CSI: New York--'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 17, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I thought the burner was omitting the fake gas, but I could easily be wrong. I admit the scene was a bit confusing, and your explanation makes as much sense if not more.

Would you believe me if I said I actually thought of you when I wrote that sentence, and almost changed it? :lol: I found it impossible not to be happy for her...but I can see how others wouldn't.

I wasn't pleased initially about the introduction of Dawn, but after the supernatural explanation was revealed, I thought it was brilliant. But yeah, different situation. Still, it's not hard to imagine that there are people the CSIs all know that we haven't met yet.

:lol: If only!

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Hehe. If Don had gone to Danny's place, they wouldn't have even gotten the balls set up on the pool table. :lol:

And hopefully Don would have at least dragged him over to the couch. *winces at the idea of doing anything, much less sleeping, on a pool table* >_<

3. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

I really loved this episode. I think the writers definitely outdid themselves. Everyone was on their A-game, and the episode was just a perfect and Im glad they ended a so-so season on a very strong, positive note.

I don't think Danny blames anyone for the situation he was forced into. If he took Hawkes or Stella's shift, would you expect him to blame them as well? If we want to point fingers, we could say Danny should be mad at himself because he put himself into that situation. I don't believe that but it could be argued. Neither he, nor Lindsay expected a hostage situation to be taking place when he took her shift. Why, would he place blame on someone who had nothing to do with it.

He sounded more uncertain and emotional to me. I don't think it had anything to do with Lindsay, he's worried about his friend. I think if Mac, or Stella asked him the same thing, he would have responded the same way.

4. Top41

I don't think he blames her for the hostage situation, but to be fair, between standing him up for a date and sending him in to deal with an angry mother, Lindsay hasn't exactly brought a lot of joy into Danny's life. And then for her to be whining about how she feels in the end is pretty distasteful. While we've seen Danny do a lot for her, she hasn't (save for the one instance of bringing him the DNA in RSRD) done anything for him. I doubt he was blaming her, but it was interesting that he didn't reply to her.

Uncertain and emotional yes, but he seemed to definitely be shutting Lindsay out. I think he would have responded differently to Mac or Stella--he simply seems to click with them better. Flack has been in tense situations before, and he's never shut out those with him, at least not that I've observed. Again, two people can look at a scene and see something completely different, but I definitely observed a chilliness there.

5. Faylinn

If Flack had been talking to Stella outside of the warehouse, I would expect eye contact and unspoken communication between the two of them. The words might be the same, but the interaction would be different. I think it's just a case of how well he knows each of them--he hardly interacts with the people working in the lab, and since Lindsay has been largely in the capacity of a lab tech this season...Stella, meanwhile, is someone that Flack knows very well and who knows him very well.

With Mac, I would have expected Flack to try to hold himself together, to look Mac in the eye and tell him that Danny didn't sound good, but his emotions would still be visible there--Mac isn't someone who frowns on emotion, even if he himself doesn't show it very well. :p

So yeah, uh--basically, I think it had to do with Flack's relationship with Lindsay compared to any of the other people on the team. The two of them haven't exactly bonded over anything, so they are leaning more toward co-workers than actual friends, whereas Flack leans more toward friends with other characters.

6. Top41

That's what I would have expected as well. Flack and Stella have a bond, and I would think Stella would be able to read how Flack was feeling and vice versa. They're both tough, but they'd both be worried and it would be comforting to both to communicate that silently.

Again, what I would have expected, too. Both Mac and Flack would be concerned for Danny and would be fairly stoic about it, but they'd make eye contact and again, there'd be an unspoken understanding.

Definitely. I think the lack of eye contact with Lindsay is a big deal--Flack is pretty good about addressing people when he speaks to them--looking them in the eye or at least looking at them, and the fact that he didn't do that with Lindsay spoke volumes to me.

7. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

I loved this ep. It is why CSI:NY is one of my favorite shows. I loved the mix of action, investigation, and relationships (friendships & romantic). I am so glad the had Hawkes involved in the action. He is so under utilized. Flack shined in this ep and reinforced the growing respect I have for his character. I love that He & Mac learned from each other this season.
    Last the relationships. I'm fine with the Danny Lindsay relationship. I think it is pretty surface level so far and not sure how long it will take to get deeper (if it does). Mac & Payton on the other hand is mature and getting deeper. I think she can be the sounding board & help that he needs as well as the support with out the fear of her not understanding what he's going through.

8. Top41

Same here. I think the show has struck a pretty good balance there.

He is, so it was nice to see him sharing equal time with Mac and Stella and pulling some pretty inventive moves on the bad guys!

That was without a doubt my favorite storyline of the season. I love how they clashed on certain issues but were able to work beyond it, and gain a new respect for each other.

My least favorite plotline of the season, especially early on, but I thought it played out okay in this episode, save for Lindsay's self-involvement at the end. I did like that in the flashback she was the one who initiated sex, because despite that Danny pursued her for most of the season, she's generally been the more sexually aggressive one (asking the provacative question last season about phone sex, initiating the almost-kiss in the courtroom, etc.). It reminded me of what I did like about the character of Lindsay in the first half of the second season, which was her spunk, which has been sadly absent for most of this season and the latter half of last.

I like the depth of their relationship as well. The emotional connection between them is a strong one, and I think because of that she's really brought him out of his shell. I'm hoping we'll see more of them together next season.

