Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ker

ker Hit and Run

I agree sydney! I would love to know more about her as well.

12 hours from now it will be almost time for CSI: NY and the best scenes ever! :D

2. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Anna's "Lindsay" grew as a character. She transformed from a scared, cold person with a horrible secret looming in her background into the carefree, scientific, open-hearted and flirtatious woman we see now. She dealt with the past and is slowly moving in to her future.

For example, in DoWaR, she had the snarky little comeback about the animal-rights group and the client list. The old Lindsay never would have thrown that comment out. If that's not character development, I don't know what is.

3. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

I'm thinking I might wanna see a bit more pissed off Lindsay. And I'm still waiting for more Lindsay and Flack scenes... I could just see the sarcasm bouncing off the walls.

4. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

I really like their scenes together. Early in season two, they just seemed like two random co-workers working cases together and not really knowing each other. But migrating from the season premiere to now, I think they they seem a lot more comfortable together. I loved their teasing of Danny in DoWaR and him calling her "Linds" last night kind of proves - atleast to me - that they are indeed friends now.

5. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Um, I think that the fact that she delt with everything that happened up in Montana proves that she's grown a little more.
    I liked the interaction in this week's episode as well. :) They seem like they've become good friends now. :) I like their sorta-fun, flirty, relaxed talk like in People With Money.
    Lindsay: How many numbers did you get?
    Flack: I don't like what you're implying, Monroe.
    Lindsay: How many?
    Flack: 3...

6. sydneycsi

sydneycsi Dead on Arrival

This is probably going to be a rant than a post but after reading the reviews for the finale it just infuriates me what the hell TPTB are doing to Lindsay.

I don't know if her minimal screentime for the finale is because of Anna's baby and maybe her wanting more time at home (which is understandable) but if she is only on just to do a love scene and stand in the background worried about Danny that to me is just pathetic.

Lindsay deserves better than that, I mean she is a CSI why can't they have her do more, involve her more just something I hate that her scenes have become almost forgettable because she's only on screen for a couple of minutes I mean come on she's a main cast member. Don't get me wrong I love Adam and I think he did an amazing job with his scenes and I'm all for more Adam but why is a guy who isn't on the credits getting more screentime than Lindsay?

I WANT more Lindsay for season four is that too much to ask for?

7. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^^ Nope that isn't too much to ask for. I would really like to see that happen too.

I love the D/L relationship, but I do hope that now that they've brought them really 'together', the relation will be on the background and the focus will be more on Lindsay next season.

8. HillHarperHOT

HillHarperHOT Prime Suspect

I don't think it's to much to ask for. Hopefully, a lot of it had to do with her pregnancy and we will get better scenes next season.

As for the finale, I think it was because her shift would not have started yet. When she was talking to Danny, she said he got the later shift, so maybe that's why she didn't do much.

Jen

9. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I agree, she couldn't do anything because of the break-in, so she had to just stand there like an idiot like everyone else.

10. dstined4gr8ness

dstined4gr8ness Police Officer

Ok, i have a question. It seems so many people have a problem with anna's lack of ....shall we say freak out expressions about danny being held hostage. Perhaps its just me, but when i am in a high tension situation like that (not that i've been in THAT situation before) but it's like i go into numb panic mode. no facial expression. No emotion. nada. Does it make her a bad actress? no. Is she playing the character the way she sees fit? yes. But hey, that's just my opinion

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Eh, she was pretty flat throughout, even when she got him back, when one would have expected massive relief and concern. I think Anna just doesn't have a great range--like others have said, she does just fine in the light scenes. I did think she did well in the pool scene--I actually liked her making the move on Danny because it reminded of me of what I did like about the character when she was first introduced: her spunk. We haven't seen much of it since midway through second season, so it was nice to see that back.

12. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I agree with Top, I love Anna, but she's not the greatest at real dramtic scenes. In this particualr scene at the warehouse, she had to act upset, but she didn't pull it off as well as it could've been, but ew got the message basically. Anna is defenately a much better actress when it comes to the lighter scenes, so hopefully next season wont be so angsty and we can have old Lindsay back.

13. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Yeah, she had less screentime this season, we can understand as she was pregnant and all that. IT's just natural and normal. Hopefully, in season 4 we'll have more of her again. She deserves it! I haven't seen the so-waited episodes regarding her past and going to Montana, where she has the real dramatica scenes, right?, so I can't tell much about how I feel when it comes to her acting there :rolleyes:. For me, her acting so far is just fine, and I don't think she is bad. We had "Not What It Looks Like", and she was just great there, IMO ;) Besides lots of other episodes, of course.

Fpr example, I just saw "Sweet 16", and it's obvious they couldn't give her much screentime. She was bitten by the snake right in the beggining and then just appears in one scene. Both of the scenes had to try to hide her pregnancy. The less scenes, the less they have to hide. But I was so worried about her when she got bitten. Poor Lindsay. Glad everything was OK soon :) Sheldon helped her right there, and Danny asked how she was. Sweet guys, huh? :p Anyway, few but still good, she looked good as well ;)

14. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Sorry for posting this late, but Anna was on Without a Trace last night...
    I meant to post it but I had no computer access till now. :/

She will be on again tonight (12am) on WPSG(i think that is a local station..I really have no clue....sorry) and it's Showdown.

15. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Has anyone heard of BopstarBabyBaskets? Anna received a gift basket from them and left them a wonderful little note at there website. http://www.bopstarbaby.com/feedback.html. To be honest, I check every now and then to see if they've released the baby's name, and this site came up. No name there, but I thought if you wanted to see her thank you note, I'd post the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.