Let's Talk Gay

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MiaCharlize, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loki

loki Lab Technician

I used to be Mormon too, and I think it messed me up. They told me everything was wrong, so I spent my life trying to make everything right for everybody else, which ended up just depressing me. Now I have no religion, but I DO follow Buddha's teachings. I hate how EVERY religion is against gays though. Like, there are plenty of other things God would forsake people for, I don't think if you're a perfectly nice and moral gay he would hate you just for that!

2. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

^My friend is mormon, so I don't tell her anything, because I fear is her judging me or abandoning me, because we've been friends since like the 2nd grade.

I had to do a project once for a history class and it was about Islamic faith and there's 70 major sins. Homosexuality is 11 and Suicide is 29. That's so messed up. Ughh, It makes me really mad.

3. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

What drives me nuts is that I really feel now that a lot of the churches (mainly Catholic and Christian, no offense to anyone) have began to use their power and name to target homosexuality. They use the threat of going to Hell and burning for eternity and facing eternal damnation to scare people out of being gay :rolleyes: The thing is, I personally think God is more upset at not accepting yourself. I don't think He's proud of what these churches are doing. They're abusing their power and using His name for their own benefits.

I could never belong to a church with that sort of philosophy. It hurts me for someone to sit there and tell you that there's no possible way you can be a child of God and a follower of Him if you're homosexual. I'm Christian and I think I might be gay. But I've accepted that and I'm proud of it. I still follow God. I still try to live my life in His way.

If that's a sin, I'll burn for it.

4. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

If they are going to send me to hell for being gay, then so be it. Sounds like I'll meet lots of gay people, and then we will have a gay people party! Okay, I don't actually know that, but it bothers me soo much that a relgion is like "you are gross, condemned to hell!" Can't tell you how many times I've been told that one :lol: But if god wants to be punish me for being who I am and being sexually attracked to who I am sexaully attrackted too, then so be it, because I am not going to live my life trying to make god happy. Because I have more important things to worry about. I'm living for this life at the moment, not the next one. And that may sound horrible, but that's just the way I want to look at it at the moment :lol:

5. loki

loki Lab Technician

lol gay people party :lol: :p

I'm not gay, but I've been threatened to be sent to hell for so many things, (including having my lip pierced, apparently it makes me a slutty punk that does drugs) so I don't think it's even worth worrying about anymore. Especially about being gay, how can loving someone be bad? That doesn't make sense. Unless God himself tells me something is evil, I'm not going to believe it. :p

6. CSI_Sidle2399

CSI_Sidle2399 Rookie

I agree with you all. I'm going to live my life the way I want to, not the way god wants me to. I used to go to church when I was younger, but we stopped. What I want to know is if it says anything in the bible about homosexuality or if the churches are making it up. Anyone who's religious know?

7. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Levon, if we meet in hell we finally get a chance to talk and have a party instead of babbling on msn and sending emails.
    Looking forward to meeting you ;) :p

8. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Haha, sweet, sounds good! I'll see you all in hell! :lol:

Okay, so I did a really horrible job of reading my bible, but I do not recall reading anything like "you will burn in hell if you become gay" but...it could've said that somewhere, anytime I picked up the bible I fell asleep after the first verse thingy (I can't remember what it's called) :lol:

9. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

I went to a bible study with a friend because I was staying the night at her house and she wanted me to go with her. I had a good time but as is my luck the talk was about sex and apparently they couldn't talk about sex without bringing up homosexuality. A lot of my friends are cool with it but don't know that I am bi or quite possibly gay. I don't like labels but sometimes I feel that in our label-crazy society I have to find one.

Well you guys are the first I have told this too but as many have said I feel safe here. At the bible study, one of the girls was all over me. I knew her from show choir and had always liked her. Well we ended up making out, then the next day I went to her house and we went a little further *blush* she is amazingly sexy and I love that but her personality sucks. This sounds stupid but I go more for personalitiy then how the person looks. She was so mean to her grandparents that it just totally turned me away from her. I kinda feel bad but she was so immature, throwing tantrums because they didn't fix her something 'good' to eat.

