Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

They wouldn't be the first show to end the series on a cliffhanger. Remember Pretender and Angel? Angel had to be the worst cliffhanger ending ever. But I will admit, considering the cliffhanger that CSI ended on, there was no way they weren't coming back for another season.

2. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Yeah , I was thinking at that too ; hopefully we'll have a pretty season 8 !

3. Peoplecreepmeout

Peoplecreepmeout Civilian

I would definately like a Season eight with more flare. Sure I adored the miniature murders because it was elaborate but I hated how it just dragged on and on. I also hope that Sara/Jorja is not killed off....sure I'm a supporter of hers and I adore her and I believe that the show would be a bit more boring without her. However the show isn't boring in the first place.

4. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

hey, i have a question. i heard that billy petersen (grissom) isn't gonna be on CSI ALOT next year. like, i heard maybe half the episodes. is that true? i dont know if you guys would know but... yeah. just a question.

5. Bev

Bev Pathologist

That wouldn't surprise me, since he was gone for four episodes this season.

I think Billy likes to do other stuff and doesn't want to be totally tied down.

6. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I heard he wanted to take more time off for theater...if so sorry for all the Grissom fans...but that rocks! That means more screen time for the others which hopefully means less screen time for GSR. THAT ROCKS! I'm stoked...and maybe we will see more of Nicky, Catherine, Greg, and Warrick!!!!!

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

well...I'd say, go for it W.P!! He does deserve the opportunity to persue his theatrical career again. By this, then like WAITING saod, it may open up more time for the others...*claps*

don't get me wrong, I love Billy P., and his portrayal of Grissom, but he does deserve the time if he wants it

8. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I Billy/Grissom, but I agree, GSR is getting way too much screen time, which isn't fair to the other characters.

So is everyone coming back? or who's still debating their contract? besides JF?

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I am thinking since we have only heard about Jorga, the others must be coming back.

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Who DEFINATELY signed?

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

IMHO the cliffhanger and Sara's life in the balance is nothing more that a publicity stunt to save their ratings (didn't work) Sara will live and we'll have to put up with more GSR crap next season.

12. jmmant

jmmant Civilian

i agree with everyone saying that the whole JF negotiating thing is just a publicity stunt by CBS to get ratings and that she already signed on to return.. hopefully! Im not really sure why everyone is saying that GSR has too much air time.. their interactions are pretty much limited to one or 2 quick scenes an episode, unlike alot of other shows that spend the whole time on romances. i think that the GSR is handled well, imo

13. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

i definitely agree with everything jmmant. I think it's a publicity stunt too. they can't get rid of sara- the ratings would drop tremendously (just look at what happened to the OC after they killed off Mischa Barton's character).

I also agree what you said about GSR. We watch the show not only to see the the cases, but to see character development as well. I think that GSR was shown a good amount of time, just enough to please those in favor, but it shouldn't have been enough to annoy those against it. (But i'm still pulling for a cath relationship, not necessarily with grissom, just with someone, maybe warrick. or even nicky!)

14. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I want Marg to come back too but I don't have to worry about that :D

Just hope she brings her readingglasses :)

15. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

i agree!! i love Grissom, dont get me wrong. but ever since GSR got together and stuff, Grissom has gotten ALOT of screen time. in the last few episodes sara hasn't even been on the much and she's the second part of GSR!

no offence to anyone, but i really dont like GSR and that's the number one reason why i want grissom/billy to (not to be mean but) leave. i really want so more screen time and partner variation in CSI. it's usually Sara and Grissom working together, Nick, warrick and catherine and then we hardly see greg. i thought the team got back together at the end of season 5? let's just hope it's better next year and we don't have to endure anymore GSR moments