Teenage Thread 3- We Are the Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by vegaslights, Jan 21, 2006.

1. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

^Lucky! We have a gym final. Isn't that so lame? It's about like proper technique and fundamentals. I have 3 days of finals June 4,5, and 6. Than we need to come in Thursday but it's basically we just sit around all day.

2. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

A gym final? Never heard of that but in my school if you have an "A" for the last marking period and if you've had an "A" for the entire year then you can be exempt from the exam

3. CSI_Sidle2399

CSI_Sidle2399 Rookie

My school does something like that only for the seniors. If they have a b+ then they don't have to take the exam in that class.

4. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

Well, if your failing a class, you don't have to go to finals :lol:, or if your getting a high A, people don't take them. The seniors don't take finals at our school.

I have no clue how to take a gym final, I get the study guide tomorrow, so that should be interesting.

5. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

a gym final!?!? That's interesting to say the least. I would flunk with flying colors. I like the running, stretching and stuff but hate the sports with a passion. If it doesn't involve a dog then I really don't have much of an interest in it. lol

6. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

yea they do that at my school too which is kinda unfair but i'll get there sometime:)

7. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Hey everyone.

Just stopping in to ask- anyone have grad day at their schools? Here, ours is today, where eighth graders go from school on a bus to Six Flags/Magic Mountain and stay until 1 am. Tons of schools from all over go, and its a blast. Anyone have anything like this? Man am I excited tonight. I'll tell you all about it later. :D

8. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

that sounds so cool cainesugar! my middle school years sucked becasue 1) when i finished 7th grade I moved to a different school and 2) we just had a cotillion or "luncheon" whatever you wanna call it but it was good but we never had what you're having

Hope you have fun!

9. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

No, cainesugar I don't have any of that, but it seems like a lot of fun :) Anyway, that's because you're going to start High School next year, right? And High School there is such a big, big thing, or it seems from the movies...Here, the transition grade is 9th, anyway, is after it that you may move to a new school, different classifications in tests, a little bit more of a specific area...those kinds of things. But anyway, I don't think they even do anything for 9 graders, but I am not really sure about it :p

10. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

My exams start monday. I have 5: Latin, French, English, Math, Science.
    The "If you get an A in the course you don't have to take the exam" rule doesn't apply to my school. :(

For my school, you're required 4 years English, 4 years Math, 3 years Science, 2 Years History (though 3 are recomended), and 2 years Language.
    It's so hard for me, because I wanted to do double language (latin and french) for all 4 years, but I also wanted to take science all 4 years..so I still haven't decided which language I'm dropping next year.. I wish I could continue both without having to do some sort of summer school. I also want to continue Art and Music..and just forget History. But of course I can't. :rolleyes:

I should probably be studying for exams now :lol:

11. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

In my high school freshman year sucks!! we hardly do anything and this year we didn't even go on any trips:(

12. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Ah man you have to take exams this week? Good luck.

I'm not even in HS yet so I'm sot sure what I have to take, although for next year I'm enrolled (9th grade) in Honors Alg. II/Trig, Honors Biology, Honors English and History. Not sure what it'll be like, today I recieved conformation that I can take Trig, after passing two exams b/c I took Alg. I in 7th grade and Geometry this year; we work a year or two ahead in my program and the HS I'm going to can put you ahead, but sticks you originally in regulars. So happy!

Anyway, back to grad night.

Yeah I was kind of thinking maybe it was confined to certain states. I don't know, and grades are so different- as to waht's considered middle and high school, what years you graduate. We're from all over. :D

Anyway, it was last night and all I can say is wow. We boarded the bus at 5:30pm, my best school friends weren't going so I went with a bunch of other friends, and sat with someone I'm not too friendly with, but we're sort of friends; her name is Emily

I never found my friend who I promised I'd go on almost all the rides with, named Holly. Instead, Emily and I went on a few rides with this really nice, really intelligent autistic boy named Murphy (he's awesome though), then Murphy joined abother group and we met up with some other of my good friends, there were two Brandon's, one which Emily is really into and I'm best friends with, and us three split from the group (Emily, Brandon and I) and went on one ride, all three of us. We wanted to go on another but we had to make it back to the bus by midnight. It was awesome because we got to spend time with friends, see other eighth graders from around the city, some of who I knew from other stuff (the whole park was shut down for four schools of eighth graders). I had the best night of my life.

Thanks. :) Just wanted to share, because it was awesometastic. :D

13. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Wow, I find it so strange that you count the years you have a subject, like 2 of science and 3 of maths. I don't really get it. In here I kind of have the same subjects since 7th grade. And they're more or less the same as in 5th and 6th grade. And I don't count the subjects, because I don't have the option to choose what I want to take next year, like someone here seems to. Lilly said it, different places, so different rules.

By the way, I am so glad you had a lot of fun with friends. I never met an autistic person, by the way :rolleyes:

And I don't have finals...My first final exams are going to be next year. That's something good in here, I would say :) Good luck to you all that have them ;)

14. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

^ Thanks Dani. For us at least, you count the years because in order to graduate High School and go to any college you need a certain number of years of each subject, as in two years of PE, two years of Math, four years of English and History, two years of foreign language and three years of Science, and then you fit in extra years of whatever you're interested in. If you want to work in science, you might take an extra year of science, or an elective. It's designed to give you more options.

15. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it especially for geometry and history:p
    well in my school I have to take 4 years of English(which sucks by the way) 3 years of science, math, and history, 2 years of a language, 4 years of gym(includes drivers ed, health, etc.) 1 year of computers and I think its one year of art but im not sure and then my sophomore year i have to take the state test and then the SAT my junior year