MAC + PEYTON #new kid on the block#

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by orgasmicbilly, Aug 18, 2006.

1. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

Re: MAC + PEYTON #new kid on the block#

I thought it was uncharacteristic of Mac to utter that last line. I guess they wanted a cinematic ending :rolleyes: It would've made more sense to me if he asked about his team, but eh. What's done is done.

Anyway, I thought their reunion was really sweet. And I must admit [shuts off her sMex machine], that whole "you adore me" convo had me smiling like an idiot. I can't remember how many times I re-watched their whole scene. Hey! What can I say, I'm all for Mac getting some love ;)

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I loved the 'you adore me' convo!! And I still can't beleave that Mac has only ever had 5 and a half days off!!

I liked the ending when Mac said that he was going to LOndon it really shows that he cares for Peyton and it also shows how much he's changed- remember, he only began dating again after claires death at the end of season1.. his life was the NYPD!!

Has anyone else noticed that the season started with Meyton and ended with Meyton???

3. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

Lynny yeah even though i blame ya, i still wub you :D

oh! im guessing Mac said: 'Now, where's that ticket?' or 'So when's the flight?' :lol: or something that has to do with the adore line will work too *squeals* so fluffy. :p imma hopeless romantic.

4. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I liked their "adore me" conversation, too. I know there are some critics of it, thinking she was being too pushy and manipulative, but the more I think about it, the more I think it was just the opposite.

Sure, she delved into his time off stats - Naughty Peyton - but it's not as though she would have been discovering any deep, dark secret. Bottom line is, she dearly wanted the man who is the Love of Her Life to accompany her to what might have been a dry, boring business trip to London - but she wanted to make it a business/fun trip, and that means having Mac with her. Can't blame her, what person in a 1+ year long relationship wouldn't try to get their significant other to come with them on a 10-day vacation overseas? And if that person is a workaholic who has barely taken any time off in years, then you know you'll have to wheedle like hell, to get your way. (And who amongst us hasn't wheedled to get their way, at some time or another in their life? :eek: :lol: ) I think Peyton was feeling scared and unsure of herself when she approached Mac about the trip, and that's why she might have come off as pushy to some viewers - she wanted him to see her side of the whole thing, before he had a chance to turn her down. I saw her as kind of unconfident and timid, not bitchy. She was trying to score her points before he could shoot her down. And many, many people would have acted exactly like she did, with the same kind of person in the same situation. IMO, of course. :D

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Yeah, I read it that way too. I think she was hesitant to approach him with it, but really wanted to and was willing to put herself out there and take a chance by doing it. She knows that he's a workaholic, and would balk at the length of time away, not necessarily at the thought of time away together.

(C'mon, who, ever, really has a problem with someone saying "let's go away, just you'n'me? Gotcha a ticket already, been thinking about this for awhile...whaddaya think? :D)

I think Mac's predictable reticence versus her obvious desire to invite him was exactly the dynamic that made the scene interesting to watch. It was uncomfortable for me only because I read it that she felt she took a risk by having the ticket, that and because damn near EVERYBODY knows that Mac would hem and haw about it, all the moreso if it was just a question asked.

I thought it was kind of cute how Peyton was struggling to bring herself to try and invite him along, and how she approached him, adorable and all. Ten days out of seven weeks is not an unperuasive tack to take.

About the whole ticket issue: Having a ticket booked makes it a real possibility and not just a notion; a trip agreed to in conversation is one thing - a ticket is tangible, it's real, you can hold it's possibilty in your hands, and offer it up to someone else. (whooo lookit me getting all poetic ... ack hack *cough* sorry). But DAMN, you know? :lol:

Last thing to ask, people: was it ever mentioned WHEN the conference was to take place? Did I miss her saying something like "I'm speaking at this pathologist conference THIS WEEK and I thought....yada yada" Did she say, the plane's tomorrow/this week/next week/in july/at two o'clock? I understand the implication is that it was soon, but was it literally like, honey pack your bags cos' we're gonna miss da plane?

PS nice relationship moment between them whe Mac first enters his office to see her there, and having this LOOK on his face of *shit, did we have plans? THINK dammit*... :p

6. popcorn

popcorn Victim

Wee I'm new here but I've been lurking around! I really like Peyton and Mac since the 3rd season started. The last episode was truly awesome! Though Peyton didn't do that much but hell the last scene was superb! I kept on grinning like an idiot. lol.

Oh anyway just spreading the mac/peyton love.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l168/cocoart89/cocoArt/iadoreyou.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l168/cocoart89/cocoArt/banners/lovebanner.jpg

I hope you like it :D

7. mugs

mugs Witness

do you mind if i use one of you sigs on another forum

oh and does anyone know where i can watch their last scene

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I loved that look on Mac face when he thought that he had forgotten something!!!Oh I liked his face when Peyton said she had a 'propisition'!!!

I thought it was really sweet when she was trying to persuade him. She didn't say any thing about a time period she just said that she was speaking at a conference and that she wanted to show him around London!! But i'm pretty sure he was going to try and get out of it at that point !!

Did anyone else laugh when you saw Peyton running to him in the distance?? I loved the hug etc but that run just made me giggle!!

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Mugs i'll PM you a link!!

IDVICE: Popcorn you may want to resize your sig!!!

10. hotcarmine83

hotcarmine83 Victim

hi, i'm new here. I liked M/P since the beginning of this season but after i saw the "snow day" ep. i can say i love this couple. their hug at the end: too sweet!! i really hope Clair Forlani will be in the opening crdits next season, she and Gary are adorable together. (sorry x my english but i'm not a mothertongue.)

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Your english is great!! I didn't even think that you weren't untill you said :)

I think Adam deserves a part in the opeing credits after the part he played in the final!

12. mugs

mugs Witness

thanks

13. popcorn

popcorn Victim

yeah of course you can use it. Spread the (was it..) PAC love!

14. mugs

mugs Witness

^^ thanks

15. popcorn

popcorn Victim

Wee same here! I like them since the beginning! I never shipped anyone in CSI (I thought about Aiden/Danny but unfortunately, she didn't last long and as for Stella/Mac-to me-it looks like they're just friends). I hope Peyton stays :)

and don't worry about your english. I bet everyone here wouldn't mind.

Oh I forgot to introduce myself to everyone, I'm Hael by the way ;)