Dislike An LV Character?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Joy22

Joy22 Pathologist

Re: Dislike A Character?

I don't really dislike a character. Sometimes people annoy me, like Catherine in season five and Sara in the first season. But hey, even Warrick get's on my nerves sometimes and I adore him. It's what I love about the show, somehow they manage to make these characters real human beings and nobody in real life is perfect all the time, right?
    Although Ecklie does annoy me more then all the other characters combined now that I think about it :)

2. LiquidCrystal

LiquidCrystal CSI Level Two

I think what bugs me about Sofia is that I saw Louise Lombard in Hidalgo, and she was such a trouble maker, so now I'm just typecasting the actress. I think TPTB did this on purpose; to make us dislike her because of that association even though the character isn't all THAT bad. They DO like to play with us...

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't care for Sofia-Ecklie or Hodges- all annoying- Sofia is boring and doesn't fit in- her monotone vouce and nasal twang- and she's not particulary attractive -to me-- and what's with the 60's hair-do- parted down the middle-no style-at all-- and Icky Ecklie he's eptiomy of all a------- bosses-so mean- and seems set on destroying everything Grissom has built up--and Hodges is just so nervy and annoying but he's good at his job-LOVE THE REST OF THE CAST--

4. dgemba

dgemba Witness

I tried watching CSI: Miami....Ugh! My eyes started to bleed watching Horatio (Horatio!--puleeeze! :confused: ) posturing and posing for the camera--and then there is the issue of those GD sunglasses. His one-liners don't have the punch of Gris'; they sound inane coming from HC. Also, Calleigh sounds like a 5-yr-old sucking on a helium balloon...where did they find these people? The original is by far the best. I didn't even bother with NY.

5. Hollis

Hollis CSI Level Two

^^ Hey, I'm not a fan of CSI Miami either! *high fives dgemba But this is the LV forum, not General CSI Discussion. I don't really like Sara. Her atitude sometimes makes me want to slap her. BUT! She's been growing on me. She should be happy more... that's my favorite part of CSI. When Sara's happy.

6. dgemba

dgemba Witness

Yeah, she should laugh or smile a bit more---maybe it's her lousy childhood. Gris has become awfully dour in the later seasons, too. He used to be full of boyish enthusiasm. He should smile more often--he has a devasting smile.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

it's funny how no one likes Sofia...i don't know why they signed her for another season. she's just too blah.

but i have to say i kinda like Hodges. he is so annoyingly superior on the outside, but u can tell underneath he is human, even vunerable. however when he is being horrible to Greg, all bets are off!

8. abharding

abharding Rookie

I can't say I really dislike any of the characters... even the ones we are suppose to hate like Eckile. The way I see it , if a character/actor can get me to hate him/her then that is a good - as in well written and well acted - character. The ones I have a problem with would be the ones who bore me, or who I don't real feel anything for.

That said, I had to pick two character I would not be friends with, it would be Sara. She is a person who if I knew her in real life, I most likely would not like her... she is too prickly and you can never tell how she is going to take things... But I think the writers and GF do a wonderful job showing us a complex and times troubled woman. It is easy to make to all your characters likeable... but I enjoy it more when the characters are real...

The other person I sometimes I have problem with is Catherine..I don't mind her most of the time, but I times I really want to slap her. She doesn't seem to get that not all mothers (single or married) are like her...not all of the love their children and would do anything to protect them... that some women are disturbed enough they can and do kill their kids...

However, as I said eariler, even when I don't like a particular aspect of character...or even the character as a person, if that character has a role to play in the story, moves the story forward, provides a tension that would not otherwise be there, then that is a good character to me, and I would not want him/her gone from the story. And Ecklie and Sofia provide fill those roles, so to me they are good characters... even if I working at the LV Crime Lab I would be thrilled if the brown-nosing Ecklie were fired or transfered somewhere where I would never have to deal with him.

The worst sort of character to me is one where you could lift him/her from the story and it wouldn't matter in the least... That is a bad (as in poorly written) character to me

9. Desertwind

Re: Dislike A Character

GOOD ONE kazzy- I totally agree couldn't have said it better- my words excatly-- ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. Desertwind

dgemba= :lol: :lol: :lol: too funny- I can't friggin stand David Caruso- either- ''he makes my eyes bleed-'' good one- he's just awful-- I agree with everyhting you said-- :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*Walks in and reminds people* "this is the "LV" forum not the "Miami" Forum or the others, this is strictly for "LV" only. Thank you." ;)

12. dgemba

dgemba Witness

Sorry, we were just showing how superior CSI LV is...

13. cathwarfan

cathwarfan Lab Technician

I really dislike tina!

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

:lol: Well it will always be know for being the "orginial", thing is as long as its in the LV forum, it would be automatically superior. Just as the others would be in their own forums, for an over all (all three shows) discussion that is in "General Discussion" to debate things like which show, character, ect, is superior overall.

No harm no foul just letting you all know.
    and moving on now ;) and lets keep the main reason for this thread, if you're unsure please check either above (i quoted) or the first post on page 1, for why this thread is here, and what this thread is looking for. :) Thanks.

15. snickerbug

snickerbug Hit and Run

Re: Dislike A Character

Well, let's hope you dislike criminals. If you liked them, then there'd be some issues. :lol: I can't stand Ecklie. I just want to strangle him. I don't particularly care for Sophia, but I can tolerate her.