AJ Buckley Fan Project

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

*sobs* You're picking on one of my weaknesses! :lol: Honestly, folding, cutting and sticking stuff are really not my strong points. I blame it on my severe left handedness...

Oh well, I still think it looks pretty despite the fold. :D And so will AJ... :p

Lurkers: there is still time to SEND AJ YOUR LOVE!

eta: I've just realised I'm actually getting quite excited about the project deadline! I'm really glad AJ's going to receive this scrapbook, I'm sure he'll really appreciate it. :)

2. MissMontana

MissMontana Hit and Run

alright, i worked my mad psp and plant-pulling skillz and finally finished my little contribution to the bumfluff love. *yay* :D it ain't much, but i'm quite exicted! :) what do y'all think?

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Absolutely beautiful!!! AJ is going to love it! :D

4. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Well, since everybody's showing their page I thought I'd do the same. :D Fay should have the original-sized picture (do you, Fay? I got no reply to my email so I'm not sure...) but you guys should be able to see how it looks like.

This way to my page

5. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Orison - your page is awesome!
    I wish I could show mine but it was hand-made so I just mailled it straight to Fay!
    I'm so excited for AJ to get this project!!
    We're such lovely fans, even if I do say so myself.

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Those are so great Orison and MissMontana. :D The whole scrapbook is going to look awesome!

Have you finished your page yet Fay?

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Sorry about the late reply, Orison, but I sent you an e-mail earlier. :)

*whistles innocently*

ONE WEEK, PEOPLE! :D

8. Faylinn

Just over 24 hours since my last post. :p

Alright, I'll spare everyone the long post. I'm using this for TalkCSI, LJ, private messages and comments. This is just a reminder to anybody who wants to participate in the AJ Buckley fan project but has not yet done so.

You have less than a week until May 31st. If you want to send a scrapbook page or a letter, please get it to me a.s.a.p. At this point, electronic submissions are a safer bet than going through the mail. Your page doesn't have to be fancy or uber-special--just something to show AJ that you're a fan and that you appreciate his work.

If you don't want to make a scrapbook page (or even if you do), don't forget that a letter is also an option. I would just be thrilled if all of the Adam/AJ fans wrote a small note to him for me to print off. It can be a quick message or a multi-page letter--if you write it, I'll print it off and include it in the package.

AJ deserves all of the fan love we can give him--procrastination time is over, my lovelies! *lol*

Scrapbook guidelines

Two week notice

Questions, comments, concerns: faylinn_drake@yahoo.com

9. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Orison, your submission is amazing! I *love* it & I *love* Siclily & Italy. I see that you included a photo of a piece of architecture that resembles the Parthenon. What is it called? I'm just curious as it's so lovely.

Every one else's pieces are fantastic too. I love getting a glimpse of various countries & cities & such!

10. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

^ Thanks! :D

The picture you're talking about is one of the many examples of Greek heritage that we have around here. It's called "Temple of Concordia" and it's part of this place called "Valley of the Temples" which is in like a couple hours from where I live and yeah, it's very similar to the Parthenon though I've never seen that one in person.

11. Top41

Orison, your page looks great! :D

12. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

^ Thank you! Apparently all those long hours playing with Photoshop while I should've worked or studied finally paid off... :D

13. peanut

peanut Prime Suspect

Ladies, your pages look wonderful! Great job, everyone! :)

Get those submissions in!!!

:)

14. Faylinn

Y'all are getting another last-minute reprieve--I've extended the deadline a few more weeks, so you have no excuse not to send something in! :lol:

The new deadline is: June 15th!

[​IMG]

(The following is similar to a PM I sent to people who showed interest in the project before, but everybody is encouraged to participate--I don't care if I've never heard of you, if you've never heard about this project until now, or anything else. If you want to give AJ some love, I want you to do it. :D)

Please take advantage of the extra few weeks to send something for the fan project. I know we're all busy, but it's great to be able to give someone positive feedback, and what better way to let AJ know how fantastic he is than to participate in this project? :D

You can send a scrapbook page or a fan letter (or both, both would be nice ;)). Please see this LJ post for more information.

Don't hesitate to ask questions or to ask for help coming up with ideas. It would be great if everyone who was interested came through with a submission of some kind. :)

You have a little more than two weeks to mail something to me, or you can e-mail it instead to be sure that it'll get here on time. Every submission is welcome! :D

Thanks so much for giving the project some consideration--I'm sure AJ will love this!

-Fay

P.S. If anybody is curious about statistics, I have received 4 scrapbook pages in the mail, 5 scrapbook pages via e-mail, and 1 fan letter through the mail. I have also given my home address to 4 more people, and will hopefully receive something from them. :)

Even if I get all of those, that's only 14 submissions and only 9 confirmed scrapbook pages. Even with extra stuff tossed in as group projects, there will be empty spaces in the album. So if you're thinking about making a page, definitely do it! :D However, don't think you can't participate if you aren't interested in doing a scrapbook page.

Honestly, if everybody who reads this thread or the AJ thread sends me a little fan letter/note, I'd be so thrilled you have no idea. :D

15. Top41

My submission is in the mail as of yesterday! :D It is nowhere near as pretty as the ones that have been posted here, but features some great cheesy postcards from the LA area. :cool: