Where did the dog come from?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSIdoglover54, May 25, 2007.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

According to IMDB.com, there are three animal trainers: Janice Gantenbein, Sue O'Grady, and Tasha Zamsky. I am not sure which episodes each one have worked or which ones train the dog and which ones handle Grissom's bugs. :)

2. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I thought both of the dogs in Burked were George's dogs.

3. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

Wow, bug trainer! how strangely cool! :p

4. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

^anyone seen the outtakes? I don't think the bugs get much training, it's more of will power. :lol:

5. LemonJelly06

I've seen one where Grissom's sitting at his desk and there's a bug in a jar and they keep tapping the jar and it starts moving and then seems to die again. I guess you're right about that. :p

6. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

That would be an interesting conversation starter:
    What do you do?
    I train bugs lol!

I would think it would more of getting the bugs to react correctly at a precise moment then anything but who knows.

Dynamo1-the trainer probably works with their dogs that they have been training, more then likey not with Billy or George's dogs. Most dog trainers work with the dogs that they own or that are staying with them so the connection is better.

7. LemonJelly06

Can you imagine that at one of those speed dating things, some woman sits down and that conversation ensues, then for the rest of the 7 minutes it's utter awkward silence. :p

8. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

it must be difficult for the anmail to do what they are told if they are not properly trainned...but since that dog was WP's i imagine the dog listened to whatever he told him :D

9. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Only one of the dogs was George's dog. He only has Maverick. As for the other dog, I didn't get a good look at it. But I would love to be able to check and see if it was Dax, Eric's dog.

10. Kerosene

Kerosene Witness

I was wondering the same damn thing. I can't see Gil with a dog (mainly because most dogs eat bugs).
    Also does anyone know where he got the dog from (state wise) because the boxer has his tail. Which means that he got the dog in Cali (I think they are the only state that actually bans cosmetic procedures like tail docking) or its not pure breed.

Just wondering because when I first saw the dog I though it was a boxer mix.

11. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

^^He could have just requested for his dog not to have his tail docked? Or the breeders didn't like it? I'm guessing it was probably either LA or Chicago he got him from. :rolleyes:

12. Veze

Veze Rookie

George's dog, Maverick, is a yellow labrador and not a golden retriever.

And I also think that Grissom's character was not portrayed as a Dog-man even if Billy was.

13. csimonkey

csimonkey Police Officer

Was george's dog Kaluha? :D
    and i would so love to see Dax! :D

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

the dog who played kaluha in season 6 was a golden retriever, maverick was only on in season 2 and is a yellow lab.

brunos face looks like a pure boxer. he doesnt have his ears cropped either. the dog could come from california or billy doesnt like/want the procedures done to his dog. good for billy i say :)

15. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

I'm okay with people who don't show their dogs not having cropping/docking done but in the show ring it just doesn't loko right. You lose something with a natural eared/tailed Doberman for example. Now they are taping ears more instead of cropping.

Billy's dog could have come from a rescue too.

Did Eric name his Golden after Jadzia Dax in Star Trek DS9? I have three dogs with star trek names, Kes, Paris and Geordi.