Gary #3 Mr. Sinister.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by feenx, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

Re: Gary # 3 Mr. Sinister.

okay so Mac is going to London... does that mean that Gary won't be at the beginning of season 4?? I hope they won't make something like this year in CSI. That's stupid. Btw. I like him as the boss, of course there are moments when tptb makes Garys character too prefect but the last few episodes wasn't bad. I just hope that Gary isn't already bored with playing in a show for so long. The other thing is even if they want to focuse on the younger cast members they still have to make someone the boss... okay that could be Stella but without Gary/Mac it wouldn't be the same... :eek:

2. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

omg! Less Gary/Macky time? O_O that's just plain unfair T_T for fans anyway :p yeah i heard that tptb are after the Danny, FLack, Adam, Hawkes fans now. -_- *sigh*

so does that really mean not that much Macky time? *sniff*

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I personally hope he's in the season opener or at least in the middle. Cause you know we're going to have to see him in it, he's the boss!

4. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

Considering how the other seasons have opened (continuity, what is that??) Mac will probably be back from his little foray to London. Hopefully he'll leave 125 lbs of needy luggage in London to stay *crosses fingers*. Yeah, I DO hate Peyton, how did you guess [​IMG]

ETA: Hmm, I suppose this more belongs in the Mac thread. Maybe I should mention how HOT Gary looked in the finale?

5. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Oh, Gary will be in the season 4 opener, after all, Mac is only going to London with Peyton for 10 days, and I'm assuming the S4 opener will be in "real time", meaning 3.5 months after the finale occured... (3.5 months! :eek: Yikes, that sounds waaaaaaay too long!)

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I wouldn't worry about less Mac.

I think it might be mistaken to take the writers' desire to make the show younger/more current etc is the audience demographics they're trying to up in their ratings, and the subject matter/story lines they think will do that. The main cast of characters will continue to play as they are in that kind of context.

The show was initally slated by Zuiker for a six-season run, depending on it's success, and things look good so far. As far as has been disclosed, Gary's in for six.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Really? 6 seasons? That's been stated before? I didn't know that--interesting!

8. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I've read Zuiker and the other producers saying that (6 years)in several articles, and I think they mention that in the season one DVD extras. I don't know how to post a link here, but check out some Gary fan-sites for links to articles for CSINY.

The length of the planned run was one reason Gary was apparently so careful about signing on to do the show; there had to be somewhere for the characters and show to go; other reasons he's said to take it are for more predictable family time, steady work, with time available in the off-season to devote to his USO tours, charity organizations, and occassional film roles.

*Elyse's CSI site, NY page, archives, will have lots of quotes regarding the development and early days of the show.
    http://members.aol.com/JRD203/csi.htm

Here's one early article from EW.com, under Televsion tab, called spin off and the city.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,637826,00.html

Hope the links work.

:p

9. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Yep 6 years was what I first read in the UK when they mentioned that Gary had signed. And as far as I know Gary hasn't changed his contract. Hey I would be more than happy with 3 more years of Snow Day Mac.....

10. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

^ heheheh I agree with you :)

I hope that he will stay as long as possible in the show. I love him as Mac even if he seems to be sometimes too perfect... but i has been changed a bit recently ;)

11. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

six seasons? :D now thats how i like it!

perfect or not, we wub him anyway :p

12. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Oooooooooooh yeah baby, we wub him lots! :D

13. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I came across some archived articles and saw this fun quote from 2006:

"Aug 10 2006 - Another press tour tidbit from PalmBeachPost... The Summer TV Press Tour: My Night At The Rose Bowl... I'm one of the first TV critics to arrive. I planned it that way. I wanted to check out the joint. Soak up the atmosphere before it got crazy crowded and ridiculously loud. I look to my left and there's CSI: NY's Gary Sinise gently tossing a few tight spirals. I'm impressed and silently wonder if he'd ever consider switching careers and suiting up for my New York Jets."

Hmmmm, wouldn't it be nice to see Gary on the grid-iron? :devil: :D

14. sydneycsi

sydneycsi Dead on Arrival

Now that we have that info I feel so much better THANKS!

CSINY wouldn't be the same without Mac, so just knowing he is going to be there for 6 years is great!
    Hopefully NY will be around for many many years after that.

15. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Just some Gary news.

Gary will be on Larry King show on the Memorial Day weekend. Also he is in the Memorial Day Parade again this year.

Its times like this I wish I lived in the US..*sigh*

P.S. Blows the dust off the thread....where the hell is everyone.. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.