Madonna's New Single To Air During 'Miami/NY' Crossover

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 24, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font color=yellow>Madonna's</font> new dance single, Hung Up, will be featured during the Miami and New York crossover episodes "Felony Flight" and "Manhattan Manhunt."

Hung Up will first play during CSI: Miami, and a variation of the song will be heard two days later on CSI: New York. The different mixes of the song will reflect the moods of the two scenes.

"We wanted the song to be relevant to what was going on, the killer is hung up on the daughters of a wealthy family and the reason he keeps killing is that the victims are stand-ins for these girls," said executive producer <font color=yellow>Ann Donahue</font>.

Coincidently, <font color=yellow> Stuart Price</font>, producer of Madonna's new album "Confessions on a Dance Floor," has provided music for the franchise in the past.

In the first crossover episode, entitled "Felony Flight," Henry Darius confesses to an unsolved murder and is flown from New York to Miami to show the police exactly where he buried the body. However, as the plane flies into Miami, it crashes and Darius escapes. As he begins a Miami killing spree, Mac Taylor, who put Darius away the first time, comes to help Horatio and the team track Darius down before he kills again.

Two days later, in the New York episode "Manhattan Manhunt," Darius returns to the Big Apple with a hostage. Mac and Horatio fly to New York to catch him, but their investigation is hindered when Horatio is served with a subpoena that names him suspect in an unsolved murder.

This isn't the first time the two detectives have met, of course. The first crossover episode, "MIA/NYC – NonStop," saw Horatio flying to New York to apprehend a killer, and served as introduction to the New York team.

"Felony Flight" and "Manhattan Manhunt" will air on November 7th and 9th respectively. Visit Zap2It to learn more about it. And to read more about Madonna's new single and her involvement with CSI, visit her website Madonalicious.<center></center>

2. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Sweet! I can't wait to hear the song as I love it so much. I'm actually listening to it right now on the radio.

3. Danny Caine

Danny Caine Misha's Minion Premium Member

I'm actually more excited to see the Crossover eps then hearing madonna's latest song LOL

4. wibble

wibble Corpse

Whoa! Is this the one with the Abba sample? :eek: For some reason, this doesn't seem the kind of song Madonna would do, but I can see why it would be good to use it if it fits a scene quite well in the show.

5. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Not a big Madonnna fan but interested in how the song sounds, haven't heard it yet.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I have a feeling that since Madonna is having all her songs on shows, and movies lately... she'll start her own series like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson. Curse you reality TV! :lol:

7. NZ_CSI_Chicka

NZ_CSI_Chicka Pathologist

it's not an abba song but it sounds like a one hit wonder from the 80s

8. martini

martini CSI Level One

wow good to know :rolleyes: :p

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I heard her new song at the weekend, and I quite like it, im not a huge Madonna fan, but I really did like it, I think it will sound really good on the Miami/NY crossover :D

10. wibble

wibble Corpse

Does anyone else recognise the sample in it from Abba's Gimme Gimme Gimme song, or is it just me going crazy? :lol:

11. Tinkerbell

^^^ :lol: Awwwwww wibble your not going crazy, there is most definitely an Abba sample in the song, but you have answered a question that has been bugging me which was what the hell the sample was, I have heard it hundreds of times but couldn’t place the band. :lol:

12. wibble

wibble Corpse

LMAO :lol: I'm glad I was able to be of help to you there :D *cough*

*peers around cautiously*

just don't tell anyone I listen to Abba :lol:

13. Tinkerbell

Your secret is safe with me wibble :lol: ;)

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I've heard it a few times on Radio 2 recently. I quite like it, especially the Abba sample bits! :D I can imagine it fitting in with the show very well.

Okay, so there are a couple of admissions for you - I listen to Radio 2 and like Abba! *hides* ;)

15. Tinkerbell

OMG :eek: I listen to Radio 2 as well Lucy ;)