Horatio/DC # 13: Missing: The 'Real' H. Please Return ASAP!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hunter, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Re: Horatio/DC#13: Missing The 'Real' H. Please Return ASAP!

Sadly, Horatio getting involved with Marisol was DC's idea. He actually came up with the idea and suggested it to Ann Donahue. We have said this many times in the H/Y thread, but we just hope he sticks to acting from now on! When listening to the dvd audio commentaries, DC often comes up with great ideas about how scenes should be played etc, but this idea was very ill-conceived and turned Season 4 into a farce for many fans.

2. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i have a sneaking suspicion that during that period of "creativity" DC contracted some sort of terrible virus. i heard it was the same one that he came down with during the NYPD Blue fiasco. all we can hope is that they have found a cure and he will not be plagued by this judgement-clouding sickness ever again.

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I couldn't agree with you more.

4. aimsavol

aimsavol Witness

I have to agree with you ladies about the suits...I love the lighter colored ones. I can handle the black suits, but if TPTB are listening *crosses fingers*, please, please, please get rid of that horrible black striped shirt! I hate that thing! I think they have Horatio in it every other episode, if not more. I'm ready to take up a collection to buy DC some different shirts, as long as they get rid of that black striped one. Ugh...

LOL...I just want our Horatio to look his best. :cool:

5. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

*Sigh* Rewatched some of series 2 today. Watched Blood Brothers, Witness to Murder, MIA/NYC Nonstop and Innocent. Had forgotten how good he looked in them. There was even more of my favourite white shirt black suit combo. Love it when he doesn't wear the suit jacket at all!!

Made me realise even moreso how much he has changed over the course of the seasons. It was so good to see him more active with his team and in the lab. Now he seems to only get involved with the team if he is 'saving' one of them. Hopefully with the return of Yelina things might get back to normal, even if just a little bit. There's no denying the chemistry on screen between them.

ETA: Just caught the last half hour of the season 3 finale. Was quite upset at the end of it. When I saw it the first time, I hadn't seen seasons 1, 2, and most of 3 so I suppose I didn't really understand the significance of it.

And he definatly hid the tears with his SOJ!! He even did the whole 'swallow lump in throat' look. It was very sad. She didn't even really look like she wanted to go.

6. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

I hope so too ilh214. Maybe the summer break will help him recover. :lol:

I grabbed my copy of the TV guide article from April 9-15, 2007 where he says, "I think reconnecting with her (Marisol) may be how Horatio knows he's dead". Hmmmm...er OK. I just don't even have any comment to that... :confused:

I agree with you too Lucy, DC should stick to the acting. Although, I'm pretty sure I heard it was DCs idea to add in the H/Cal hug at the end of Lost Son, which is one of my favorite scenes ever. But, that was just one scene, not an entire character/storyline he created. Oh well, I'm just gonna shut up now, 'cause I'm babbling... :rolleyes:

7. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

Strange

Was messing around with Google and came across this picture. Sorry if it's been shown before. They all look so dressed up, it's strange! Think it was for the season 4 premiere??

8. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Undoubtedly, DC has had some effective ideas about certain scenes. That's one of the reasons why I find the audio commentaries so interesting. Another good example is in Witness To Murder, when Yelina approaches H to tell him the news that Eugene has been badly beaten. No words are exchanged between them and H just reads her expression and realizes what has happened. That was also DC's idea. This non-verbal communication is so telling and shows a great understanding of the characters.

As ilh214 said, re Marisol, DC was definitely suffering with judgement-clouding sickness!

9. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

i know!! lets have a burn the black suit party!! I'll bring the lighter fluid!!!! LOL!! i can't wait for S6 either!!! i actually want to H get hurt, Not too bad!! but just enough where he needs to go to the hospital for like stiches or something, nothing as serious as Eric or Ryan. but just enough so we know he's human.

10. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

wow interesting info. :) thanks for share with us. yep back in the time DC know and understand his character very well, but this days ... *sigh*... please Mr. Caruso go back only to the acting ;)

11. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Lucy
    Great scene and very indicative of the interaction between those two indeed. They seem to do a lot of non-verbal communication, especially when they smile at each other.

Okay, so I did a Google image search for 'Horatio Caine', and lo and behold, someone named their Persian cat Horatio Caine:

http://www.jordanalisa.com/Horatio.html

Here's another picture of Horatio the Persian cat...

And for those interested: Horatio the cat is available for purchase!!!

12. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:(We might be underestimating DC and his ideas. Yes, the Marisol storyline was NOT terrific; however, the original idea and how it ultimately played out may have been world's apart.

;)As mentioned above, his ideas regarding H/Y eye messages in "Witness to Murder" and the hug in "Lost Son" were right on target and indicative of someone who knows ALL the team intimately.

:rolleyes:I don't have the dvd's of past seasons, so am only aware of the audio comments from this board. However, it seems obvious to me that DC is finely tuned to not only his character but the others as well.

:lol:Although, having said that, why he can't see the necessity of lightening up the drab & dreary wardrobe is beyond me!

13. RedHot

RedHot Witness

I read in I don't know what article (I read a lot of them) that the last scene we will see of Horatio will be in the Cross Jurisdiction field (where he found the little girl) dying an seeing Marisol coming for him. I hope this is not through and especially a DC idea! I will try to look for the article.

H/Y rules!

14. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:p DC did mention during an interview that he might like to see the last show feature a reunion (of sorts) of H & the little girl from Cross Jurisdictions.

:confused:Speculation beyond that (H dying, Marisol coming for him, et al), I suspect, is a product of someone's overactive imagination.

15. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i think DC mentioned the dying and marisol thing in the last tv guide article. one, i really don't want to think about horatio dying. thats just not cool. two, i think he was still suffering from that virus i mentioned earlier when he said that. (we're praying for your recovery DC!) and third, when the show does end, after running for many more seasons (knock on wood) why in the hell would he think about a storyline that lasted all of half a season? c'mon! thats just ol' crazy talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.