Numb3rs

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Apr 8, 2005.

1. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Wonder if Lou Diamond Phillips will appear more often next season.

2. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

Oh I hope so. I loved his character. His scenes with both Charlie and Don were awesome. Maybe they should get him to shoot someone :D

Has anyone heard about Diane Farr next season? Megan seemed a little.... off in the finale.

3. TylerDalton

TylerDalton Hit and Run

The writers have said that all of the cast is coming back for next season (including Colby) so we will just have to see how they pull that off...

4. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Maybe he'll turn out to be a double-double agent. But I doubt it, since they said it would change the team forever.

5. HarmonyMe

HarmonyMe Hit and Run

I'm with ya on that!! I'm glad I'm not alone in those feelings! :lol:

BTW, greetings everyone!! I'm still making may way around the boards. :)

6. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I didn't watch the episode because we were out of town. But all I heard was that Colby was a spy. I thought he was supposed to be a good guy. He is the cute one on the show. I really liked him. The cute ones are always the bad guys. I don't exactly know who Liz is, but she should have been the spy not Colby. Megan is my favorite character. I don't want her to leave. She has a child though, so if she wants to spend more time with her child, then I can understand as long as they leave it to where she can come back every now and again.

7. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

I'm in Sweden so sadly I haven't seen the finale yet. Actually, I have no idea where we are at the moment, cause my network has decided to call 6 episodes a season (which would make Numb3rs into its 11 season, kind of... :rolleyes:).

Not Colby. Please. I like Colby. Do not leave David alone with the crazed Eppes brothers! I thought he and Colby made one fantastic pair! Kind of like Chip and Dale.

Gosh no.

I watched The Addams Family Values (sp?) yesterday, and needless to say, I died. David Krumholtz is sooo darn cute! Lucky guy...First time I saw the movie, I did not recognize him. I saw Peter MacNicol and then I was pretty much gone into my Larry-filled fantasyworld where there is only fluff and smut.

So weird to watch them two in a movie together.

Talking of Larry, where was he? No more Megan/Larry? I swear, if they kill that ship, I'll seriously consider quiting watching Numb3rs.

Why? Numb3rs is the one crime show on television (together with maybe Crossing Jordan, but not anymore) that has the most focus on their main charcthers.

For example: The charachters are allowed to have love intrests, romantic affairs and basicly, a life and a family. Numb3rs is a family show in more ways than for example CSI.

Look at Megan/Larry and Grissom/Sara. Who has had the most noticable screentime of the two couples. Larry and Megan. They've kissed (twice?), had picnic and everything. If that would have happened on CSI, it would have caused a massive havoc.

I'm not really sure, but weren't they thinking of writing Diane Farr's pregnancy into the show? While i agree that would be awfully fast and not the greatest way for a couple who has newly started dating each other, I do think it would have worked out nicely in the end.

I can understand Diane Farr wanting time of. Any mother would, but I think it would be sad to kill of the storyline. Maybe she can have another baby which will be written in. After all, lily on CJ used the actress pregnancy. Though it wasn't the greatest storyline, keep in mind that Crossing jordan and Numb3rs isn't the same kind of show.

If Sara and Grissom can't have a GeekBaby, let Megan and larry have it instead!

The astronauts nebula having his wormhole....gotta write a story about that one.

8. sidlewannabee

I think you are right ELINWAFFLE, but Grissom and Sara don't need to kiss every 5 minutes to prove their love. They can show each other's love with a simple poem or a holding hands and even a smile. It shows how mature they are. They aren't a young couple that feels the need to make out all the time. I would be glad if either Megan/Larry or Grissom/Sara had babies, but I think they need to be married first.

9. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Agree with you on the Grissom and Sara thing. I like the subtle mood TPTB are handeling those two. Larry and megan are...another kind of GSR. More romatic screentime and that.

CSI isn't a show based completely on its characthers. Right, we get to see some glipses of their everyday life, but not THAT much.