9. Diva

Diva Civilian

I just don't like the D/L thing. I've tried cause I knew it was coming but I just can't like it. I over looked the Gil/Sara thing but this I just can't over look. I really liked the review for the show. Was very well done.

I'm new to the Talk CSI thing so if I did it wrong I'm sorry :(

10. Faylinn

Welcome to the site, Diva. ;)

I don't like the D/L thing either. It would be much easier if I did, but sadly I just can't wrap my head around it. Not even for nearly-naked Carmine, which is a shame, really.

I rewatched the finale with my mom today. She was freaking out, it was hilarious. :lol: However, my little sister is on to me--she figured out that I'm crushing on Adam. Damn.

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: *pets Fay*

Great review as always Top, even more impressive because you have managed to do justice to a seriously fantastic episode.

Ah, Snow Day, I could just watch this episode over and over again...in fact, I kind of already have. :p

Picking a slightly obscure highlight, but for me Sid in his hat provided great relief from the pressure and tension of the rest of the episode. It was nice to have that moment of normality and light entertainment amongst such a heavy going 42 minutes. :) He's such a great asset to this cast, along with AJ Buckley, Robert Joy is a character that I really want to see explored and used more next season.

I'm not personally sure how to interpret Flack's responses to Lindsay. I'm not sure he dislikes her as such, because to dislike would require some effort. I think he is simply indifferent to her, she isn't someone who he would normally converse or waste his time with if he didn't have to work with her. Although because of his close friendship with Danny I think he will be forced to re-evaluate these opinions, and it would be interesting to see some recognition of that next season.

FInally, what a great episode for both Hawkes and Adam. Two characters that are deserving of screen time and character development. The fallout from this finale could provide some really interesting character development for all next year if TPTB decide that continuity is a good way forward...

But you know what, the entire cast were outstanding in this episode, and that is what made it stand out from the other two CSI shows this year. Well done NY. :)

12. Faylinn

Oh yeah, definitely. But I'm still wondering about the way he was flexing his fingers when Peyton first found him--foreshadowing, maybe? If he has arthritis or something, he might not be able to do autopsies for much longer. :(

Er, I just really don't care. I want everyone to be friends with everyone else, but I have no desire to watch Flack trying to be bestest buds with Lindsay because otherwise he and Danny can't be friends anymore. Or something.

:D

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I must rewatch that scene. I think I was too focused on the hat to notice anything else. ;) That would make for an interesting storyline...

Perish the thought! Unless this is a high school drama, oh but wait a minute...some of the storylines already are. So maybe it's not that out of the question. :p

I was more considering that if Flack is indifferent to her now, and Danny and Lindsay decide to pursue a relationship (which is more than likely destined to failure) next season, Flack's indifference may be replaced with other feelings. (And I'm really not talking slash here btw) I think that strong friendships are often forced to change when new relationships start to get in the way, and there could be some resentment, especially when those relationships are amongst people who aren't that well suited (IMO). Or not of course, but I would be interested to see that.

14. Top41

Welcome to the site, Diva! I'm not much of a fan of the pairing myself. :lol: I do like Grissom and Sara together, for the most part, but that's another polarizing pairing here. People do tend to feel very strongly about whether they want characters together or not.

Thank you! :)

I thought he was great, too, a bit of normalcy amid the chaos going on. Not quite comic relief--he was more like a guy who'd gotten up to come to work and in the course of a normal day, the fire alarm went off. And now he was just chilling out, waiting to go back in and finish what he was working on. Robert Joy was great as ever.

I don't think he actively hates her as such, but he's always seemed a little scornful of her to me. As if there's something about her that rubs him the wrong way. In the scene where she was talking about the flower, he seemed downright irritated with her, and a bit condescending when he said he was glad he wasn't a CSI. And in this episode, it felt significant that Flack, a character who is so good at making eye contact, didn't look at her. I'm sensing bad vibes. I also think it's interesting that she seems to return the dislike--she purposefully took charge of Danny when Flack was trying to help, and asserted herself by saying, "I'll take him." I find the tension fascinating--the competitive hostility between Ryan and Delko on Miami is one of my favorite relationships to watch (though I do think there is an element of genuine friendship in there as well), so I hope the writers play up the dislike between Flack and Lindsay next season.

I think Danny will play a part in it--he is in the middle so to speak. How many people are put in awkward situations because their best friend hates the person they're dating? It happens all the time. So I hope we see some of that, because Lindsay hasn't treated Danny very well this past season, and I think it would make sense for Flack to be concerned about Danny, especially given how emotional Danny is. It would only be logical for Flack to worry about Danny getting hurt.

I hope we see both Danny and Adam grappling with the fall out of being held hostage. Adam obviously has some guilt issues (and Lindsay might, too), and Danny is already an emotional basketcase, so I wonder how he'll process what happened to him.

And more Hawkes, please! He was awesome in the morgue and lab. :D

15. Bones

Bones Civilian

This Danny/Lindsay is the worst thing that ever happened to CSI. Can't they see that these two don't match? And though I prefer friendship over these hideous office romances, I could see Danny with Aiden, or Stella, or even Flack (Yay!!!).
    No, no, it's so... I'm too upset to discribe it. It's against all laws of God and man.
    And yeah, I watch re-runs, and by one look at Danny, you can tell which season is they're airing. Lindsay there, spirit gone.