Dr. Peyton Driscoll/Claire Forlani Thread #1

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ker, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, Peyton definitely had more to do in the Comes Around episode than the finale, but doesn't it just look like she'll continue to be in Mac's life next season?

Here's hoping. ;)

2. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I'm loving her character more and more, each time I see her. I like that the writers (and Claire Forlani) have really fleshed her out and made her as realistic as possible, instead of some Perfect Barbie Doll or cardboard cutout. She has emotions that run both ends of the spectrum, sometimes she's not "perfect" or 100% likable (and none of the characters ever should be, really) and she definitely holds her own against a very stubborn Mac - something only a very strong, confident woman would be able to do, particularly in a romantic relationship with him. It's very apparent, at least to me, that she is most certainly his equal - something that the csi franchise is sometimes lacking, when it comes to male/female relationships or friendships. This one is different, IMO, and I hope to see more of it next season.

3. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I certainly hope so. I like Peyton - her relationship with Mac feels real and I love how Mac is so different with her (and I think, because of her). I also enjoy her work with the other characters - Hawkes, Stella, Danny, Sid - she has had great interation with all of them. I hope she is on a lot next season.

4. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Yay, I hope so too, and they kind of foreshadowed that she'll be around.

People really seemed to hammer Peyton in their reviews. That started to get to me a bit. To each their own opinion, but also I think that not liking how people behave sometimes, or seeing them in less flattering light, only helps to make them more human, realistic, and believable, (especially characters with six minutes of screen time per show).

*And for chrissakes,* she can only do with what gets written for her. Take the writers (and episode's Director too, for that matter) to task as much as the characters if you don't like what they're doing or how they're handled.

How many episode showed our main gang as flawed or less than ideal? The interaction between more believable INDIVIDUALS with their own personalities is much more intriguing to watch than seeing "personality-types" predictably filling in the blanks for each other in conversation.

I like how Peyton interacts with all the lab staff, with Danny, with Flack, with Sid and Hawkes especially, and most of all with Mac. PAC-Fan, more and more.

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

(keeping things carefully neutral)
    Is there any word on whether CF is back for next season or not?

6. Stella

Stella Rookie

I liked the ending of the finale eppy where Peyton run into Mac's arms and they hugged each other just for seconds.. That was so amazing and soo sweet.. ;) For me it shows how much Peyton cares for Mac when he came out of the building and you can see the love between them when the hugged.
    And she nearly killed him with her call..I never would've thought that..But she hasn't known in what situation Mac was at that time and I think she's not to blame for this. Acually it's one more proof that she worries about our Mac..

And about the thing with the tickets to London which Peyton already bought without saying a word to Mac.. I'm unsure how to feel about this.. On one hand is understandable how Peyton acted because Mac could've made a backpedal with the trip to London just it's more than a normal weekend they'd be out of NY. Maybe she wanted to get sure Mac goes with her to vacation. Besides I do think Mac needs some vacation especially cause he hadn't this for..how many years? :rolleyes:
    But one the other hand I dislike the way Peyton planned that trip.. It seems a little manipulative IMO..

But besides all this I like Claire Forlani and the character Peyton. Peyton let us see a total different Mac, the privat side of him which is so sweet to see..
    Like I said before I hope Claire Forlani is back in the next season because the tptb can't make a new season without Mac AND Peyton in there..

7. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

^^ I sure hope so! She's amazing...

:) Ahh, I'm really starting to like Peyton (even though I'm Smacked and sort of Mac/Claire...)

Claire's a great actress. I saw her in Carolina Moon. Amazing & Meet Joe Black. She was amazing in both. I hope she stays and for a really long time too.

I hope she becomes a regular, although I really doubt that since she stars in big budget movies... :rolleyes:

8. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ saw her in those two movies too! ^_^ awesome :D

about her in next season: im guessing yeah cause audience like her but then again, we'll never know right?

Peyton is very likable, whatever ship you are. thats what's great about her. its like you dont want to like her but she's so dang likable :lol: :p well thats mho. -of course im talking about those who ship other ships. *shrugs*

9. sydneycsi

sydneycsi Dead on Arrival

I hope we get to learn more about Peyton, maybe why she wanted to become an M.E? in the next season.
    I don't want her on the show as just Mac's girlfriend, sure I'm all for Mac and Peyton to have a steady relationship just so we can see the lighter side of Mac but I'd like to see flashbacks of Peyton and Hawkes back in the early days of training to be an M.E, I mean it's obvious how close they are and how she is a little protective of Hawkes, and I love the scenes she shares with lovable Sid they're so funny.
    Hopefully we'll learn a little more of Dr Driscoll for next season.

10. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

In a recent interview she mentioned that she really likes the "recurring role" nature of Peyton/CSI NY, and also likes what it brings out in Mac. She sounded sincere in her enjoyment of her role, and I took it that it meant she would be back again next season, when her schedule allows, to resume her role as Peyton. Hoping fervently that's the case. :)

11. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

If they're gonna make her stay, they should put more info about her ^__^ that would be awesome.

12. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

That's great news. Thanks!

Hope she can make it and come back in S4.

13. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

Or they are planning to shoot the S4 Premiere in London? Is that possible? MIAMI went to Brazil already.

I remembered that CSILV planned to shoot several eps in London but didn't work out. Maybe they set up the London thing for a huge premiere... Just a thought.

14. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I'm guessing not re: London...Mac/Peyton are only supposed to be there for 10 days, so if next season's premiere goes by *real life* time, then they would have been back in the States for 2.5 months already... (although it would be fun to have something happen in London, wouldn't it? :D) Maybe Mac will accidently stumble onto a lead on who the IRA guy from the finale was protecting, and this will spill over into next season. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

15. ingrid

ingrid Witness

>>>(although it would be fun to have something happen in London, wouldn't it? ) Maybe Mac will accidently stumble onto a lead on who the IRA guy from the finale was protecting, and this will spill over into next season. That wouldn't surprise me at all. >>>

Thank you ... As I've stated over on the "Rate the eppie"-thread, I haven't seen too many of third season, as I'm living on the wrong side of the world.

But all during the final episode I thought that Peyton acted weird (now, I do like Clair Forlani - in my eyes she's a terrific actress. So her doing "shifty" has to have a reason)
    then I realised: they didn't follow up that IRA plot - the terrorists killed an FBI agent in order to protect someone. It was never pointed out who that was (there was only speculation on Mac's part)
    and the agent had called Mac in order to share some vital info with him. About what?
    Maybe about that IRA mole in his lab? the mole that had somehow managed to get VERY close to Mac?
    And now Peyton even gets Mac to London (as long as the structure of his office is rebuilt he can't do that much repair work anyhow) and that way a lot closer to possible IRA assassinators?
    mhhh. I'm paranoid, I know. sigh.

but what do you think?

Ingrid
    curious in Austria