Teenage Thread 3- We Are the Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by vegaslights, Jan 21, 2006.

1. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Thanks Dani. *huggles* What happened yesterday was I spent all day avoiding her, worried, and then my other friend said 'she wants to talk to you, she just thinks you're mad.' And I sort of didn't want to talk to her because I wanted an apology and I knew I wasn't going to get one, so I kind of thought we'', IDK, I don't want to talk to her. I was a bit mad.

But in the end I went up to her and just said 'hey, we cool?' and she said yeah. She thought it was a misunderstanding and I just wanted my friend back. I held back the urge to tell her I was right, and I hadn't done anything, I had been nice, blah blah, and I got my friend back. It was really hard for me not to have the last word, but it was worth it. :D

Welcome back greglover. :D

2. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I'm playing short hopefully. unless I get better at pitching :)
    Soccer is awesome too, I'm pretty good, but Tennis and Soccer seasons overlap so I cant do both :(

I think you did the right thing though. Friends can be SO ridiculous. I get judged more by my friends than random people. You can't please everyone.

I think I'm probably in the bimbo/sporty girl/priss group. I say things that are pretty off the wall, so a lot of people thing I'm stupid. I'm on like every team and play like everything so I'm sporty. Than everyone assumes i'm super big girly girl because of my constant need for fake nails.

Dani, I miss you :(
    Keep in touch :)

3. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

greglover14, I didn't even know you, but Welcome Back anyway ;) The subject now is...hmmm, sports, friends (or problems with them, anyway :rolleyes:), school and holidays, a while back.

Lilly, I know it isn't easy at all, but it ends up worthing it. Glad everything is now OK :)

Ashley, I miss you, too. By the way, I have just sent you an email. Sometimes it's not easy to keep in touch, I don't go to my email box everyday, and so on and on. Time is never enough when I am in the computer :p *hugs and apologises*

4. AshleyFirst223

hahaha Dani Don't apoligize, It's quite alright :)

Okay, I hate how small my town is. It gets on my nerves. You can't go anywhere without seeing someone you know and having to make small talk.

5. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

Just got off work. Whats going on with me? Its my last week at school and I should be studying right now, but I'll get to that. I go to all-girls catholic school. Anyone think thats interesting?

6. AshleyFirst223

How do you do that greglover14. I'd be in hell. Girls are so dramasome, Is there a lot of drama?
    Where do you work?

7. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

greglover14, I am not really sure I would find it that cool or interesting, But that's just me. Yeah, I agree, sometimes girls are too complicated (me included, probably :p). Well, boys can be, too. But still, variety is good, I would say. But do you like it/are used to it/is fine with it? Or you would prefer to change and soon?

From what age can people work in your countries? Are there many opportunities for teenagers to start? In here you can work since you are 16, but I don't know any person who does that during school. During summer holidays, yeah, there are some around me. But during school, there are, of course, but I don't know any. At least with 16. I don't really know, but I don't think teenagers like that look for part-time jobs, or maybe they just can't find them. I don't know :rolleyes:

About where I live, well, it's not one of the big cities, like the capital, but I like it. It's not too big, not to small. I live right in the city centre. My house is like in the same building as one of the most known shopping malls. Right next to my flat's door, there's a cafe, jeweller's. Then there's clothes shops, stationer's, supermarkets and pretty much everything...everything is just right there. Which is good :) Well, as about the city itself, there's the brand new theatre, there's cinemas(2 or 3, one of them new as well), there's discos, there are gardens, including the renewead one(not much but still), there's the new skated park...All that, and yeah, we have had some new spaces lately. We also have historic zone and the castle. Narrow streets and old houses. But that's just part of it, and I think it's good. I didn't like it that much before, but now that I have seen other cities, I think it's really OK :) There are obviously bad stuff, but this is the general thing I think of it.

8. AshleyFirst223

You can work at 14, depending where and if you have a work permit.
    When I was like growing up, I moved here at 5 and haven't left, there was like no serious crime. Now there's like 6 sex offenders who live within 3 blocks. My best friend's neighbor was murdered, we've had hostage situtations, and major car accidents. Our town has otten more messed up, since I was younger. We don't have much here but we have a good public transportation which can get you basically anywhere for a price :)

9. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

I've been working at different places since I was 13. As long as no one knows and they don't take out taxes, its fine.

Going to an all girls school isnt all that bad. I mean, it takes me 5 minutes to get ready for school in the morning (put my hair up, put on my uniform, eat breakfast). And I can go to school looking like total shit, and no one cares because everyone else looks like hell. And the curriculum is structured around how girls learn.

But there are the bad parts, like you don't have a choice in whether you want to take home ec because we are supposed to become good wives and mothers. Or if a guy gets into a fight at school he just gets a detention, I punch a girl in the face and I get suspended. The worst part is that you are constantly surrounded by stupid girls that bring their stupid drama to school, and there is backstabbing, and betrayal, but sometimes you build the friendships that you are going to have for the rest of your life.

10. AshleyFirst223

^hahaha I look like crap at school either way. I don't really care anymore. I mean I'll throw some eyeliner on, put my hair up to the side. Throw on some clean looking clothes and roll. I have PE first hour though, so I just get ready a little better afterwards.

I had to take 3yrs. home ec. but so did the boys, so it didn't really make a difference to me. At our school, no matter the gender, if you fight someone it's automatic 3day suspension. Of course detention is common.

I don't like to think about having life long friends, it's just weird to think that most of my friends won't be in my life 10 years from now.

11. CSI_Sidle2399

CSI_Sidle2399 Rookie

I sort of do the same thing because I don't have time to shower in the morning because I don't feel like getting up a 5.

For our school we're forced to take one semester of art, 4 years of gym, 4 years of English, 3 of Social Studies Science and Math.

12. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

thats how it is in my school too only that you have to take a year of art and two years of language, which kinda sucks cause i really dont like art but im planning to take four years of language and five years of science (yea i know i sound like a geek/dork)

13. AshleyFirst223

You have to take 4 years English, 3 years math, 3 years science, 3 years history, 4 PE years (including driver's ed), 1 semester consumer, 1 semester health, 1 semester reading, and 2 years foreign language.

Ahh, so when does everybody have final exams?

14. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

mines are like in two weeks but next week i have to take a practice HSPA test which is like a state test or something like that and that tells us if we need extra classes or something which sucks cuz then i probably wouldnt be able to take psychology:(

15. CSI_Sidle2399

CSI_Sidle2399 Rookie

Mine start the 8th and end the 13th. I have MCAS (state test) right before which sucks. The good thing is I don't have to go to school on one the the exam days because I have gym that day which you don't take a final, and my computer class which my teacher says I don't need to take a final.