Grissom & Sara # 28: To heart's and eyes' delight

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

Re: Grissom & Sara #28: To heart's and eyes' delight

Ahhh! I'm so excited I could pee! :lol:

I seriously squeed so loud!

And Jorja... :eek: That look! I would SERIOUSLY like... :devil:. Bad thoughts. :lol:

Okay....I have to share my dream, nightmare really. Natalie liked, killed me and made a miniature of my crime scene. And her head started to spin. I TOLD you she reminded me of the girl from The Exorcist! :lol: And then the doll...::shudders:: It started singing that song, and I woke up in a cold sweat and said "What. The. HELL..." Scared the jeebus outta me. :lol: I know, I've lost it.

::SQUEE!:: Primum Non Nocere is on!

"Since when are you interested in beauty?"
    "Since I met you."

:D

Hurray for GSR being SUPA canon!

Lata.

2. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

I am new here but these are my thoughts. I have said it before but I do not believe that William Petersen be happy if Jorja's contract was not renewed and she was killed off. They seem to be a happy cast, they would fight for anyone of them that was fired. I think it is a nasty rumor, reading The New YorK Post article, I saw it as a blatant attack on Jorja's character, it called her gap-toothed, it is a right wing Murdoch owned paper and Jorja is very vocal in her loathing of Bush and politics.

I struggle to see why people are so anti-shipper in this because the Sara and Grissom relationship has always been there,it is a fact of the CSI story. It has been played beautifully with none of that coy Mulder and Scully stuff. But in a way that sees they are two adults in love, so obviously they are having sex, it is not nesseccary to see them kiss to know that.
    WP says she was his love interest in the beginning, he wants the relationship to develop and to leave with Jorja, firing Jorja would ruin the series because Billy would most likely quit.

My feelings are that they had an illict fling,in the past but they feel for each other but moved on, stayed friends.
    When Sara was still new, she was quite blatantly flirting,
    talking about sex,she was his friend,the one he trusted.
    All the way through Gris is the only one that sees her cry, even when they are a long way from being together.
    I love that early scene, with the domestic case and the pig, she sits with him and puts a blanket around him. It is so intimate and the look they share is knowing, nobody else would have done that for him but Sara.

In the first two seasons, I think Sara was patient, she was waiting to settle in,she was re-establishing their friendship and waiting for him to make a move maybe. Also she is getting to know him in a different context and she will be seeing more of the flaws in his character too.
    In seasons three to five, I see her getting impatient with waiting, she is getting battered down by the horror of the cases, she sees him getting further and further dettached.She tries to make a move on him, spelling it out for him.
    She tries to date, to make friends but hurt is always there.
    I think Grissom wants her too and it shows but he can't do it. He cares so deeply he pushes her anyway. Afraid for his job, of taking that chance or feeling the pain should he lose her. I think that was what Butterflied showed him.
    But Sara feel apart until she broke down in Nesting Dolls, that is when they seemed to heal their relationship. He was defending her, he risks exposing his feelings to Erlick and Catherine. Just as Sara defended Gris to Erlick.
    Maybe Gris and Sara talked things through,became friends once more.
    There is not one else that she would have opened up to and no one else would have asked her too. It was clear to that she was angry with him too. He could no longer ignore that, in her apartment faced with losing her, if she is fired.
    The next turning point seems to be Committed, Grissom looks terrified when he sees Sara held captive and he knew she need him as he watched her flee to the window and that if anything happened to her, he would be distroyed whether he was with her or not, so he should go for it.

