Shankar: Tune In To The Season Opener

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 26, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

The fans are wondering what will happen to Sara Sidle (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>), but the producers and stars of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation aren't talking.

CSI's executive producer <font color=yellow>Naren Shankar</font> thought that ending the season with Sara in peril was a good way to reveal her relationship with Gil Grissom (<font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>). "We felt we had to reveal it [in the finale ("Living Doll")], so what better way to do it than in a moment of real crisis for Grissom?" Shankar told TV Guide. The show's writers felt that making Sara's situation different from that of the other victims of the Miniature Crime Scene Killer (MCSK) would be a good move. "We also wanted to leave her alone in the desert in that terrible position because we were going for something different." They wanted to make her difficult to find, and Shankar said that the fans will probably see the MCSK again.

While at the "CSI: The Experience" exhibit at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry, none of the cast members would reveal any hint about Sara's fate. "If I did know, I'd smile and tell you I didn't," Fox said. "But I hope Sara's alive and well and back for a sexy season eight romance." <font color=yellow>George Eads</font> (Nick Stokes) said that the show would be in trouble without Sara because there is "only one Jorja Fox."

Executive producer <font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font> said that the show "ended this season with Sara under a car and that's how we'll start season eight." However, she wouldn't reveal any more information. Shankar was equally tight-lipped when asked whether Sara will live or die. "I'm going to be asked that all summer! My response: Tune in to the season opener. We know where we're going with it. It's where we've talked about going from the beginning of this season."

To read more, please visit TV Guide and the TV Guide cover story.<center></center>

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmmm. Interesting.

If they knew where they were going with this storyline from the beginning of season 7 then presumably Jorja's contract negotiations were just a ruse. :p

I like the suggestion that the new season will start from where they left off, so I'm hoping it will actually be like a two-parter and we'll see how it unfolded without the use of flashbacks. I think that could be a really effective episode. :)

This would require a complete character transplant for Grissom. They don't even talk to each other that much, let alone do anything resembling conventional romance. The thought of Grissom and Sara having a sexy romance is hilarious and scary at the same time. :lol:

3. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

lol yeah that's true. I hope they'd just quit trying to brainwash people that it's sexy.

I wasn't happy with the season ending in a cliffhanger because it left the season to be lacking for me. We have been dealing with the MSCK storyline all season and dragging it to the next one gets kinda boring. For example, Heroes ended with a cliffhanger but at least they wrapped up the main storyline. I just hope TPTB gets to move on from MSCK and GSR already.

I'm thinking the LV people should get hints from CSI:NY people on making finales. I preferred NY's for the past two seasons.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The thought of Grissom and Sara having a romance to me is "HOTT" delicious and sexy and oh, so right .. they're
    so great together :p. and on her 'not coming back'. she was just hanging out with all her cast mates in Chicago, and if someone is fired or quits, would you show up at a CSI event.. or party with your ex-co-workers? who'd do that? I'm positive she'll be returning here's those pictures**

http://www.tvguide.com/special/csigallery/

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

lol, this is how every ship-war starts with.

i think the mere idea of a secret office love affair is sexy enough, and besides, it's a relative expression. i think it's damn hot, and presumably so do a lot of people who write/read GSR fanfiction or just ship this pairing. cuz you are hardly going to ship something that is not hot in your mind.

so yeah, basing on this data, there is nothing wrong in saying that you should tune in to a "sexy season eight romance".

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

There is no war here, just encouragement of discussion. :) I don't see the relationship as 'sexy', you're right of course, some people obviously do. I see them as having a deep relationship which, in my opinion, isn't sexy but does complement their characters.

Yeah, that would be strange. Her words strike me as coming from someone who is still taking the official line. She would have no need to do that if she were leaving.

I agree cofi, the MCSK storyline is getting old. I was initially disappointed that they decided to carry it on, and feel it could have been easily wrapped up in the finale. There's nothing wrong with a good cliffhanger, but this one feels rather unneccessary. I still hope they will make the most of it though, and start the new season with an exciting, nail biting episode.

7. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Wow, I haven't seen any episode of season 7 yet, therefore no MK for me. But I have been hearing stuff about it for so long, and they are even going to put in next season. I must say that I thought they would solve that in the finale. But they didn't, so solve it quick and let's forget it for most season 8 please.

About Jorja's situation, I agree with what was said, she probably wouldn't appear in anything related to CSI if she had quit or had been fired. And they wouldn't leave her story open if she wasn't going to appear in the next season, would they? I think she is going to continue in CSI, because of all this, it really doesn't seem like she is not going to be there in the next season. Besides, after opinions about the developments of Sara in the next season and GSR, she has to be there, IMO.