Gil <3 Cath #27: PureJoy--He Enjoys Her Slaps

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Drumchik, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathiconti

nathiconti Victim

No problem...Everybody call me Nathi... :D

I know, but in my case that is because school.I never have time!

But when I have time I like to make some arts in the Photoshop. I have some arts PureJoy… I can to put links here?

2. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Sure you can Nathi. Although if you have a large batch of icons, it should be posted in the Fan Arts Forum I think.

Yes he did say that. :) The video is on the ET Online Website.. its probably on youtube already.

I was watching TGTBATD again and the "slap" scene in TGTBATD reminded me of an early season episode too, and I also can't put my finger on which episode is it. :lol: Something like Catherine was upset at Grissom too, and then she calmed down just because he is being his cute self :lol: , I only remember that Catherine's hair was bushy back then! lol.
    Anyway the writer of TGTBATD Jacqueline Hoyt (she also wrote Burn Out,Spellbound) is totally my hero. It is evident that she researches stuff and tries to refer to the past episodes of CSI.

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think that the latest GC icons are awesome. We've had some really great scenes to choose from.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to think about Catherine's reaction to Grissom's announcement. I would imagine that once she realised what he said (the words he used) she would be really hurt. Particularly after everything they've been through together.

That being said, I've already spoken to Erica about a post-ep for the finale, which I'll be working on.

I'm really pleased that a few of the writers (certainly not all) are referring back to past episodes, and I think we really saw that in our GC scenes with Living Doll and TGtBatD. We're moving back to the relationship that was, which makes me think that something HAD to have happened behind the scenes with G and C, because their relationship was SO bad during this season and for it all of a sudden to go back to this...something must have happened.

4. nathiconti

nathiconti Victim

Now I will only put the last one that I made.
    Last Art By Me

5. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Nathi (decided to follow Erica's example), I looove your artwork! You're so good at it. :p I wish I could make stuff like that. :lol:

I think CSI should be two hours at a time, don't you? An hour for the cases, the other hour for Character!Drama. :lol: I'll so take that.

6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Wow. Just the title of this thread makes me want to take a joyride on the Gutter Autobahn from New York to Las Vegas. :devil:

7. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

I recently followed a link to some dailies on WPAP (can't remember which but it was when Gil still have a beard and actually had cases with Catherine :rolleyes: ). Anyhow, what struck me watching the dailies - besides the mind-numbing number of times they had to repeat the scene - was the director giving very specific directions to Billy and Marg. Basically he told Billy to turn to look at Marg in a specific way, and for Marg to look back at him, meeting his gaze and then averting her eyes, turning them towards the floor. I doubt those instruction were in the script or the directions would not have needed to be so specific.

So, regarding this scene - sharing glasses, Gil leaning towards Catherine, Gil putting his arm around Catherine on the back of her chair, I suspect the director had something to do with it. Perhaps someone somewhere is listening to fans bemoaning the loss of that connection between the leads that made CSI so enjoyable in the earlier seasons.

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think someone mentioned that the glasses thing was something Billy and Marg just put in (maybe neither had their contacts in that day), but I am intrigued by the fact that the director was the one that added little things in the dailies you watched, ren.

I wonder who the director was, and if specific directors are pro-GC.

Or maybe Ann Donahue taught them ;)

9. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

Anne, I found the dailies I was refering to. Go to WPAP and watch those for Bloodlines. Somewhere towards the end, a little after the 5th minute (05:09 or thereabouts) you'll hear the director giving them instructions.

Maybe in Living Doll, the passing of the glasses is something Billy and Marg would naturally do and the director liked how it looked and kept it. I'm quite certain that if the sense of ease and comfort this little scene conveyed ran counter to the how this relationship was to be portrayed to us, they would have been told not to do so and the scene would have been re-shot.

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

That was a fantastic piece of art, Nathi. I love it. :)

lol ren, ever the pessimist? ;) I agree with you, though. Part of me thinks they'd abandon the scene if it was how this relationship was to be shown to us because it was against the direction TPTB have tried to go the entire season, but another part of me keeps hoping that they might want to make a change. Who knows? I guess the bottom line is we're lucky they included it in the episode after all.

11. ren28

ren28 Pathologist

:lol: Erica, I guess I'm such a horrible pessimist that even when I'm feeling a liitle optimistic, it comes out all dark and gloomy! [​IMG]

No, actually, Anne mentioned above that in the last couple of episodes, T_TB seems to have shifted the GC relationship back to what it used to be. I meant to agree.

If the actions were not scripted, they had to have been either directed, or at the very least, accepted by T_TB. They do so very many takes of a scene and choose to keep only the one that they consider perfect.

So having Gil and Catherine (as opposed to Marg and Billy) share glasses must have been exactly what T_TB wanted us to see. The same goes for Gil slipping his arm around Catherine. That's all good for us. :D

12. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I can see where you're coming from actually, yeah that does look kinda similar.

Oh lord, Gravy you have the hottest avi/banner. Hating you slowly... :p *huggles* What software you use out of curiosity? I tend to use Illustrator mostly, sometimes Photoshop too.

What an idea!

I definatly think someone, somewhere is taking note. I definatly agree, the last couple of episodes we seem to be going back to old GC which makes me look forward to S8. Hopefully we'll be heading back towards S1. Well, we can hope right?

13. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Gravey and nathi, I love your artwork! Yep, PNG rocks.

I'm in such a gc mood right now because I've been watching the Marg/Billy kiss over and over. I'm glad that Marg mentioned the possibility of Catherine/Grissom hookup. :D Lately the actors have been openly talking about other ships (GE on snickers, Marg on purejoy)... maybe they are finally aware that most of the fans would prefer other pairings other than the current one.
    I agree. I think they are aware of massive support on GC and would like to appease them (us) to some extent. :D Hopefully, they'd keep doing that in S8.

14. rebec

rebec Police Officer

Omg, love the glasses scene you guys have been discussing. The old married couplish feel is radiating off the screencaps. I have to go get that clip.

Erica , thanks for that article, loved it! I was lmao when I read it, especially the part about who mows the lawn in a gil/doc relationship and seeing more chemistry in that than the canon ship :lol:

Hi nathi ! Welcome aboard. That was a great piece of art that you've posted :)

15. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Get over to BTA, someones uploaded it there :D It's a great scene, which is now on my iPod. Is it just me or does the 'sawdust' song really make anyone else laugh?! I wet myself laughin everytime I watch it. It just cracks me up.

Something tells me they will do. People who aren't even GCR got annoyed at the lack of GC interaction in S7, now if that doesn't scream 'give us our relationship back' what does?!

I think in the S8 premiere that if it starts off from where we left it, that maybe Cath will walk after him for an explanation. I'm still hoping that Nicks gonna judo chop him and Cath's gonna rant while he's getting his ass handed to him! LOL.

ETA I had yet another GCR dream last night. Cath & Gris were on this plane which was set out like a house (wierd I know...) with this killer who they'd caught and the other CSIs were there aswel. Anyway, GCR where together as in relationship together and kept havin little touches here and there. With hands and arms, omg it was well cute. They landed and arrested the killer person and walked over to this couple who told them to get married! (LOL) Gris was fiddling with Cath's fingers (which was so sexy!) then they hugged and walked off! I love my dreams. Tis the way CSI should be LOL :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.