Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, Dec 13, 2006.

1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

They will start filming in Aug. I don't know what date they're going to start working.

2. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

man, it's a good gig to be a tv star. i bet they get paid like $50,000 an episode, they get all sorts of free stuff, publicity, and summers off. wow, if only...

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ they actually get paid a lot more than 50,000 bucks, you know. as far as i can recall George, Jorja and Gary get $100,000 per episode, Marg gets like $200,000 and Billy $500,000 cuz he's also a producer. those numbers may have risen since i last read about them, but it's just a general idea of how much they get.

btw, i really hope Jorja will be back for the next season.

4. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

wtf?! omg, are you serious?! that's outrageous! i said $50,000 b/c i knew that lauren graham from gilmore girls got paid somewhere around there and she was one of 2 main characters. but marg gets $200,000 per epi? and bill gets half a million? omg! :eek:

5. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

*Jumps in off topic*

Didn't the Friends lot get something like a million an ep in their last season?

*flounces away*

6. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

if they did then that's ridiculous. im not saying that actors and actresses don't work hard, but seriously, there are a lot of people out there who work a heck of a lot harder. what about brain surgeons? do they make a million dollars for each surgery they do? no. and they are saving lives...
    live theater stars have an even harder job than tv stars b/c they can't make mistakes. yet the broadway stars definitely don't get paid as much as movie stars. it doesn't make much sense.

and (to get back on topic) if jorja fox is getting $100,000 per episode, how can she not agree to come back? that's a ton of money!!

7. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

unfortunelty...everything is always about money...i just wish they would all sign already..so we can move on with our lives :lol:

8. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

yea, me too. it would be a huge mistake for any of them not to sign- why would you back away from a main part in a hit primetime show? it just doesn't make any sense.

9. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

How much do they make an episode?
    A while ago I remember reading WP makes 8mill. an episode?

If actors love acting so much, why would you quit it over a salary dispute *cough* Jorja Fox *cough*?

10. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

there's no way that he makes 8 million an episode. that's how much some of the big stars get to be in a movie. and im sorry, but i think salary disputes for actors are ridiculous, they are already overpaid; they don't need any more money.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

William does not get 8 million an ep. I explained in a thread along time back (in 2005) 'LINK' that gave an idea, basically back then (around the time GE an JF were fired) the whole cast were in negotations at that time, Marg was making about 300,000-400,000 per ep, and William was making about 500,000 per ep. which may or may not include his exe producer pay check. You can bet that they have upped that by now if they have re-negotated again.

Check out the link I provided. Money isn't the only thing that negotations are for, they can be asking for a certain amount of screen time, Money, a better parking spot, time to film a movie, or made for tv on another network. To have an option should the show end they are automatically released from contract where as they can be held even if it ended.

The automatic assumption is that its all about money, its natural, but the thing is it could be anything or it could be about money. Who knows, thing is we are told only a little if that and the rest is kept confidental.

12. FireIvyGoddess

FireIvyGoddess Victim

The difference is that the CSI franchise brings in millions and millions of dollars on a regular basis so it only makes sense that it's actors get a piece of that. Broadway shows, with the exception of Wicked and the Disney shows, will very rarely be in the position where they make that much and when they do, most of the money goes towards paying off the production costs. Also, yes Broadway stars work in front of a live audience every night all year round but it really isn't that difficult to avoid making mistakes and trained actors should be quite skilled in covering any mistakes that they do make. They also have more room to move on. A typical Broadway actor will usually stay with a show for about a year and a half (unless you're in Rent and you keep coming back). If a tv show becomes a hit, a television actor can be stuck in that character for much longer and runs the risk of being type cast. Plus their days could go longer, depending on quite a few factors connected with television production.

As for brain surgeons, I don't know how much they do make and it would be wonderful if they could get the money an actor does. It would also be great if teachers or police officers or firefighters or ER doctors could. But those professions don't bring in the money that would allow that to be done. You also need to consider the fact that on a television show, you have a limited amount of cast members that make those high numbers. That isn't so in other professions.

Now to bring us back to topic, like Destiny pointed out, Jorja may be holding out for something other than money. Or maybe she has already signed and they are keeping it under wraps to make for a more suspenseful season premiere. Maybe, even if it is for money, she is holding out because the other actors received better raises. I just really hate seeing Jorja made out as this horrible, greedy person when none of us actually know the truth of the situation.

13. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

I bet even if and when she does sign, it will be kept secret b/c of the whole cliffhanger situation. And it's not that she's a terrible person, i suppose there could very well be more to the situation than money (like maybe she's not getting along w/ some of the staff or something, idk) but, i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

but if you think about it, they are going to have to have in the first episode in flashbacks, or in the actual rescue scenes (depending on how they structure it) regardless of whether she lives or dies. not to mention the fact that if she did die, grissom would probably have flashbacks throughout the season that they might need her for (unless they used clips of old shows, but i hate when they do that b/c i like seeing new stuff, not repeats, and when they show repeats it makes it seem like they just kinda blew off working on that episode)

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

That's quite right, Destiny. I think that Billy's paycheck does include his exec producer cut, but I may be wrong.

Whether or not it is also about money, I thought that perhaps one of the reasons Jorja wanted to go was because she wanted to do other things. I believe this is the longest she has stayed on a series, and from what I've read about her, she likes to move around and do different things - particularly indie movies.

I'm not sure about that though - are there any Jorja fans that can fill me in?

Also, here's a question: What is the usual sign time for an actor? Because Louise Lombard only joined in Season 5 - which means that if the standard is three years or over, she would still be under contract for Season 8.

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Drumchik, as we found out with Rory Cochrane (CSI: Miami) and Vanessa Ferlito (CSI: NY), contracts don't seem to mean much these days.