Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I get it. I get it. I GET IT!! I promise I get it.

You don't like Peyton. Got it. ;)

Look, I'm sorry; I apologize because I really am not meaning to pick on anyone specifically. It's the sum total vibe over a couple of pages that was starting to irk me a little. Peyton just seems to be getting absolutely (what's the word?) *Bashed* from all sides here. D/L get theirs on a billiard table (mind where you put that cue chalk :lol:), and now Peyton's bashed because the office moment was "uncomfortable" and probably a vehicle used to set up next season's premiere? I dunno. Seems a little vehement and extreme, but I respect differing opinions. The office moment *was* uncomfortable, but I just didn't think it was *THAT* bad. It CERTAINLY was not the only cringe-worthy/twitch-inducing moment in general in shows this season.

The balance of episodes she was in this season were well-done, showed more personality, evolved Mac, and often had humour. I don't think any of Lindsay (aside from shagging), Sid or Peyton really had a lot of depth or got to do much in the finale except pace and frown and be worried. Why pick on someone for writing that doesn't give them more than that? :confused:

-So, when Flack changes out of his tie he changes departments? :p Very nice to see him out of his suit tho.
    -Sid looked like he wanted to be at the racetrack. What a great hat.
    -Hmmm - so if Danny owed Lindsay $100 for losing at pool and she tells him to pay up or offer up, is that all she thinks he's worth? If it had been more than that would she have ridden the bike instead? :lol:
    -The finale was overtly billed as die-hard in a lab, I guess it was supposed to be a kind of geek-lab/tv-scaled homage to it.

Look, D/L shippers got their fill. Nuthin to me, but hey, enjoy, tuck into it. I was glad in the end to see Mac want to go to London with Peyton, and to see Stella, Flack and Hawkes be HAPPY for them. :cool:

Who wouldn't want to go to London after that? Five days vacation in how many years? No no, I'd rather sweep glass, and do the masses of paperwork sure to land on my desk for blowing the crap out of my lab, plus I have to requisition a new microscope cos Stella beaned that guy, new door for the lock-up, there's the fender on the truck needs fixin, and d'ya suppose the sprinkler fubar'd the computers? and... uh, ...has anyone seen my desk? It was just here...Crap that's five desks in five years...Can I pack my favorite black t-shirt?

It is what it is ~ to each their own. :p

2. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Ha, ha, ha, :lol: I love it........I wish she had've ridden the bike, right outa New York and poor Danny's life.......
    Note to Lindsey.....please be leaving Messers balls where you found them and shut the door on your way out....Lindsey was the ONE character I felt physically angry watching. Every other character, even with the little some were given made it a great episode. Hey, I even gave kudos to Peyton and that doesn't happen often....

3. alisonn

alisonn Hit and Run

Ok the episode wasn't realllllyyyyy good, but it was good enough, so i'd say probably an A-. I'm finally happy with the amount of screen time that Flack got, and how much he contributed to the case. I guess the shippers got what they wanted though i'm not one myself. Flack looked a whole lot better out of his suits.:p
    I really liked every thing except for the fact they're involving main characters in the case to make them interesting again, i mean if you look back to the season one finale "what you see it what you see", it's a different kind of "wow" and thrill in the episode. Also, Peyton was more of "mac's girlfriend" in the episode than the chief Medical Examiner, which is really what i didn't like.

4. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Ok, I loved it. My heart was pounding and I was wailing all over the place!!

OK people, we know Flack cannot be in all those units, but seriously, if he had been reduced to a B character it would have been more outrageous! I'm sure none of you are actually complaining that he was used - I think we all love him, but more that it wouldn't happen in real life, but then when the Irish mob are taking you down in a builing on the 35th floor would you start running bullets and fingerprints through CODIS and AFIS?!?! No, course you wouldn't, so if i am willing to suspend belief for that i'm going to cut TPTB some slack and allow them to get creative on Flacks role - just think if they'd kept him as purely homocide where would he have been this episode?

On a more shallow note, all the men looked hot in this episode!! WOW! Wet Mac and Hawkes, a beaten and bloody Danny and Adam, even sid got in there with THAT hat! Flack in the casual... maybe we could explore that a little more, althouhg i do appreciate the no jacket, shirt sleeves rolled up, bullet proof jacket look too!

I loved Action!Flack, not only was he totally unruffled and unfazed, i like the fact he is no nonsense. After killing that guy he knows he had to do it but it doesn't sit well with him. Kudos to Eddie Cahill for not making it an Emotional dogs dinner. I liked that he admitted to Mac that he was scared, the "Not everyday i'm staring down the barrell of an AK-47" was great, Action!Flack he maybe but he is still human. Also loved him getting smart with the hostage guys! I was screaming at him not to get smart and snarky just in case that beat one of them... not often i don't want Flack to get snarky!!