I love the way it was revealed slowly and it amuses me that some would trying and deny that they are having sex, even when they are on his bed, she in a robe. The looks got more intense, Sara was growing more secure with him. Those secret little winks and Sara's way of kissing him across a room with a movement of her lips. Like she did in the beginnings maybe playing on her ex-lover status with him,letting him know the passion is still there.
    She was hurt that he left but the I'll Miss You seemed to help, she had to trust him. The gift was beautiful and seemed to work because when he returned her face was glowing with happiness, he was going to be welcomed home that night.
    No trace of anger either, no recriminations, just eagerness to be with him.
    The letter was beautiful and I see that while she read it he was in a sweatshirt and jeans but later he was in a robe and pj bottoms, they made love no kiss is needed the information is there.
    I have seen alot of venom towards Grissom about Lady Heather but I think his mistake was not telling Sara what he was doing. Poor Sara had to listen to Catherine gossip about him, speculate about his sexual prowess and Sara had to be so controlled. Apart of her might have wanted to slap Catherine but the fact that she asked Catherine what LH was like, says that maybe Gris had talked about her to Sara.
    Catherine is also trying to show off her closeness with Grissom, showing how well she knows him. Catherine seems to like to feel she is the sexy one, the one can have any man and could have Gris too. There was something snakey about Catherine in that conversation. Like in his office, she seems to think she knows him but has no idea.
    Sara was very sweet to Lady Heather as she always is to victims of sexual violance. But Grissom is the one looking guilty. He did that thing that men do, feels guilty, thinks he is going to get into trouble if he tells his girlfriend were he is going to be, so he doesn't tell her.
    It isn't just a Grissom thing,believe me it is a man thing. Like when they go out drinking and don't ring so you have worry about them. The result was that Sara had to yet again listen to gossip and innuendo, before Grissom told her what was going on. I think she trusts him enough to know he loves her and would not cheat on her but it hurts her, because he doesn't yet realise that she trusts him. I know that there was crap in the TV press about him straying and Sara dying but it isn't true to Grissom and Sara or Bill and Jorja.
    I think that although Grissom sees Natalie watching him stroke Sara's arm, it is his worst fears, this is what Butterflied was about but at the end of Empty Nest Natalie was cleaning in the background, did she see that touch then too. Was she stalking them? looking for a chance, maying sure that she was right about his feelings for Sara.

I liked the total look of surprise on Catherine and Warwick's face, when Gris calls Sara "The Only One He Ever Love". It is amazing that they are clueless about it. All those times that Catherine was flirting with him, not knowing his heart was already gone to Sara. Warrick looks less surprised more like he was seeing the pain and the power of his words. And Greg sees why he never had a chance with Sara.

I am not sure what I want to happen other than Sara to live and I think she will. Sara didn't have a car accident but was put under a car, trapped but not broken.
    I think that the potential is there for some really great work from Jorja if they give her the chance have something as strong in this story as they have given Marg in the past. It would be such a waste of Jorja's huge talent to just let her die. She is too good for that. I would like to see Gris and Sara work through things, work together and weather the storm that may come from people knowing. I would like to see Grissom have the courage to stick with Sara and really show her she is special. I don't mean in a hearts and flowers way but in a Gris and Sara way. If she died after the long struggle the Griss had had, he would be destroyed and broken, the show would lose all credibility if he could move on. Another reason why Bill Petersen would fight against Jorja's contract not being renewed because it is his credibility too, that is on the line.

3. butterflied08

butterflied08 Rookie

could someone post the link to the early show interview? that would be great, thanks

4. mee1st

mee1st Hit and Run

hi, it should be on youtube, here -
    sorry if it isnt the right link, but search for csi early show, then you get lots of hits

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WELCOME lucyj0720 glad your here, and quite an insight, we've all been giving our ideas..theories.. opinions and views on them forever ;) why some can't or won't see what is so 'obvious' is sometimes alarming, & distrubing, but we can, so that's all that matters & WP and Jorja are real life friends, an his clout and influence over her I think is strong on her not leaving.. the only one I've ever loved how much more revealing can that be? :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/ariesfire13/eh13.jpg

An I viewed the "The Early Show" video on~ below~ their all magnificent!

http://www.grissomsararomance.com/

*Picture edited to a link as it was stretching the screen*

6. HarmonyMe

HarmonyMe Hit and Run

Thanks for the link. :) I'd kind of briefly skimmed around youtube looking for it but hadn't had any luck.

