Eric & Calleigh #23 -- This Ship Is Sailing To Booty Island

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Re: Eric & Calleigh #23 -- This Ship Is Sailing To Booty Isl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AMRITA! Where the hell have you been, woman? All these people have been disappearing and I don't know why. If you guys stop posting in this thread, the terrorists win!

I'm so ready for some spoilers. Anything, really. An interview, whatever. I just need to know something's going down next season, preferably their pants.

2. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Caro you are freakin' hilarious! YOu never fail to crack me up when I come in here, I LOVE it! :lol: Great pictures and I totally agree...I am dying here without any new info...knowing what's gonna go down is vital especially if what's going down is their pants...definitely gotta know it then! :devil: And it should be that, cuz it's about dang time these two jump eachother! :D

3. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

I would spend much more time in this board if it weren't for the damn iPod ads. Make them stop. Make them go away.

Anyway, to start a new discussion, I was thinking about the finale again and I found this kinda interesting:

Calleigh: I don't even know how I feel about Jake yet.

Kinda weird? I mean, she's known the guy since her academy days. She's had two affairs with him, one of which presumably lasted a while, and she still doesn't know how she feels about him? Also, interesting wording there. Calleigh talks about her feelings for Jake like it's something she can control. Like, "okay, today I'm going to fall in love with you, but only until 3 o'clock, cause I have a meeting at 4." It's like she's trying to decide whether she should develop feelings for him, like she can turn her feelings on or off. Which makes me think Calleigh is with Jake out of convenience. They don't work together. She's always at the lab, so she doesn't get to see him much. Hell, they don't even have time to eat together, ever. Yet she still gets to have sex when she wants, and when people ask her she gets to say she has a boyfriend. Not a bad deal, I suppose, albeit dysfunctional as hell.

Whereas her feelings for Eric developed on their own. She didn't "decide" to fall in love with Eric like she's trying to decide whether she should fall for Jake or not. I'm pretty sure that if Calleigh could turn her feelings for Eric off she would. He's not "convenient" like Jake is. She can't control herself when she's around him. He gets her to confront their feelings for each other. And I gotta say, I'm loving that Eric did that. Calleigh can be so damn frustrating with her stubbornness, I'm glad he's not letting her get away with all the denial crap. It's pretty obvious Eric's in it to win it.

I do feel kinda bad for Jake because she's obviously stringing him along. He's pushing for a relationship and she's looking for excuses not to go out with him and is in love with another man. I hope he realizes this sooner than later and let's her go and maintain some of his dignity, but this is CSI: Miami so he'll probably turn out to be a neo-Nazi child molester with a nasty case of gonorrhea.

4. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

^^ She also said that "You know I trust you with my life" or something. It's so beautiful! :D It really highlights E/C's beautiful relationship. I believe that what she feels for Eric is far deeper than what she feels for Jake and always will be... she's known Jake for so long, has been there for him--vice versa, HE'S always there for her. Never failed either. They flirt and laugh...

I don't know why, but I see that at the end of Season 4--Hip Huggers will already possibly be a canon couple! :D That makes me... SMILE! :lol:

There's alot of ships that I love, but I think that Hip Huggers has the most beautiful writing between them. So realistic, raw, dangerous but safe--just perfect. They compromise each other so well... I've always loved them from the start and they've captured my heart through their easy chemistry, full flirtiness in their dialouge.

Here's some math for everybody. :D (Wheee, aren't I such a geek?)
    Eric + Calleigh = Love + Perfection

5. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

Just buy it. You won't regret it.

Of course Calleigh wouldn't know how to feel about Jake yet. If he has done something to her before then she will feel a little hesitant about how he will treat her.

I love how whenever someone describes Calleigh's two interests(meaning Emily, Adam, writers, etc.) they always say something like this for Eric; "Someone she has loved for a long time" or "A close longtime relationship with a colleague". They use much more meaningful words for them. Even Calleigh says the more meaningful words to Eric.

6. _____Skylar

Oh, absolutely. And it's weird, cause it's CSI: Miami, but whatever, I just roll with it!