Leads me on nicely to Danny, i have to say i really liked Danny this episode, he didn't have much action, but what he did have made a significant change in his character (maybe he realised after the night before that his balls are in full working order! :p) it was nice to have the smart, bravado ridden, cocky, street smart detective back. When they were beating him and he was still giving it all his chat... i was wincing and cheering. I love that Danny! His phone call to Flack broke my heart a little, Carmine Giovinazzo is fantastic at playing drama, and i loved the way his voice caught when he spoke to his buddy. Although i'd like to know how the guy knew Flacks number?

Poor poor Adam. I really felt for him and i have to give AJ Buckley a standing ovation!! he was so well played that mixture of terror, bravado and guilt was wonderfully protrayed and i hope that TPTB give him a more prominant role season 4!

Loved Mac, Stella and Hawkes (damn that man is hot! :devil:) in the lab. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing!! Usually i roll my eyes at Action!Mac, you were a marine? really? i never knew! :rolleyes: but i enjoyed this, i never felt the need to roll my eyes once and to be honest when he went at it with that guy i was cheering for him telling his to use that marine knowledge to kick the guys arse!!
    Stella was great, she was across between bricking it like the rest of us would have been and kicking some serious butt! When Mac garbbed her!! i jumped out of my skin, and i loved the fact that Melina K(i'll only butcher her name)didn't feel the need to amp it up or simper around!

What can i say abotu hawkes... i loved that morgue scene!! I think its probably my favourite scene int eh whole show, maybe only just beating the one where you see him run out of the building!! I'm glad Hawkes was given more to do and get in on the action, so often he is left out a little and Hill Harper deserves better treatment. I also liked that it was a kind of nod to fans who may remember in season 1 when he slid out of the cooler draw and scared Mac!

OK i'll be honest i am neither Lindsey nor Peytons biggest fan, but they really didn't bother me too much yes i could have done without the flashbacks to the night before, explaining how they ended up naked on the pool table - i didn't need it explained, seriously, i'm over the age of 13 and to be frank my only thought was, that can't have been comfortable?!?!! the cheesey note and voice over, well yes we did need to understand that it should have been lindsey's shift but didn't danny telling mac himself explain that to us. Being british myself i get fed up with Peytons accent! we do not all sound like that! :mad: but i liked her run towards Mac at the end, regardless of the pushy nature of the trip to London she had worried girlfriend down to a tee and she wasn't whingy either!
    Lindsey, she just didn't have a lot to do... as Top pointed out, she didn't have the day off her and Danny just swapped shifts. When she turns up at that scene could she have been more useful? ...meh... to be honest she wasn't in it much, enough to annoy me in anycase and there was too much else going on for me too care. D/L shippers got their 3 mins of shits and giggles i got mine for the other 38 mins! :D

Overall an absolutely amazing finale!!

5. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

When Stella was descending for the roof of the elevator, she was looking like Sindey Bristow :lol:

incredible episode :eek:

6. Messers_cupcake

Messers_cupcake Lab Technician

fantastic episode....

Flack in action, was very nice to watch. I don't care if he's in one or three units. As long as it gives the character chances to get more screentime I'm not complaining because who would?? Such a sexy detective... I like him and in this episode we could again see a great play from Eddie. Like that Flack always can be serious and funny at the same moment and it really doesn't ruin the scene. Love him for it.

Stella - i really enjoyed to watch her again. Melina is fantastic and i love how she plays her character. She's a strong woman and we could see it again in this episode. 'Rambo Stella' was back.... Lol!

She and Mac are really good friends and a great team. Yeah, I guess Mac has more experience thats why he has known better what to do but I liked it how they worked together in the lab. It was great. Fantastic. Just kinda sorry for the lab. NY will pay a lot for it. Lol!

I'm glad that Hawkes was this time a part of the team. Oh come on after 'RS' there wasn't much about him. This boy needs more attention. The scenes in the morgue and when he ran out of the building were really good.

Adam... oh my god.... poor boy... POOR boy! he was wonderful. Love him. It's Adam. My fav lab tech. AJ was great. I like it how he played with Carmine in the warehouse. I felt so sorry for him in the scene when he showed Danny his hand. God what have they done to him... But he really tried and thats what counts. It wasn't his fault. I'd never blame him. I hope he will be back in the lab next season even after such a trauma... AJ is really good and IMO (and i know i'm not the only one here) he really should be in the opening...

I don't like Peyton. That's first. But I've accepted that Mac is with her. But this really was the worst episode she ever had. She was so out of place in his office or later on the street or at the end. She was driving me crazy. And annyoning. And i really hope now that she won't return from her holiday with Mac from London... sorry guys... IMO just...

Danny Messer
    what can i say... after this season, it was nice to watch Danny in acton again. Yeah it was the old Danny and I liked it. Poor man, wtf have they done to him... his hand looked really bad and now i'm curiouse how long will it take him to recover. Maybe tptb makes a quick heal like in Flack's case but with some kind of complications later (at the beginning of the next season) I just hope that he won't have a BIG breakdown or depressions next year because of the whole case. I know it a traumatic situation but... come on Danny, if you've got a problem, go and talk with your best friend Flack... that will help

As for the D/L scene... wtf?? gosh people they are adults, not strangers, good friends so let them have their fun. But now we all know why Danny has such a big apartment. To have a pool table to... but I can't imagine that it was a comftable night Lol!!