7. seattlecsifan

seattlecsifan Hit and Run

I think the reason the rest of the team are clueless about Sara & Grissom being together is because they've all known for years that Sara & Grissom were in love with each other. Sara & Grissom had never done anything about it, & nobody noticed when they did.

8. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Weee. I have no idea if we get it in Canada, we used too.. Well where I live, but I can't seem to find them anywhere anymore.. Hopefully though!! I'd love to get a TV Guide with GSR on it :lol:

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I'm in Team Stupidly Optimistic. Who's with me?!

lol.

If they end GSR without a kiss... that's just not right. And this is what I'm basing my whole stack of cards on. lol.

10. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I'm not even going to consider Sara's death because I am convinced that it will not happen.

I guess the point of having the cliffhanger was so that people will tune in for season 8, which could well be the show's last season and if so, it needs to be big and go out with a bang right? (In a good way that is, no Sara deaths) Killing Sara will only lose viewers and I don't see what the point of that would be. At least if it ends happy we can write fluffy fanfiction forever. Wow...alliteration. Ahem. Sorry, just done my english literature exam.

Anyway, my point? Sara lives! Go Team Stupidly Optimistic!

Oh and I'm going to Malta today so I'll be back next week to further celebrate the tv-show-couple God that is GSR.

Bye everyone!

11. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Sarah! Weeks we haven't heard from you - and you come back with this? ;)

Go Team Stupidly Optimistic! Yay for new badly named teams!

Or we could call ourselves the "If Sara dies we're storming CBS" team! Yay for a group of cankerous fangirls!

And I agree with you (see my first post-show post...lol) the lack of kissage is the only thing that's keeping me sane. That's so weird.

How about the "Yay! He didn't kiss her goodbye" team.

*snorts*

I better go, gonna be late for work. Again. Eh.

That is all.

12. rszski67

rszski67 Victim

Call me an optimist, but I think it is a done deal that JF is back.

1. She did the Early Show. IF she was walking, she would have avoided doing this and CBS would not exactly be jumping up and down to have her on.
    2. SS abduction...it wasn't really shown. Normally we get the details on how it happens and there was nothing. I think that the first show of S8 will explain what happened. It was just too open for my taste.
    3. the TV guide cover. With all of the other "cliffhangers" out there, why have CSI as the biggest? :confused:

Just my two pesos...

RSZski

13. seattlecsifan

seattlecsifan Hit and Run

Hey, I read somewhere recently about the cast doing an appearance at a Chigago science museum. Anybody know any details? When? Who? Pictures? Jorga?

14. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

It also makes no sense that Jorja would be that demanding about money, either. I can understand maybe she would want bigger scenes and some of the kind of work that we see from Marg, but if she cared about money, she could have made millions as model, she has the beauty. I really do think she has got caught up in the nasty rumour mill of the right wing media. Jorja has an independent production company, which can bring in that much so does it for the art and creativity and maybe to fill a neglected gap in the arts.

As for the GSR, I am not one for love that isn't there or into any old shippy stuff on TV. I loved The West Wing but Josh and Donna didn't influence that, I loved CJ most and loved her ending with Danny because that first kiss was one of the sexiest things I have ever seen on TV.
    I love Mulder and Scully but that was because it was there and I love the stuff that you can read between the lines.
    I found it disturbing that people didn't get that if she and Mulder had not been sleeping together and she was suddenly pregnant,she would not have been happy. She would be a woman who had been violated it terrible way. I remember how nasty people got about the M&S ship.

However with GSR, Sara was in love with Grissom, look at that smile in the first scene. You don't talk about The Mile High Club with a man that was only your teacher. Or with a man that you have just returned to as a friend. Sara adores him for the start and she is the one that understands his quotes. It seems to be a code between them.

When he pins her up to that blood stained sheet, she looks like she has been that way with him before and it hurts her, yet she is so turned on that she rushes into a babbling speech. It can understand people not seeing that.