It isn't a cliche (like emotionally stunted older man fall for his young employee and she'll teach him to loooove) or unsubstantial (two hot people hook up cause they're hot and young), there's a really deep connection between them that goes back to the first episodes. It's not rushed, and they're actually acknowledging it's not practical, what with the fact that they work together. I like that. It's realistic. None of the other CSI ships (at least the canon ones) are.

Eric and Calleigh talk. None of the other CSI ships do that. Grissom/Sara... we never see them together and when we do it's so damn cheesy and corny I just wanna shoot myself. Lindsay/Danny... meh, it was rushed and never really made any sense to me, and also kinda shallow and unsubstantial. Eric and Calleigh are there for each other, they make each other smile. They communicate. Sometimes they don't even have to say anything, but they still communicate with a look, etc. There's this amazing connection between them. Continuity = awesome! The callback to the first trust line was a thing of beauty.

One thing about Eric and Calleigh is you don't know what's gonna happen. With Grissom/Sara it was like duh, OF COURSE they're gonna hook up. They always hook up. But you don't know that with E/C. It's the uncertainty that makes it so exciting, not to mention realistic.

7. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

^^ I remember Adam calling E/C romance, he said this: " It's inevitable that romance happens". He also said: "[Calleigh and Delko] will start to acknowledge [their feelings] and maybe even fall for each other."

:D He merely describes Natalia/Eric as "fliration"... but he's with us--he knows that E/C is The Real Thing!

8. _____Skylar

Adam's always been a Hip Hugger. There are older interviews in which he talks about E/C too, and he said that people always asked him about it even before the E/C thing began this season. Awesome.

Personally, I think he just wants to kiss Emily and touch her boobies but you know, he's a hard working guy. He deserves to cop a feel every now and then. Same goes for Emily. Go to town, guys!

9. patluver144

patluver144 Police Officer

Yeah we all know they like love eachother! :D
    To bad they can't anything in real life..... :(

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

The writers for Miami are doing an awesome job of setting up this romance. I am surprised that they seem to be handling it so well but Adam and Emily do a great job either way with what they are given.

E/C is miles beyond the other ships for CSI's. The level the ship goes to is soo much deeper than the other ships. With D/L it is plain to see that they "like" each other and hooked up b/c of that. Then later their feelings might manifest into something deeper. GSR feels like "well we are both alone and like each other so lets give it a go" You don't feel the emotion and depth in that ship at all.

Whereas, E/C you feel the conflict, the emotion. I think what makes this ship stand out is that these two probably already love each other and now the whole saga is them getting together and letting the other know that their feelings run that deep. We are way passed the "I like you" stage with these two. It is definately love and I can't wait to see how the writers play this out next season.

11. Hip_hugga_lovah

Hip_hugga_lovah Lab Technician

I agree with you delkolover the writers are doing a wonderful job with EC. I don't watch CSI:NY so I don't know how DL look together but I've seen pics and they look cute. I never really liked the GSR pairing though. It seemed to be in the script for them to be a couple from the begining. As suppose to EC they always were flirting but never went there with each other. It wasn't till "Man Down" that everything started to fall into place with them. Unfortunately it had to be one of them getting seriously hurt for feelings and emotions to show. I respect the writers for how they're treating this ship. I always figured it's better to start a relationship off by being friends first anyway. It builds for a stronger and long lasting love that without a doubt EC will have :D.

Is it September yet dammit?? :mad:

12. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Which surprises me, since they usually slaughter any decent storyline. :lol:

I agree, there's emotion in thi ship. They've been extremely close for so long and now they're beginning to realize they're in love, that's real. I think there are really good times ahead of this ship and can't wait to see how the actors go with it. They've got chemistry too. ;)

13. patluver144

patluver144 Police Officer

They both know that there is really deep feelings between the both of them. Calleigh reconized it and is afraid of what to do. Eric really loves Calleigh and was hurt when he saw Calleigh kissing Jake!

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I think Jake is probably like Calleigh's Natalia. Just someone to be with cause you're lonely. Good sex, but as Eva said, no real deep connection.

Now let's just hope Jake remembers to use his birth control correctly.

15. Jiffyjazzy

Jiffyjazzy Captain

Oh dear God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.