"Living Doll" Season Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 13, 2007.

1. Strings

Strings Civilian

I got bored with that Paul Milander crap. But this is good.
    And I think it's about time someone aside from Nicky and Greg got the crap end of the stick. Y'know?

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Well, that was an extremely uninspiring episode.

Way too much of "phycho girl". I did like the flashback with her and Ernie. The rest was *yawn*.

It was funny to see Meghan Fay as the job interviewer. The role kind of reminded me of Edie McClure in King Baby, that offbeat kind of character.

Some very cute scenes:
    - When Nick & Catherine were peering at the electrical setup in the wall, it looked like Catherine was almost resting her chin on his shoulder.
    - Catherine & Gil SHARING EYE GLASSES!!!

other than that:
    - that foster mother reminded me of Allison's mother in Werewolves
    - kickass Sofia barging into the house. You go, girl!!
    - A quick peek of Hodges, Wendy, JUDY, Warrick, Nick, Doc, Sara, Sofia, Brass, a bit more Catherine, a LOT of Gil, and WAY WAY WAY TOO MUCH OF WACKO NATALIE.
    - GSR revealed? Don't really care anymore, since I don't really recognize any of the characters on this "forensics" show anymore.
    - Speaking of "forensics": Wendy gave a few results. Was there any other "forensics" in this episode of this "forensics" show?
    - And, for most of the show, I always seemed to find myself confusing Natalie with Kelly Gordon.

So, Sara's in peril to end the season. Let's see, last year it was Brass' life on the line to end the season; two seasons ago it was Nick's life on the line to end the season. Can I give TPTB a hint? dictionary.com
    the word is "originality" -- o·rig·i·nal·i·ty -noun
    1. the quality or state of being original.
    2. ability to think or express oneself in an independent and individual manner; creative ability.
    3. freshness or novelty, as of an idea, method, or performance

Any of that sound familiar? Didn't think so.

Will I tune in next season for the season 8 premiere, and the continuation of this story? Doubtful.

3. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

Alright, I have calmed down enough to make a better post.

I LOVED the episode. I was captivated the entire time and was cursing through the commercial breaks because I wanted it to be back on. Natalie was amazing. The whole IDEA of Natalie was amazing...the dedication to building the miniatured and psychotic nature of her was incredibly interesting. I liked seeing as much of her as we did.

THe GSR reveal was uneventful..sort of anti-climatic but I liked all the WTF faces. I kinda liked that it was sort of vague as to whether Grissom was only confessing his love for Sara or if he was revealing that they are actually in a relationship.

Hate the ending. But only cuz I am impatient and this will bother me all summer. I think the ending was a really crappy way to get viewers for the pilot next season. Cheap shot, in my opinion.

4. Shanna_Banana

Shanna_Banana Dead on Arrival

I liked everything except the cliffhanger! =[=[ I wanted to cry when they just ended with her under the car!! :(
    But then again a cliffhanger war bound to happen! But now we have to wait MONTHS for the new season and I am the most impatient person everrrr!! :rolleyes: I'm mad, upset, and just plain eager for the next season!

5. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

the look on their faces was priceless ...as was the bleach comment by Brass...torture by bleach :eek:

6. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I've calmed down enough to say:

I give credit to TPTB for making this episode. Period.

They did do a fine job, and while I friggen HATE the ending, (And every other person out there it seems!) they did do an awesome job with Natalie.

At first I thought "What the hell, why would they show us the "MCSK" at the beginning of the episode" but they did some time to expand the character, we almost got a feel for this human being. That she was pyscho, she's delusional, she was going for Grissom- not Sara.

I have hope Sara will live- if not, I will be upset :lol:

I liked how Sofia ran into the house, I really did. With all the tension between Sara and Sofia- she ran to the aid to try and catch this crazy woman. :) Good job Louise.

Every single character/actor did a very awesome job. Even Jorja with her five minutes of screentime. Really. I give kudos to all of them.

As for rewrites:

They cut the throwing off the shoe.
    They cut the "Is she your special girl, your best girl?" between Natalie and Grissom.
    They cut the face kissing by Natalie to Ernie Dell.
    They "cut" the outing of GSR in the interrogation room, and instead did it with the whole team (Well, we don't know if that was the way it was supposed to be, :lol:)

7. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I'll give a review tomorrow after work. there were things I like and things I didn't. One thing for now, I loved how gris talked to Natalie.

Off to bed.

8. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Wow, that was, um, bad. That was, um, really bad. I don't know if I was disappointed or bored with this episode. Ok, so they can't put out a winner every season finale, but this was just atrocious. Ok, so we got a lot of background on the Miniature Killer, but this just seemed so uneventful. Also, it was kind of weird seeing Jay Johnson with a creepy doll like that. He is actually a really funny ventriloquist, and it was kind of weird seeing him trying to creep you out rather than make you laugh.

9. hui

hui Hit and Run

I love to see the screenshot of their faces! Any kind soul?

Ah, cliff hanger for S7.. guess we can only wait :)

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

the terrible disadvantage of a cliffhanger that you have to wait so long to be resolved is that during the 4 month break many people will eventually get spoiled, voluntarily or not. no matter when they start filming it.

but, i have to give them credit for an amazing build up for a S8 premiere, lol. i mean, who's not gonna watch it?

what i'm wondering is how are they going to manage the aspect of time. normally new season means CSI's are in Fall too. so either it's gonna be a direct continuation, or they'll simply shift everything in time, and tell the story using flashbacks or something. although, yo, i want a direct continuation. period.

i was biting my nails all ep, and i wasn't bored at all. i liked the beginning slow pace of the storyline and the intense, quick and surprising ending. cuz it was surprising. i mean, who expected it NOT to end, lol.

i believe the writers did the best they could in a situation they were in (read: Jorja not coming to work) and still pulling off her survival. at least for now.

i think the answer to the question if she's gonna live or not, will depend on Jorja's negotiations for the next season. cuz right now, TPTB don't even know it themselves. i'm satisfied with the fact that it's not over and that they didn't kill her. actually, i'm pretty happy, cuz IMO if they wanted to kill her, they would do it already.

11. StellaMac

StellaMac Witness

I...I really don't know what to say. Except that CSI:NY totally raised the bar now. I really don't understand what went wrong with LV and Miami. I mean... I really don't. I'm going to have to calm down and come back later.

I think they just should kill off Sara and move on already. Never liked her in the first place, so killing her off is no biggy.

In conclusion:
    CSI:Miami finale = disappointment
    CSI:LV finale = FTW???
    CSI:NY finale = Fucking AWESOME A+++++

12. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I really enjoyed tonight episode. And I suprised myself by guessing that the TMK was a woman! LOL

I loved Brass today. When Sarah cell phone rang and he saw it was Grissom he didn't seemed suprised at all, then that took me to last weeks episode where Brass and Cathrine where talking and she suggests that he knows something about Lady Heather and Grissom and says something about I know something much more juicier. heehee.

And then when they grab TMK he suggest pouring bleach on her until she talks and comments that it can't be police brutality.

As for the TMK herself, it boils down to pure jealous and everytime she smelled bleach it took her back to what she had done. In one way you sort of feel sorry for her, she felt so unloved.

I freaked out when they showed the scene where she had cut Grissom's throat I was like NO! And it turned out to be her (at least that's what I'm thinking)fantasying.

As for Fox this isn't the first time she's done this according to the tvguide she did the same thing. If she doesn't return I don't think it will hurt the show. Now don't get me wrong I'll miss her the character is very complex and interesting.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Now we have how many months till the new season cause I just ran out of shows to watch. :(

13. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Really dissapointing for me ... 10 seconds of Greg , and that stupid cliffhanger ... arghhhh

14. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

im freaking out way too much to even comment right now. i was spoiled rotten and i was still biting my nails and sqealing every twist and turn, loved the finale, and i have to disagree with the CSINY (i liked it, but meh, too mcguyvery for me, i dunno..making a pipe bomb with a bunch of cuts of duct tape and lasers and wires...total flashback to the 80's for me...i started laughing hysterically and everything. sorry, off topic)

but yeah, im definatley going to have to watch this one a few dozen times. that for sure wasnt JF under the car which means at least some of the rumors are true. i loved natalies character, played perfectly! we got the bat!shit grissom we were anticipating, i wouldve loved to see more brass, but yeah, excellent job save for the TBC :) i cant wait for S8!!

15. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Im gonna dd on to what I said before, I don't understand why they didn't go two hours. I mean, they replayed Fallen Idols after this episode. There was no suspense as the identity of the Mini Killer, as that was the plot the entire season. We all just wanted to know who it was. I say, the first hour at the very end reveal it is a female. And the second hour looking for Sara. I think that would have been outstanding. They dropped the ball on this one, but hopefully they make up for it come Sept.