If people can ignore that horror he suffered in "Butterflied", the silent communication, the ways that they seem to know each other and Sara will only really confide in him.
    His panic as she tries to make a move, not because he doesn't want her but because he knows if he went to dinner, he would never be able to leave her and he isn't ready.
    He somehow crushed her, her self esteem crashed and he was the only one that could fix that. Yet he never left her, he was there when she was caught on that DUI, not cross but understanding maybe that something was deeply hurting her..that he had hurt her, maybe needing to show her, he was still there.
    Maybe somewhere it was a cry for help, she seemed happy when he said he was worried about her. She was attention seeking, wanting a promotion, wanting Grissom to side with her against Catherine. Grissom could do nothing right because Sara was in a rage of self-destruction.And she keeps getting it wrong too. In" Viva Las Vegas" she is heartbreaking, talking to Grissom but not, she was talking to the mirror. The counselling was churning her up and Grissom unapproachable. Catherine was needling her, using Sara's emotional state to advance herself and to show her that she can call the shots with Grissom's backing.
    But it was ultimatly Catherine drove Gris and Sara to get together again re-new their friendship and talk to each other. And Catherine learnt that Sara and Gris will protect each other.
    I don't dislike Catherine, she is a great character, I find her fascinating too but she can be condesending to Sara, she is basically an Alpha Female.
    After that Sara's smile was back, her confidence in Grissom returned, she started to glow and be more blatant with him once more.

Yes he went with others like Lady Heather and maybe Catherine but he said to Sara that "sex without love is pointless, it makes you sad." assured Sara "you make me happy". Which is telling her he loves her and whatever had happened with others was empty because it wasn't her.
    I know people don't like Sara, maybe because they don't like Jorja's opinions. I think that problem is that Sara is the epitome of a Generation X'er, in her attitude, her screwed up ways and in the way, that Catherine can not understand her. They are opposites, Catherine can have any man, she uses her looks, her past job, her clothes are designer, she is more obviously feminine in a mans world. Sara is a tomboy but she is still feminine too,in her beauty, they way she does her hair, she lives in jeans and t-shirts but they suit her, she also wears necklaces and a very beautiful robe in Gris's bedroom, she is all woman to him. She is in a world where she doesn't have to marry and she only cares about Grissom's opinion. Why would she go for Nick or Greg, when she needs areal grown man? It she maybe flattery by the looks and flirting but they would seem like boys to her.
    I think people don't get it that tomboyish women are sexy to thinking men.
    I have been in a relationship with an older man, which is another reason why I like GSR because it isn't a seedy relationship, she isn't some kind of arm candy that older men can go for. I know that from my own experience that being a woman that will watch sports on TV with my man, liking cars, planes and boats, can be a turn on. Being someone that isn't into shoes and shopping, tells a man that your not shallow. I don't wear heels, wear little make up and I am mostly a smart casual dresser, I don't walk like a lady either, with hips moving.

They played it between the lines, until they made it obvious and if them together on his bed, her is a robe doesn't say they are lovers nothing will.

15. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

What a day I tell you! People can be so crazy at a grocery store!

I was wearing my CSI sweater(like I always do) and everyone comments on it that comes into the store.

Well, this lady came in this morning and practically RUINED my day.

Homegirl says "Oh CSI! I love that show!" and I was like "Yeah it's the BEST show on television..." Then she asked "So what do you think is going to happen to Sara?" "And I responded "Well, I want her to live..." Then she cut me off and asked me "What do you think about her and Grissom?" My eyes lit up and before I could answer she said "I don't like them together.." My mouth just dropped. I swear if I didn't work there I'd of hit her in the face with a cucumber that she bought. :lol: Then she carried on and was like "They work together." And I said "Well, they compliment eachother well and their both intelligent people.." Well, she TOTALLY ignored what I said. You know what she said after that "How about that FORENSIC ANTHROPOLOGIST? Do you remember her?" It took everything in me NOT to chuck that cucumber at her head. :mad: I simply smiled and said "Terri? No. She's too weak. Plus, she's married." Then I gave her her reciept and she was on her way. Dumb jerk. :mad: GAAHH! I hate anti's! :mad:

Anyway...yeah...that was my day at PUBLIX...and my FABULOUS customers. :rolleyes:

That was 3 lines of GSR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.