But his voice when he 'read' the message for Lindsay was so sexy.. god... *ded*

The episode was fantastic and I hope that next season will be as good as this episode.

Annie

BTW. didn't Sid look hilarious in his hat... :lol:

7. demor215

demor215 Prime Suspect

I have to disagree with whoever said if you have to trick a man into doing something with you, they are not that into you. I've been married 29 years and STILL have to do that to my husband. Relationships are different for everyone. She knew Mac is a workaholic and put some pressure on him. Of course his immediate reaction was to say "I can't" because he does work all the time. This way he had to think about it a little.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

8. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Hehehe..... :lol: I've been married 15 and yeah, wholheartedly agree. I think I can count the amount of times hubby has been shopping with me in all that time on one hand, and that was the result of some serious trickery and bribary.... :rolleyes:

I think that scene with Mac and Peyton was very well executed, they looked like a couple and acted like a couple.

9. sarakanne

sarakanne Dead on Arrival

I still cannot figure out why so many people on this forum dislike the romance story lines, i.e., Peyton and Mac and Horatio and Marisol. Are these characters not entitled to a little bit of love every now and then? I mean everytime a love interest is introduced for Mac or Horatio, the forums explode with opposition and character bashing. Grant it's t.v. and yes it's a show about crime solving, but all work and no play makes jack and jill very dull people--not to mention very dull t.v. viewing. I thought it was a great departure for D/L to act like normal human beings. Who cares where they got it on?? Does everyone have to do it in a traditional bedroom setting?

Snowday was an excellent season finale and it beat the pants off of CSI:Miami. It's quite obvious that Ann Donahue plays favorites with her CSI kids.

10. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I like the Mac/Peyton relationship because they have believeable chemistry, they act like a real adult couple in love. I don't think Peyton was wrong for tricking Mac, due to his workaholic personality the only other way she could've gotten him to take time off would've been bashing him on the head and lugging his unconcious body onto the plane.

As for D/L: they have zero chemistry, I do not buy them as a couple and their having sex does not change that. No, they didn't have to do it in a traditional bedroom, but the pool table was a bit strange. As long as they were brining out the pillows and blanket(supposedly after they had sex)why didn't they just sleep in the bedroom. The whole thing just felt sleazy, the impression I got was that the only reason they were having sex was because they were drunk.

I have no problem with Danny wanting some fun, my problem is that he's having it with Lindsay.

11. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

now that all 3 csi have had their season finales...i can honestly say that this one was the best one of the three.

i hope the show keeps going in the direction it is going apart from the Danny charater on which they need to work a little bit more.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Sammy, didn't the thugs make Danny dial from their phone? Interesting that Danny called Flack's cell and not the department line.

I think Flack went back to the warehouse for two reasons: one, Danny called him and two, he led the drug bust.

:lol: OK, I think I wasn't looking closely enough, but did they actually sleep on the pool table??? I know they had sex on it, but did they actually sleep on it??? :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Stay tuned!

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

They sure did! I didn't realize it till I rewatched the episode. They must've been too spent to actually move to the bed. Although that doesn't explain how the sheets and pillows got there. :rolleyes:

14. Moska

Moska Dead on Arrival

This may be only my opinion, and I realize that my Mom has pulled the wool over Dad's eyes a few times in 38 years to guide him in the direction she's trying to point him...but that's a married couple who thrives on trust.

I don't see that here with these two. Mac was truly uncomfortable with the tactic she was taking to get him to bend to her wishes and if not for that sulphur smell, I believe he would have not agreed to go.

Also, how in the world did she know his accrued vacation and time off? Not just anyone can get a look a personnel jacket. My guess is that she simply asked Stella. I have no doubt that she would know exactly how many days her friend has been away from work. More than likely those 5.5 days were around the time of Claire's death, which then leads one to believe that he never took time off to enjoy life with his *wife* either...

My dislike for the ending was simply that it wasn't properly balanced. No inquiry into the condition of both Adam and Danny doesn't ring true for the Mac Taylor we know and his answer of 'London' was just too flippant to give this a solid and satisfying ending.

One poster above asked why everyone cares/dislikes/moans/groans/etc about Mac and Horatio having romantic relationships. I'm not too sure of the overall agebase of any fandom, but over the years I've come to realize that I don't care for the romance simply because invariably the writers just manage to screw it up. Keeping the overt romance off the screen simply allows *all* fans of different 'ships interpret what they see to their way of thinking within their 'ship. And there's absolutely no harm in that to me. It evens the playing field and allows all 'ships to participate equally. Unless the show is a soap, I feel romance should take the back seat and be actions interpreted by the actors on screen...not force-fed manually time after time after time.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

OK, that's just goofy. Sex on the pool table--cool. Sleeping there afterwards--WTF? :lol: I guess it fits with Danny giving it up to work off his debt, though. Definitely a lighter feel to the whole thing.