More CSI:NY Spoilers: Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

^yeah, of course, very tactful... :rolleyes: For me, it was very anti-dl.... like Carmine would have something to say about it.

I think that they just say what they have to... you want the money so you have to do what tptb says if not... there is a long line in LA for your place. I don't really think that they have a lot to say what they want or think is good for their character. If you don't like it you can go. But many people in this buisness does it because of the money... can't blame them for that.

2. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

~blink~ I was present at Eddie's chat, and he was very tactful. Is anything other than ringing endorsement of your druthers a slight now? :rolleyes:

3. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

^ i don't mean that he wasn't tactful. I just could immediately feel that he wouldn't want to have such a storyline but I believe that it hasn't been Carmine's choice to play what he did in last season...

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

:confused:
    I'm not sure what the discussion about the actors being tactful is about. If it's because of what I posted, then I think I've been misinterpreted. I meant that I tried to be tactful when I mentioned in my submission that some fans don't like D/L.

If it's not because of what I posted, well then, nevermind. :)

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yep, misinterpretation. Don'tcha just love online communication sometimes? :p

Having said that, I was there at Eddie Cahill's chat too, and for the record, he was definitely very tactful about, uhm, it. Of course, that looooong pause before he answered did make us wonder whether he'd given his PR agent a call first. :lol:

And maybe going OT here but, Carmine does still answer emails then? The board's poor email thread has been dead for ages.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Poor Carmine. I remember how fired up he used to be talking about Danny's interactions with Mac and playing his scenes with Gary. I'd love to know his real thoughts on the Dindsay romance as well--he always manages to avoid giving his opinion of it in quotes like this. I think last year, when he said he wished the romance was with Jane Parsons, he was more hopeful about the outcome. Like Messers_cupcake said, in L.A. pretty faces--even ones with talent--are a dime a dozen so you either take what you're given...or end up falling down an elevator shaft (a la Joey on Friends who dared to take too much credit for his charismatic character on the soap opera he was on :lol: ;) ).

7. stand_behide_h

stand_behide_h Hit and Run

good news for VCD.Waiting for them cuz may be i pass any good views.Do Danny/Linsay develope thier relation in next season?

8. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I don't think anyone has received an email from him in some time. Heck, I don't think we even got a response to the fan project that I'm aware!

9. shaofu

shaofu Hit and Run

Maybe Carmine will answer emails during the hiatus like he did last year.

10. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i am really wondering what they have in store for the characters next season...it was such a good finale..i hope they keep it just as good

11. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

No chance of an interview with him, then Top? BTW, here's my nightmare scenario for Season 4. The general agreement seems to be at least from some posters that romance and CSI shows don't mix and Eddie was asked this in his last on-line chat a month or so ago. The cases should take priority not love lives, although a little character development would maybe inevitably include featuring a life outside the lab. Anyways, with that in mind, the show has tried to carry two relationships this season, the vomit-inducing Dinsey :( and Mac and Peyton. What better way of ending one relationship than by shipping the English character in that relationship back home, hence Peyton asking Mac to go to London with her? :rolleyes: I'm not usually a betting person but my money would be on only Mac coming back from London next season. If Peyton had suggested Mac go with her to anywhere other than London I may have thought otherwise - the fact Peyton is English and she's dragging Mac to London with her just fits too nicely, if you see what I mean. :(

This would enable TPTB to run with Dinsey for next season (which seems to be the plan from what I've read of TPTB's hints at what Season 4 will bring, eg Danny being sidetracked by his "relationship" (pur-lease!)with Lindsey and Season 4 finally seeing it end (I can't remember reading if it was Zuiker or Veasey that gave us that hint.)

However they work it, my guess is that Season 4 will see Mac alone and us having to deal with the non-relationship that is Dinsey - I hope I'm wrong.

12. paigeS

paigeS Dead on Arrival

It amazes me, how some of you here proclaim to know what Carmine is thinking, or feeling. Resigned to the fact! How do you get that out of his reply to the question from TV.Guide? It seems people from both sides are reading too much into it, those that dislike D/L are reading that he seems resigned, those that do like it are reading the opposite into it. IMO it is what it is. He didn't dodge the question, he answered it the only way he could, without giving to much away. Unless he out right states his opinion either way, I think its wrong to assume what he thinks of it.

In regards to D/L. IMO TPTB had no where else they could go, the days of years of URST are gone. Fans are fickle, dragging it out for years on end, fans get fed up. To have Lindsay ready to move on with Danny, and then have Danny suddenly not ready, would seem ridiculous. So what did they do, they threw the D/L fans a bone, and created a situation (the hostage situation) where the aftermath could affect their relationship, at least for the short term. To have a outside source affect their relationship, is accepted more by fans, than if Danny suddenly has a change of heart, which IMO from what we have seen this season would make no sense, because they have certainly tried to show us its not just a physical attraction, but an emotional one as well. And lets face it the D/L shippers seem to be the majority. It doesn't seem to have caused a major split with fans like GSR, because from what I have seen, most people seem to like it. This site is the only site I have seen where there seems to be a major dislike for it. And even then, it seems like there is not that many fans against it. Its just the same people posting the same arguments over and over again. Don't get me wrong, some of you make good arguments, and valid points for your dislike, but others I feel just agree with who they think are the cool group of this forum.

