Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Well spoted!! If any one goes to watch it again (more than likely!!) watch Sids glasses when he goes off to get the Tea and coffee because one minuite they are on his face and when he turns around they are around his neck!!

2. sarakanne

sarakanne Dead on Arrival

I very much agree with this. On a side note -- Horatio just creeps me out so I truly prefer to never ever think of him in a relationship with anyone -- woman or man. I know that this probaby belongs over on the CSI: Miami forum, but why do people dislike David Caruso so much? For a 50 year old guy, I think he's hot looking. I wouldn't even watch CSI: Miami if it wasn't for him. And I happen to think that he does a great job with the Horatio Caine character. After all, he won an Emmy for his brief performance on NYPD Blue. Folks, there would not be a CSI: Miami without David Caruso. Same holds true for CSI: New York--no Gary Sinise, no show. Although Ann Donahue's writing could benefit from some continuing education courses in creative writing, as an Ex. Producer she has to be given some credit for the casting of these shows. David Caruso and Gary Sinise were brilliant choices.

3. tigerlily

tigerlily Civilian

Had to come out of lurkdom to say that this was by far one of the best episodes CSI NY has done. The acting, directing and writing came together for this one.

4. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

I watched the episode today and well, I think this was the best one I've ever seen! The action, the suspense, the angst and the romance - perfect! Didn't like the ending, though, could've done with a bit more about Danny and Adam, felt very sorry for them. Adam was so shaken, he needed someone to take care of him I think, would've been great if they'd shown a bit more instead of Mac and Peyton. But nevertheless an awesome episode!

5. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

Ahaha, just read this and I have to say, if the accents had been genuine you wouldn't have been able to understand any of what they said!! ;)

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

macpeyfan, good catch on Mac's cell phone! I wouldn't have noticed that!

I don't fault her for feeling guilty--anyone would have in that situation. But blathering on about it when Danny could barely stand instead of going to get him help was pretty obnoxious. Her focus should have been on him instead of her own guilt.

7. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Thank you. The usurpation of other characters' pain for angst fodder drives me crazy. Mac did it in COTP, and Lindsay in "Snow Day". It's crass and selfish and made Lindsay look like an angst whore. It's perfectly understandable to think such things, but you don't express them aloud until the other person has been cared for and is ready to deal with your Issues. It's called putting the injured party first.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Okies, re-watched the episode again. (Obsessed? Me? Why would you suggest that? :p) I noticed several things that didn't add-up.

1.) Ok, Flack said that the raid went down at ~6 in the morning. Mac told Danny that Adam had been processing alone for six hours--even if the CSIs were at the scene immediately, and Mac included the entire time Adam was there (including when the rest of the team was there as well), the earliest Danny could have talked to Mac was still after noon. And Lindsay said that she had to be at work at 9. So Danny not only took Lindsay's shift without telling Mac about it, he also got there several hours late. :rolleyes:

2.) There were way more than 3 cigarettes on the ground next to Adam's kit. Yeah, they needed enough to make sure we (and Danny) noticed them, but there were only three burn marks on Adam's right palm. Either they pushed more than one cigarette to each burn, or they burned his other hand--and maybe more? We couldn't see his arm or anything. (This is just me talking, it may have just been the three burns.)

3.) How did Mac get from the 35th(?) floor down to the lobby in the time that it took Stella, Flack and Hawkes to run back to the entrace of the building? Even if he'd taken the elevator, it would have taken more time, I would think. :confused:

9. Top41

Oooh good catches!

1. Stupid Danny. :rolleyes: If you're going to take someone else's shift, at least be on time! :lol:

2. Maybe they were just chain smokers?

3. Super Mac strikes again? He did come out of there a little too quickly. There would have been more suspense if they'd waited a bit on having him charge out.

10. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

Sooo, it was a good ep then :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what everyone's written I can't wait to get it here in Oz. You'll have to start a thread about the dvd box set when it comes out so we can find out what TPTB say over the eps.

It looks like Danny got his balls back, Hawkes got some action and poor Flack had to save his kpoo... again. It was him that saved his kpoo wasn't it?

Woo hoo can't wait.

11. Top41

^Yep, Flack saved Danny...again. :lol: Danny did his bit where he threw solution in someone's face and then Flack rode to his rescue. I did like that bit of continuity with Danny throwing test kit stuff in someone's face. Danny is fond of that move. :lol:

12. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

I've watched certain bits again, and I think that there is 1 more bleeper made as far as continuity goes (and we all know that continuity has been at the bottom of the list of 'Important Things To Do' in this series). Think back to the scene when Danny enters his apartment in 'Sleight out of Hand', you know the 1 where he is sorting though his mail, and he says something like, 'Just go with your instincts', well we got to see his front door with a hallway (bear with me on this one!)Now think back to the pool game scene in 'Snow Day' and just in the right hand corner you can see what I think is a front door (because of the locks and bolts)that leads directly into this room. Still with me? Well, if that is a front door, then it's a completely different front door to the one that was shown in 'Sleight out of Hand'. I don't know, maybe Danny has moved? But I'm sure that they showed the outside of the same building in both episodes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Also... can I add a 'bar' type fridge to the 'Unbelievable List of Things In Danny's Apartment'. The fridge is stocked to the brim with beer bottles. A little bit too far fetched - no wonder the lad's living from 'paycheck to paycheck'. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

13. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Fantastic finale. So intense. I couldn't have wished for anything more.

14. Top41

Believe it or not, that's a lot of times what you find in someone's fridge when they're living paycheck to paycheck. My mom said that when she married my dad, he had beer and TV dinners in his refrigerator. :lol: I'm definitely living paycheck to paycheck and I still managed to pick up three bottles of wine (on sale!) yesterday. So that's the one part of Danny's spiffy apartment I actually do buy. :lol:

15. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

As far as his apartment goes, I think it is possible for him to live paycheck-to-paycheck and still live there. Is it a rent-controlled place? That's possible, and the rent may be high, but he could still able to afford it. I also know people who put their life on their credit cards, including rent, and simply max them out. It's a very silly way to manage your finances, but not outside the realm of possibility. Improbable, yes, but not impossible.