Numb3rs on the contrary...And I love the show for doing this, shows off the characthers which adds depth to the show. If the episodes did not end with a family scene, I'd feel lost. :(

On the topic babies: I guess I'm pretty pro-babies (or is it my biological clock ticking...? :rolleyes:), but I'm not sure I would like to see a whole fullblown pregnancy on television. Numb3rs is pretty much based on the science too. But I feel like..."Babies? On Numb3rs? Bring it on, Ridley!"

A baby on Numb3rs would work better than a baby on CSI, because the audience are more accostumed to the family format the show has. The show has a family theme and CSI does not. That is why I'd love to see a baby on screen. A baby doesn't mean a bad thing...

Sure X-Files was doomed when they had a pregnancy plot, but was that it? Couldn't it have been that the audience and actors had tired of it after so many seasons. Some shows are bound to be successfull in the beginning and then fail at the end. They do just survive a couple of seasons.

I pre-babies for Numb3rs. When I heard Diane Farr was pregnant (and this was just right after Megan and Larry getting together), I was all "Yay! Pregnancy! Larry and megan! Whee!". Especially after this finale they had. If Megan is starting to show symptoms of a possible burn-out or anything else, a baby would be great.She needs a change. same goes for CSI. I was pretty much on team "Bi-Baby" AKA "I don't care if they have a baby or not as long as they are happy". After the finale, however I thing it is a great way for some charcther development if the actors may be leaving. For example, Sara has spend (?) hours underneath a car, megan has worked several hours and is frankly, pissed of at her job. Colby's betrayal was just IT. Both their life perspectives must have changed somewhat. Otherwise I'm just calling it lame.

So...PRO-BABY for Larry and Megan! Who's with me?

Wouldn't it be great seing all the reactions. Damn Colby! I'd love to see his. I can totally see Alan plotting ways for own grandchildren! :devil:

10. sidlewannabee

I wish CSI was more based on the characters :(, I want to peek into their lives especially Sara's life because she is my favorite character. If Sara does decide that she doesn't want to be a CSI anymore than it would be a perfect time for a baby. The same goes to Megan, but it would probably mean less screentime for these actresse/characters :(. I liked the X-Files, I wanted Mulder and Skull to have a baby :). I hope that they won't decide to quit their jobs.

11. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Agreed. A baby would fit into Numb3rs at this time. Megan needs some time off, Diane does too. And a baby would work on Numb3rs, not doom them to TV hell.

I don't think Diane is that keen on leaving the show, neither is Peter MacNicol. Of course they want to do something else from time to time (Peter going on to 24) and try new things. Diane wants more time with her baby, and that's understandable.

Of course a baby would also demand a lot of screen time for the actors, but it could be kept to a minimum each episode. However, if a pregnancy storyline would benefit the actors, it would have to happen soon. After all, there is a 9 month wait. And that could recquire even more screen time for the actors.

But it would be sooo darn cute. I'd die of a fluff-OD.

12. sidlewannabee

I know, I hope Diane does not leave either, but if she does because of her baby then I would understand. Sasha Alexander played Kate in NCIS 2 years ago and she had a baby and she decided to leave the show, so they killed her character off. So unfortunately Diane might decide to leave, if she does it will be best for her and her family. I will stop watching Numbers if she leaves, though.

13. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

sidlewannabee, please try to stay on topic. This is the Numb3rs discussion thread, please bring your opinion about other shows/relationships to the appropriate threads.

14. sidlewannabee

I am really sorry SUNSETBOULEVARD. I will stay on topic. I love Numbers. The math they do is awesome.

15. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

But the baby-topic isn't off-topic, right? can't see it as OT. But we'll respect the rules and move on...

Yes! Math is fantasic! Actually, I credit Numb3rs for my grades in math. Not that they are that fantastic, but... :rolleyes: I told my teacher; "Watch Numb3rs! It's math and physics!". But they had some kind of meeting/dinner that evening. :(

I think I'm going to miss Colby. Really, miss him. He was such a great addition to the team. He and David were the Odd Couple . Kind of like Shaggy and Scooby-Doo, JD and Turk, Alan and Charlie on 2 and a Half Men.

OT: Summer,summer...not. It's cloudy and depressing in Sweden. adds to my mood. :(