"Secrets and Flies" Discussion **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 29, 2005.

1. LiquidCrystal

LiquidCrystal CSI Level Two

I totallly agree with you Greglover14! Now I'm so looking forward to seeing this episode...Petersen went to a Catholic Highschool...I wonder if he is still Catholic.

2. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

I think it's because a lot of us figured there wouldn't be any Nick scenes while he was off to France to promote the show. But this ep could have been filmed before he left, and perhaps there'll be an in December with no Nick (elieve Nick's slated to appear in the two-parter plus the following episode, which takes us through the November sweeps eps).

No Greg in the promo, but he's usually not in the promos since he doesn't have a story line. He had some great scenes and lines in "Gum Drops" so I don't expect he'll have as large a role in this episode, although I think he'll be in some scenes.

I'm looking forward to this--should be a great Grissom ep, and since he wasn't in "Gum Drops", it'll be wonderful to see him again.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

From a medical standpoint, it is entirely possible (not common though) to become pregnant without actually having sex or divine intervention.

I was just thinking...wasn't there a similar episode awhile back I think in season 3 where some teenage girl (who as memory recalls was also a virgin) who, by sheer willpower, was able to shift her own hormones around so that her body was convinced she was pregnant even though there was no guy to help her with it.

4. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

I know. I'm hoping that they bring something to light about the fact he used to be Catholic. I think that would be such good drama. I love learning about Grissom's past.

5. VerityKindle

VerityKindle Police Officer

I would assume in vitro could be performed on a woman who had never had sex. Or even implantation of a fetus as a surrogate.

I hope the episode doesn't get too religious, given Grissom's aversion to religion. I just don't really want to hear it.

6. dgemba

dgemba Witness

sounds strange to me...hope it doesn't get too religous, though it may be leaning that way.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm just guessing here but I would think that the autopsy is what determined she was a virgin. Unless prior to her death she shared that info with someone who decided to tell the cops for whatever reason, how else would the CSIs know that? In which case, her being pregnant and giving birth would negate those results. Because a virgin's anatomy and a mother's anatomy are different and any doctor or coroner or what have you would know this. And would also rule out in vitro.

Maybe the girl is the baby's aunt or something and became the legal guardian shortly after birth? Who knows?

That said, I really can't see them turning this into a religious episode, even with the subject matter at hand.

8. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

To me this might suggest she stole the baby from someone or somewhere.

9. abharding

abharding Rookie

True...And that could be an interesting idea...that sort of thing has been in the news recently. The question would then be where is the mama and what happened to her? And why would a woman who is a virgin go to such lengths to get a child?

10. RBC

RBC Coroner

It doesn't have to do much with this episode, but it kinda fits i here too. When are they gonna go further with the new evidence about Nick's kidnapping Grissom found in episode 6.1? Isn't it time they go a bit forward with that?

11. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

So many reasons abharding and some stem from the need to be loved. Do we know how old this woman is?

I was also thinking about the different cases that have been in the news, but was just too lazy to really get into that deal. After the Sparks storyline last week, I'm not looking forward to ANOTHER case (for personal reasons) about a woman who wants a child going to extreme lengths.

12. Lauren93

Lauren93 Witness

Looks kinda odd, but Im still pumped to see it.

13. wildcherry

wildcherry Lab Technician

Meet Wendy Simms (aka Liz Vassey) the new DNA lab tech- the one who thinks Greg likes her... whether he does or not we'll soon find out. More info here.

She looks a little older than I expected...

14. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Cool Thx for the info.
    LOL, we have another person from ER coming onto CSI.

15. abharding

abharding Rookie

Well, I will agree on the reason why she would want a child, I was just wondering why she would go to such lengths without trying...more conventional methods first. Moreover I was thinking in terms of plot... that those questions would be something the CSI would be looking into and would lead us somewhere, into something deeper. I wasn't saying that it would never happen.

Same here...but then again there could be something else going on...CSI likes to pull a "bait and switch" every now and then. To keep us guessing at what is going to happen. However, there is one thing I would like to see if they are going to show us a an woman going to exterme lengths to have a baby and that is how would Catherine react to such a case?

We know how she reacts to mothers who kill their kids...and parents who cover up for their kids deeds, how would she react to people that go to such lengths to have a kid? In "Sparks of Life" she thought the family who's child was at the center of the world had it right...so how would she react to a woman is willing to kill to have child of her own? I am not a fan of those types of stories, but I would really like to see that...if only to see how it would effect Catherine...