The Football Thread #4 - It Is Not Soccer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

ok so i am a spurs fan (for all my sins - i was born 5 mins from WHL) but i shall be cheering the reds on tonight.
    I have already infromed anyone likely to phone me that i will not be availiable for comment tonight (win or lose).

COME ON BOYS!!!

2. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

Not too long more to wait now. Bit nervous, excited too! Have my bottle of wine and pizza in ready for the match.

I think they can do it. They're a much better side than they were in 2005...all they're lacking in consistancy, but maybe that also has to do with the way the side is always being changed.

Come On Liverpool! YNWA

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I feel lonely in this thread :lol:

C'mon...someone must support Milan... hey wait... usually team I cheer for loses so I guess I should cheer for Liverpool :p

4. SamStokes

SamStokes Police Officer

I don't support Liverpool or AC Milan.
    And I have no idea who is better, Liverpool beating Chelsea and AC beating Man U.
    IMO Man United are better than Chelsea, so that would mean Milan are probably better than Liverpool.

I'm not taking sides though, too many Liverpool fans here.
    I'm sticking to American Football.

5. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Ohhhh... this doesn't look good... But well as a Bayern Munich fan I know just too well that it is possible to score 2 goals within 2 minutes :lol: But the odds are definitely against Liverpool now... :(

6. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Nooooooooo, there's a dark dark cloud hanging over the North West of England right now.......my hubby's gutted, my son's gutted, even the dog's slumped off in a corner...

7. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Congrats Milan!

I guess everything's even now :p

8. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

*sigh* I hoped till the end there would be the 2nd goal... damn... I should say things like Milan deserved it etc., but no - I won't say that! (But Milan's 2nd goal - honestly, you mustn't let this guy go through so easily...:rolleyes:)Guess I'll go to bed now...

9. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

I`m so so sad and angry. What happen ?! Wow I can`t believe that Milan make it in the end to take the cup. agrr....

10. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

FORZA MILAN!!!

I am not Italian in any way or form but I am so happy that Milan won. I almost always support my Mediterranean neighbours & that includes Italy, France & Spain. Inzaghi was fantastic as was the effort of the entire team. I love him & Gattuso & Kaka & Maldini. I love Italy & Italian football so to see them win in Athens was great. The stadium was absolutely lovely as was the entire match. Liverpool did well but I'm just glad my team won. Also, I hope there weren't many problems for the Greek police but I imagine there were a good deal of fights after the match.

2007 CHAMPIONS!!!

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Yay! :D 2nd goal... uh why Liverpool players didn't just run towards goal as well (I think they assumed it was offside?) and perhaps they could have got behind their goalie and save.

And the coach was so mad because referee ended the game at 92.45or something :lol: I have to say I was too... not mad but more like "wtf? Wasn't it +3 ?"

12. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

My only consolation was that we weren't beaten by Man Utd! That would have been very, very hard to take.

I thought Milan were woeful for most of the match, though Inzaghi's second goal was very well taken. Liverpool weren't much better. Very disappointing game & result. Don't get me started on the referee! :rolleyes:

13. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

Very boring game. Wasn't entertaining at all. I think it had been hyped up loads though, because of the last match, and maybe that's why it was so disappointing.

Absolutly gutted about the result. What makes it worse is that even though the two teams didn't play well, Liverpool were still the far better side. Didn't think much of the ref either.

:(:(:(

14. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Rubbish Game, Liverpool left their comeback too late and I'm hungover today..........all for nothing

15. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

Gawd the match sucked ! Semis were way better...I'm mad :mad:
    But why do Italians always win ? I'm getting really bored.