There is this girl I met online. We have known each other for three years or more. We have so much in common. We both love dogs and horses and feel the same about many things. Granted we have our differences but I really like her. Before you jump on me about internet relationships I really don't think she is a bad person, so save the lectures please. I'm hoping we can meet this summer. She is overweight and one of my friends was like, "How could you like her, look at her?" and I turned around and yelled at him for being so shallow. I don't care that she is overweight. I love her personality and she wants to lose the weight and that can be done with hard work and support.

Wow sorry that got so long. My boyfriend is coming over in a few hours *sigh* I feel so mean that when I kiss him I think about Jen and feel guilty about kissing him. He's sweet but he's not what I want.

Any suggestions about all of this? Thank you and sorry this is so long. I'm a wordy person, it's a curse.

10. AshleyFirst223

^ My advice may suck but I'll try anyways.

With the whole, bi/gay issue, I'm in the same boat with you, sometimes I'm repulsed by guys and how they act, other days, I find them attractive and fun. But I've never really been repulsed by a girl.

Well, about your overweight friend. I agree that you could go meet her, just make sure it's somewhere safe, like a coffee house or a resturant, and drive on your own. Preferably somewhere that there will be other people, but it won't be crowded.

Have you tried talking to your boyfriend? I mean about you being gay (possibly). Maybe you could try a break or something, I don't know, I'm not very intellectual about relationships.

11. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

I don't personally have a problem with anyone who's gay, I don't particularly like seeing it, then again I don't like seeing public displays of affection at all sometimes. I keep open minded, I know it's not exactly praised by the church, but then again times change and so new things become "normal" and stuff. I dunno, everyone to their own, but I can see why some people wouldn't like it as well, but at the end of the day you should lead your life the way you want, not how people tell you too. No offence to anyone btw. :S

12. loki

loki Lab Technician

I think if you would be happier with a girl you should just do it and not care what anyone thinks or who's feelings you would hurt, because in the end it's YOUR life, and you can't spend it making everyone else happy. I had to make that choice, I was with a guy I didn't love, but EVERYONE wanted me to stay with him and get married (he was such a nice guy, bla bla bla) but I loved someone else, so eventually I got together with him, and now we're planning on getting married. It all worked out for the better.

13. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Agreed. If you find someone else you are happier with, even if other people don't understand it, you should just do what you feel you need to do, No matter what others think.

I still think people suck when they do not understand! I was watching TV last night and someone was going off about traditional marriage, and aghhh! (It was some stupid talk show...I do not know why I was watching it) and is saying that gay people should be locked in a closet and have their heads blown off. It made me mad, because it's still a wedding if you're getting married to the same sex, not some scary religious sacrificing ceremony. And it still bothers me that people think it's anything different than that.

14. AshleyFirst223

I agree with all of you. You can't help who you love. You can either deny it or accept it.

Levon, I totally agree. Just because the bible squares off against gay marriage doesn't mean it isn't a marriage. Some straight couples get married for stupid things, and than end up getting a divorce (which the church is against). I don't know, I had something else to say but I lost it, :lol: I think you guys get the point though.

15. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I just got some bad news from my mom and apparently the girl at the bowling alley who I like isn't going to be bowling on the same nights I am so less-oogling chances!! :lol: :p I think they still come quite a bit anyways so I should see her regardless. But man, that's something I was looking forward to!! :lol:

Those talkshows are hilarious to me when they have people on talking about how horrible gay people are. Really, they make us sound like monsters :lol: I would tell them that if they don't stop we're going to grab all of them, dance around a fire and mark a giant 'L' on their forehead with the blood of our ancestors :rolleyes: It's ridiculous. Gay people are still people, hence why they are called gay people :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.