Photography Competition: Lines - WINNERS UP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, May 21, 2007.

1. wibble

wibble Corpse

Here are the RULES please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. It's entirely up to you how you interpret the theme, although I would advise you not to enter something too abstract that may be considered as having little or no relation to the theme.

2. You have until 4 p.m. GMT Sunday 27th May to submit your photograph. I am afraid that I will not accept late entries from anyone.

3. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph[/b].

4. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

5. The photograph must NOT be manipulated in any way using Photoshop or any other such programme. This competition is about how good a photograph you can take, not about what you can do with an image using Photoshop, etc. That is what the Fan Art forum is for.

6. Entries must be no larger than 600x480 pixels. If they are, I will ask you to re-size it.

7. This competition (like the icon challenges in Fan Art) is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own web space, such as a Photobucket account, and pm me the link.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions.

Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner, available from me upon request via PM. Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me. :)

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Photography Competition: Lines

Interesting theme :) will have to think on this one a bit...

3. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

Interesting theme! Looking forward to it.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hmm, OK I will really have to have a think about this one.

Thanks for running these competitions wibble, it is appreciated. :)

5. MissMontana

MissMontana Hit and Run

what an interesting theme... and elsie is right: thanks wibble for these competitions! :)

6. Bev

Bev Pathologist

oooh, I've got an idea. Now, lets hope I can figure out time to do it!

7. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I have an idea, but I can't get to where I need to take the picture until Tuesday, so I won't be able to enter. :( Sorry. Thanks wibble. :)

8. wibble

wibble Corpse

As I'd like a few more entries, I will extend the deadline until 8 p.m. GMT tomorrow :)

9. Sisnik

Sisnik Victim

this sounds like a cool idea. definitely joining :) already have one that i can use

10. wibble

wibble Corpse

Voting time! :)

PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE VOTING:

1. First, and most importantly, please look at ALL of the photographs submitted before deciding on which ones get your vote. All you have to do is click on the link to each photo. This is so everyone has a fair chance of getting a vote and therefore a banner.

2. Don't vote for your own photo - why anyone would want to do such a silly thing is beyond me, but if you do, I will know and your photo will be disqualified from the competition.

3. The same thing applies if you reveal which photo is yours.

4. Don't tell your friends which photo is yours so that they'll vote for it - that is a sad and pathetic thing to do, not to mention unfair on all the other competitors.

5. I don't want to see any unnecessary negative comments about any of the photos (i.e. no bashing). There is no need for it.

6. Please only vote for 3 photos.

You should give your first vote to whichever photo you like best, your second vote to whichever photo you like second best etc. It is important that you do it like this. Whoever has the most points at the end of voting wins, with the contestant that has the second highest number of points getting second place, etc.

Good luck to all the entrants, and thank you for your photos. Fantastic work guys! :) Here they all are:

Lines 01

*no. 2 removed (see my post below)

Lines 03
    Lines 04
    Lines 05
    Lines 06
    Lines 07
    Lines 08
    Lines 09

~ Please PM me if you don't see your photo

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:cool: Wow, they are all great! It was a difficult choice. :)

eta: I've changed my last vote. I did see the writing at the top of the pic, but to be honest I didn't notice a name.

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Great pics,tough choice,btw sorry to be a pain in the ass but it'll look more anonymous if one of the photos wasn't signed by her author. ;)

13. wibble

wibble Corpse

Apologies for the slip-up there - I've removed number 2 for flouting the anonymity rule, so if Elsie could please change her last vote to a different photo? Many thanks :)

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^omg,I didn't mean you to remove it,just blur the name or something,now I'm feeling too bad for having pointed that up. :(