Spoiler Rumors: What We Are Hearing

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I don't mind him taking a sabbatical, though, especially if it means getting a 4-episode arc with a new character. It allows them to play with the storyline format more. Hmmm... might I nominate either Laurence Fishburne or Angela Bassett for the next go-round? :D

2. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i think the wait is going to kill me..

however i am very intrigued by that aftermath title.....of what????

3. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

I can't deal with Grissom not being in for a huge part of the season again, the wait for season 8 is soooo annoying. I hate cliffhangers. :(

4. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

I hate cliffhangers to. I could not deal if any of the character was no long on the show they all need to stay.

5. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

I do not want to see William leaving :( *tears* hopefully he won't leave until the end of the show (in twenty years) .

6. jorjaschainfire

jorjaschainfire Civilian

Every character in the show (esp. Jorja and Bill) are irreplaceable. After 8 seasons of being on T.V. it would be hard to accept certain characters not being there. I couldn't imagine killing Sara off of the show, but at least we have hope to see her in the beginning of Season 8, right?
    I'd rather see a character go than be recasted. Ohhh wouldn't that be awful :(

7. jorjaschainfire

jorjaschainfire Civilian

Oops I got a little ahead of myself. I meant 7 SEASONS. Sheesh :p

8. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

First off, if Marg quit-- the show would falter. She's up there with William. As far as Jorja is concerned...I hate to say this, but I think the show could go on without her. I might miss Sara a moment...but would get over it. She's replaceable. I think it would be suicide for the show to bring in another actress to play the role of Sara, but I think CSI is smart enough to know not to do that. If they got rid of Sara...I can see a 'new csi' coming in...and struggling to fit in with the group. Actually fresh meat might not be a bad idea. It would destroy GSR which personally even if Sara stayed...I think the writer's would end GSR anyhow.

Anyhow...I don't care what happens with Jorja...first off if this is a salary issue...it really depends on how much she's asking for. If she is being unreasonable--asking for more than what MH or WP make...then of course that is just crazy. They are of course the main characters on the show...which Sara is not.

9. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

I totally agree with you. Billy and Marg are the 2 main characters, and if either of them left, it would destroy the show. Jorja, on the other hand, does have a large role, but her absense wouldn't be as big of a deal. I do hope that she stays, but I would like to see a strain put on GSR by Lady Heather, and from what we have heard, it sounds like Melinda Clarke will make another appearance in season 8 :D, so we'll see...

10. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Irreplacable characters? you know, I think only Billy Petersen comes into that category. I just think his character (and him as an actor), is so strong, and so different to anything else on TV, that if he went, then that'd be it. I can't imagine the show being anywhere near as good. He really is an unique leading man as far as TV drama goes.

The others - personally, I'd hate to see Marg or Jorja leave, as after Billy, I think those two are the other real strong characters. Jim Brass as well, he's just great. Sorry to say, for me, Nick, Greg and Warwick are the characters that could leave and I really wouldn't be at all bothered. Nothing against them, but in comparison to Gil and his two leading ladies, they just don't have the same depth.

11. loki

loki Lab Technician

Why does every place on this board have to be a battle between Sara and Catherine?

I think as far as actors go, every one is irreplaceable. Rather or not you like a character you can't deny each actor and actress plays them fantastically, and for as long as the show has been on and how many fans each character has gathered, I think it would be a bad idea to kill any of them off...

That being said... I believe this is a rumor thread, right? Not who should stay and who should go...

12. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i agree with you there...this is about rumours...and now who deserves to stay or go

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't think it's a battle between Sara and Catherine. They were talking about Marg and Jorja instead. Personally I don't get why every time Marg and Jorja are brought up, people just automatically assume it's a battle between Catherine and Sara. And to be honest, I don't think it would be such a big impact as some of the previous posts have mentioned if either one of them leaves the show.

In fact, I think everyone on this show could be replaced (yes, even Billy Petersen), just not all at once. I know a lot of people watch the show for Billy Petersen, and personally I watch it for Marg, but a huge number of the casual viewers out there just watch the show and can't even point out who is who. Some of us wouldn't watch CSI if a certain actor left, but that's just some of us, and people who are obsessed enough to join online forums or pay attention to the contract issues are only a tiny part of all viewers. The rest would keep on watching as long as the show is there until the scripts get really boring and they can't stand it anymore. A lot of people threatened not to watch ER when George Clooney was leaving (after being on the show for five seasons), but it's starting its 14th season in September now. I know it's not as strong as it used to be, but it's an old show and it's got a lot of loyal viewers therefore it's stable. I personally think CBS would keep CSI as long as it's one of the top 20 shows, no matter who's on it or who leaves.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I just recieved my new TV Guide in the mail and there's a two page spread with them at the 'Chicago' Museum event, and in this brief article Jorja Fox says about her returning "If I did know, I'd smile and say I didn't, but I hope Sara's alive and well, and back for a SEXY S/8 romance" quote un-quote ;) sounds pretty positive to me.. and this is a great emsemble their all equally unique & fantastic!

[​IMG]

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

What do you mean, they don't have the same depth as Billy and the ladies? They do have the same depth as they do. Without Billy and Marg, there is no Grissom and Catherine, they are the lead of the show. Without Gary, George and Jorja, there is no Warrick, Nick and Sara, they are next after Grissom and Catherine. I can't forget about Eric, if it wasn't for the fan, he wouldn't bring Greg to live. They each have their different way.

If there is no cast, there is no CSI. You might well killed the show. They make the show. Billy is the one that want George and Jorja to played Nick and Sara.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.