IMO, TV Guide asking that question in the first place, proves to me at least, that its a storyline that invokes discussion. They obviously asked the question because thats the question most fans wanted to know the answer to, whether for or against, makes no difference. Its a talking point. The fact that people here are still talking about it over a week and a half after the episode has aired proves that. Do you think that TPTB would be stupid enough and drop the storyline, some how I don't think so. Why would you drop something that IMO seems to be the major thing that people want to discuss about the show. Of all the spoilers given by Ask Ausiello and Kirsten this season, only one or two didn't relate to D/L. It seems to be the most questions relating to the show asked of the producers are D/L related ones, same goes for the actors. Even by this site. Eddie was asked the two times he was interviewed this year, and also Hill was asked. Carmine and AZ were asked in Carmines interview with TV guide back in August, heck the question under CG's name on the cover related to D/L. Pam Veasey was also asked in the September issue, and AB was asked in the December issue. The storyline is bringing the show publicity, in the eyes of TPTB thats a good thing.

And lets be honest, TPTB are never going to please everyone, and I doubt whinging and whining about your dislike for it, is going to change their minds. Because people against something are always going to be more vocal. And I am sure TPTB are highly aware of that.

In regards to Danny's character, I found season 1 Danny highly annoying. He was the stereotypical, loud mouth, hot headed Italian cop, thats been done so many times on TV I've lost count. I think TPTB have done a good job of making him a more rounded character, more three dimensional, someone people can relate to. Most of the changes I have seen with Danny come with maturity, something you would expect to happen to a man of his age. He still has the passion and the fire of season 1, but now we only see it in appropriate situations, he has come less predictable, which IMO he had started to become in season 1, you always knew how he was going to react given certain situations and to me, he started to become boring to watch.

I think a lot of people here use Lindsay as a scape goat, because you don't like the changes, it seems in your eyes Danny never does anything wrong, its always someone else's fault never his. Danny made the decision to trade shifts with Lindsay, she never asked him to, and as for Lindsay making it all about herself, what I saw was a normal reaction. She should have been there not him, what would people here have said if she had said nothing. There can be arguments made against all the characters in the final, why did Flack, Danny and Lindsay, not seem to care about Adam, he seemed forgotten, why didn't Adam help Danny take down the hostage takers, why didn't Mac ask about Danny and Adam. And IMO having Lindsay ask Danny how he was would have came off looking ridiculous, it was pretty clear, by looking at him, and from memory Flack didn't ask him either. And to suggest that Danny blames Lindsay for what happened, is just plain silly, that would make Danny come off looking like an ass. And him saying "What are you sorry about", suggests to me the thought never even crossed his mind.

And just to throw my two cents in about Eddies remark in the chat. Wasn't the question asked of him, What are your thoughts on Danny and Lindsay. Is it possible that he didn't know what you meant, I mean thats a pretty open question, could it be possible he thought were you asking as individual characters, or as a couple. Thats why it took him so long to answer, with What do you mean. And I also didn't read anything into his answer either, basically he was stating that Flack wouldn't have been as patient, and from what I interpret of Flack's character, that answer makes perfect sense.

And in regards to AZ's Destiny Dashed comment, I posted here a while ago that people were reading to much into it, now unless Lindsay or Danny die in the season opener as a result of Danny's hostage situation, I cant see how it's possible. Because Danny being held hostage was his distraction. Also AZ gave that comment back in March, isn't that a bit soon to be giving spoilers for season 4, I mean thats six months out from the season opener, most people would have forgotten he even made that comment by then. Could it be possible that what they had planned for the finale in regards to D/L changed, its not the first time AZ has said something that hasn't come to fruition. The comment he made about Danny not being able to shake his previous life at the start of the season comes to mind, as does the one about Danny being challenged on a personal level because of Louie, unless that was in regards to Shane Casey wanting Danny to clear his brothers name, and mentioning Louie.

ETA. To the poster above, where did AZ or PV quote that D/L was over, and that it was in regards to season 4. PV hasn't made a comment about D/L since the start of the season, and AZ never mentioned anything about season 4 in his comment. As I stated above, I think you are all reading to much into AZ's comment, all is see this being is a roadblock, something that will keep them apart in the short term, maybe all season, who knows. The suggestions AZ made apart from Danny being afraid of commitment, were all outside sources, I view the hostage situation and its aftermath the same way. That is if he was implying that it was something that happens in season 4.

Being involved in this buisness and looking at it from a money making point of view, there is no way in heck, the D/L thing is over. From what I can tell it has hooked a lot of yonger viewers. I would hazard a guess the majority of the NY's viewers are under the age of 30 and women these are the very demographic the advertisers aim their ads at,and from what I can tell the very demographic that seem to have the biggest D/L shippers. Why would TPTB and CBS risk alienating them, especially when the show is up against Lost a show with a large 18/49 demographic. You see the CSI concept is entering its 8th season, viewers tastes have changed from eight years ago, there is a reason shows like Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives are hits, if CSI want to compete with shows like that they have to add more personal story lines and romance, romance hooks viewers, it can also make or break a show, and IMO dumping D/L would be the first nail in the coffin for NY, its really their only ongoing storyline, a storyline that has made the show appointment TV for some. But I can see them having bumps in the road, the whole thing is, they want viewers to root for them, now if they were together and happy and had no problems, viewers would get bored with it, just as they would get board with 5 years of URST. So unless one of the actors want out, I see it continuing. And I know a lot of you were hoping AB wanted off the show, IMO if that were the case, they would have killed Lindsay off in the season finale, they had the perfect opportunity do so.

IMO TPTB had the chance to dump D/L at the end of season 2, there was nothing that suggested any more than friendship, apart from Sids comment. But they chose to turn it into something deeper, that to me suggests the feed back they were getting from their focus groups and the network was positive. Honestly if you think they rely on forums like this alone, you are mistaken.

13. terris3sons

terris3sons Victim

This is no spoiler I'd just like to ask a question please...what's the name of the episode where Stella kills her abusive boyfriend? Thanx

14. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

The episode with Stella and Frankie is called All Access!!

15. JenP

JenP Police Officer

Bang! You said it right! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.