks babe.")

#303 "Under the Influence (Again, two words...Ryan Wolfe, 'nuff said)
    #503 "Death Pool 100" (The final scene...priceless!)

11. Crying_Danny

Crying_Danny Hit and Run

oooooh I hated lost son, Tim dies, I don't get how anyone could like it. (but hey I'm not the brightest crayon in the crayon box) My all fave was Rio though, It rocked!!!

12. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Lost Son: From the beginning, I got an air of imminent tragedy, especially when Calleigh noted that she "could kill Speedle" when he used her light and forgot to recharge it. One of my all-time favourite episodes, partly because H's near-silence following Speed's death gets me every time.

Rio: In my opinion, the series' magnum opus in terms of visual presentation. The theatrical feel to it was awesome. Horatio standing at the foot of the Christ statue was so compelling albeit slightly dramatic (which shouldn't be surprising when talking about this show :)) I was disappointed that it was one of only two episodes of Yelina for this season and that she offered no more consolation to H than she did.

Losing Face: The first setback Horatio suffers, as experienced by the viewer. It was all so humbling to him and the fact that he was so devoted to that case solidified his commitment to the pursuit of justice. I loved the talk Megan had with Horatio about mourning.

Pro Per: I only voted for this one because of the scene where Yelina's house is shot up, and when Horatio discovers that Rick is there for a "sleepover", the look on H's face is priceless.

Under The Influence: I voted for this one because it was the introduction of Ryan and it showed that underneath that mostly-sunny disposition, Calleigh has some stormy clouds too.

Death Pool 100: I loved the sappy 100 references in this episode. It's an S5 episode, so I guess it's excusable. However, I hated the ending: it was a little too sappy, if you ask me.

13. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

The winners of Round 1 are:

#201 Blood Brothers
    #301 Lost Son
    #302 Pro Per
    #502 Going Under
    #303 Under The Influence
    #503 Death Pool 100
    Runner Up with highest number of votes outside the Top 6: #501 Rio

These episodes will go through to the next round. :)

Onto the next poll:

14. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Just One Kiss: The rich family that eluded Horatio for so long bugged the crap out of me the entire episode. The heart-to-heart he has with Megan at the end of the episode showed just how devoted to justice H really is.

Death Grip: Delko does make a good point in this episode: some groups of the population gets preferential treatment in the media, while other groups are shunned. I cheered inside when Horatio told the reporter to tell about the missing children that weren't featured on the news instead of the high profile case that brought them there in the first place.

Ashes To Ashes: Another highly-personal case for Horatio involving a child. It was quite powerful when he showed the age progression picture of what the child would have looked like to the guy.

Death Eminent: The scene involving H and Ethan almost brought me to tears when H tells Ethan that he has indeed lost everything. One of the precious few times in S5 that we see the Super H shell being shed.

Hurricane Anthony: The scene with H, Yelina and the kitten was so cute!!! I wish they would have included a scene with H trying to evacuate that one woman, perhaps in a flashback.

Under Suspicion: This episode is at the top of my list of all-time favourites. It introduces my favourite villain Walter Resden, who was one of the very few who could really irk H to the core. Every time I see this episode, I want to slap Rick for being such an ass, but then again he saw a window of opportunity (albeit a very tiny one) to whip H around and certainly capitalised on it. This episode also featured my all-time favourite scene of any of my ships: the H/Calleigh swab scene. It brings a smile to my face because she was so gentle to the emotionally-fragile H. However, when Frank asks H in a later scene where Yelina was, the way H answers kind of creeped me out *shrug*

15. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I'm so terrible at episode names, but I did know Hurricane Anthony and I really liked the interaction between Horatio and Euegene. It was a sad episode, but very well done. It got my vote!