Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, Dec 13, 2006.

1. jeanmacgreen

jeanmacgreen Rookie

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

Amen to you both! I've felt that the 'relationship' aspect of GSR has been fairly calm and subtle. The most obvious scenes were when we first saw them together at the end of 'Way To Go' and the latest episode that showed them relaxing and watching a 'Godzilla' movie of all things! A plus was also seeing Billy's puppy Bruno the Boxer sitting on the end of the bed. So cute! :lol:
    Again as far as GSR goes, I enjoy it from the perspective that Grissom and Sara seems to have had some type of an
    on again/off again involvement since their first meeting at a seminar Grissom gave back in the day. Even now if you watch the first season, you'll see a fair amount of flirtatious behavior between the two of them and it's definitely not as cautious as their current behavior is. Plus I can 'cite my sources' and name the episodes where I'm pretty sure it was more than forensic science being examined. :devil:
    As to Jorja Fox's contract, Studios, both film and TV have done this 'trash the star' routine in the tabloids for years to 'keep the help in line' making certain that the money goes straight into the pockets of the producers and network executives. Any other kind of business would be hauled into court for harassment charges trying to get away with this type of behavior towards any employee. All that is going on here is a yearly salary review like any other large company does with their employees, Ms. Fox is not being unreasonable for requesting a yearly salary raise, problem here is how she'll be perceived by her fans and others in the business by being painted as 'difficult to work with' when she's doing exactly what any other actor at contract time would do. Last point and I'm done, many people seem to think that actors in films or TV have extravagant lifestyles where money is no object and that they have no 'normal' bills to pay plus the kinds of bills most of us don't think about like, agent's fees, publicity manager’s, union dues, ect, ect. So, much of what an actor makes is often spent well before they see a check; much like many of us, they may make more money but it still gets spent on the stuff of everyday life too. Just my rant against the producer/network idiots in charge, gang. Sorry for running at the mouth. :D

2. f_f_O

f_f_O Prime Suspect

jeanmacgreen is very right about dues, bills, etc.

Any word on who is definatly coming back and who is not?

I like both WP and JF, and I don't want to see either of them them forced off of the show. I know they may have other pursuits, but it would be great if they could at least be some episodes.

I really, really don't want them to kill JF's Sara off. It would be the wrong decision for the show. I'm starting to think all this talk about contract conflicts may in fact be a publicity stunt by the studio, the company, or just by gossips. Reshoots aren't uncommon, and it seems like a lot of Hollywood gossips are trying to make them seem really rare. They aren't.

3. loki

loki Lab Technician

I just hope that Grissom's hat hasn't signed on for season 8...

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

:lol: ^ Funny! I hope so too.

5. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

Haha, i remember that episode. i don't remember the name of it, but i know it's from when they were on that airplane. that was a funny scene. :lol:

i have just a general question in response to some of the above posts: what is meant exactly by saying reshoot?? :confused:

6. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

so we dont know if Sara is back next season or not?

I wouldn't miss her, I would miss Catherine & Warrick far more.

I assume Grissmon & the rest will be back next year, CBS really dropped the ball without Grissmon this season, they did to much, when infact they didnt have to do anything Catherine & Warrick could have held things together without a new guy coming in, they could have done a Brass episode.

7. jeanmacgreen

jeanmacgreen Rookie

A reshoot is done when some type of flaw in the film itself or something wrong shows up in the frame during the dailies when the film is viewed and examined for the purpose of what is kept in what will be edited and what scenes may need to be re-filmed.
    P.S. It was 'Unfriendly Skies', but there are other examples too. :devil:

8. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

*sniffles* but I want the hat!

9. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

does anyone have a ballpark estimate as to when we will find out if jorja fox has signed? when do those sorts of things usually get revealed?

10. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i like the hat as well...he should wear it more often

i dont know when and if they will relase the information about Jorja's contract...it would spoil the first epi of the season...

11. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

yea, that's true. i really hope she stays tho!

12. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

when they started filming the next season?

13. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i hope she stays too but i would prefer not knowing until the airing of the first epi wether she stays or not because otherwise it would poils it.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think they usually start filming Mid-July.

15. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

yea, i guess it would kinda ruin it. and the new csi season starting up will be my solace for going back to school(and school is going to be brutal next year w/ 3 APs and 2 varsity sports, so i'm hoping i'll sometime find the time to watch CSI- Thank God for comcast DVR!!) :)