Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. celtess

celtess Rookie

OMG it's most wonderfull episode af csiny
    I love DL I love this attack from the lab
    and poor Danny
    OMG It's almost episode of al csi (LV et miami) I've see
    THX NY youre the best show!!!!

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I thought this ep was non-stop excitment (almost like the movie Die Hard) and I was on the edge of my seat. THis was the best finale or maybe episode ever! I really enjoyed it (unlike the CSIMiami finale which bored me to tears).

I knew Danny and Linsey would get together, ever since she joined the cast. This relationship has been fun to watch because (unlike some other couple on CSI) they actully have chemisty and they look cute together.

3. dstined4gr8ness

dstined4gr8ness Police Officer

Sorry about the double post, but i just thought i'd throw my two cents in here about the finale.

A. Flack+ black tshirt= drool. Seriously.

B. Wet mac= drool.

C. I must really credit the writers with the crappy dialogue. i mean 75% of the time stella talks, i'm like 'duh!' "i have a bad feeling about this mac." Ya think? *idiots*

D. I ship D/L to the moon and back. Though i get where you are coming from on the whole 'i like you' to hawt secks on the pool table thing, i also think that it is important to remember that in the past 4 eps Anna has had a light role, mostly i'm sure, because she just had a baby. For her to have had a more profound role would have been a little weird and would have changed the whole storyline. (again just imo). Also, i adored the playing pool scene. It reminded me of the Season 2 lindsay i loved before the writers screwed her up.

E. Danny is friggin awesome. i mean he used his SHIELD for a splint. *sigh*

F. Hawkes. Rocks. There are no words to describe how i love this character.

G. Sid. ROFL. The hat, the paper, the nonchalant comments on the rain. If he doesn't get a spot in the opening credits, there is no justice in the world.

overall i thought it was the best finale i've seen in a while. a LONG while. next month is the premiere, right?

4. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Okay, I had the same thought even as a Lindsay fan - She was completely useless. Still, it was her day off basically, so, why would she be at the lab? It makes sense to why she wasn't in the episode very much, simply because she didn't have to be at work because Danny took her spot, which was the basis of the story line. Had she gone in, she would've been useful, and Danny would've been useless.

5. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

THIS EPISODE EFFING ROCKED!!!

...okay, sorry for the all caps there but, I loved this episode. I mean, Adam and Danny being trapped (amazing), Stella kicking ass (double amazing), Mac in a tight black t shirt (triple amazing)...it's the best season finale ever. That's all I can say.

Why can't every episode be as good as this.

So long season three. I can't believe it's ALREADY over.

...whaaaaaaaa, now I'm sad. :( :( :( What am I gonna do all summer?! :(

6. sarakanne

sarakanne Dead on Arrival

For all of you who "wished" they had recorded this over the top finale, I can highly recommend a TiVo. No, I don't work for the company but I have never had to worry about missing my favorite shows and more IMPORTANTLY, I do not have to watch commercials. I am so glad that I will be able to go back and watch this great finale again and if I want to, I can save it.

One thing I do not understand about these forums is all of the opposition towards CSI: NY's Peyton and the Marisol storyline on CSI: Miami. My God, don't the characters of Mac and Horatio deserve a girlfriend??

7. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Not to be too off-topic but I agree with sarakanne. The lead men deserve to get laid, at least for once. I mean, even tough chiefs of police get their vacations as well.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, but they could have given her something to do--she was about as important to the plot as Sid and Peyton--stand around to be present, but not really do anything important.

I don't know where I would have stuck her, but I would have given her something to do. The main characters shouldn't be treated like recurring characters in the finale.

9. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

I Agree that they do well with girlfriends, but the way TPTB introduced er and the way TPTB have continued to portray Peyton is very needy. Also, I totally agree with whoever said she was emotionally blackmailing Mac. I mean, maybe if she had approached him and not ALREADY bought the tickets, but as it was..... it was just way too clingy, and some other words I can't think of. Personally I like Mac better alone than with her, though I have no objection to him having a girl.

That said, I will repeat what pretty much everybody said about this episode. IT. ROCKED. Seriously, every year when finale time comes around I think "it'll be good, but it CAN'T possibly be as good as last year" and every year it's better. NY episodes haven't been riveting all season (though they haven't been bad either), but this was definitely good enough to keep me a fan (and more, an addict!). A+ and kudos to the writers and actors. Fantastic.

Hawkes was sooo cool. Have we ever seen that side of him? We said this last season too, but we absolutely need to see more of him. He does dangerous very...... sexy :devil:

D/L, am I the only person on this board that has no feelings whatsoever about those two? Seriously, that was an honest question. Though I will say that I hope they don't turn it into a soap opera (knock on wood).

I liked first season Flack better. It's all about the hair baby. I think it's a great improvement when they don't stick him in those "my eyes they're blinded!!!!" ties. But what's up with his job description? Does it change weekly or something?

Mac, *drools* I'm a total Mac fan, 'nough said. [​IMG]

10. Teelie

Teelie Dead on Arrival

CSI: Die Hard was a surprisingly good episode. I was expecting it to be a mediocre finale after what we had with Miami but they didn't disappoint here.

11. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

I like Peyton, I like her with Mac. I don't see the "needy" and "clingy" and "weepy" that keeps getting tossed around here. Her buying the ticket ahead of time - she knows Mac, knew that if she appoached him about a vacation, she'd get "sure, we can plan one" and it would never materialize. All she did was make the vacation concrete. I suspect that Mac, if he really didn't want to go, wouldn't go, even if there was a ticket already purchased, and I assume that Peyton would know that. (And, I think that he was in fact on the verge of telling her that he couldn't go when the "gas" leak was discovered and they evacuated.)
    I like Mac much better this season than from what I've seen of him in the past. The relationship with Peyton feels real and Mac feels more real also - less automaton and more human.

This was an excellent episode and an amazingly great end to the season.

12. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

No opposition, from me! I adore Peyton (didn't think I would in the beginning, but I was wrong) and I agree with whomever said that she brings out a whole new side of Mac that we haven't been privy to, before. Yeah, she was a bit needy with the whole vacation thing, but I think she figured Mac would hem & haw about taking 10 whole days off (and she was right, he did at first :lol:) and she pulled out all the stops - including a bit of emotional manipulation - because she really, really wanted him to come with her (can't say I haven't done something similar at some time or another :lol:). Hell, I can't blame her - they've been dating a year, they're obviously deeply in love (IMO), and she simply wants the man's company while she's toodling around England doing the work speech obligations. Her wheedling didn't really bother me at all - possibly though because I'm a Peyton Fan. ;)

13. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, that was a great finale for sure.

I think any flaws in how much or how little the actors/characters had to contribute was due to the writers trying to pack SO much into 42 minutes of air time. That could've been a two-hour finale with a little more depth for everyone. That for me is why the ending felt a little rushed and unfinished.

Overall, I thought it was great!

First off, I got no problems really with Peyton - I don't think the writers gave her much to DO in this episode. MOREOVER, I think they basically used her to set up a possible lead in to Season 4 - I mean, c'mon, an ex-Irish terrorist who was "protecting someone else" involved with the murder of an FBI agent, whom Mac has sworn to track down, and now Mac is going to London? Gee folks...kinda, sorta, maybe?

I thought Sid and his hat were fun. I thought Flack in something other than a suit and tie was VERY nice, and that Mac in Wet Black was also VERY VERY nice. I'm still indifferent to Danny/Lindsay, but, I got no beef with Mac & Peyton, so I'll try to give no S*** to people for their prefs in pairings. Hawkes was great, nice to see him in more of an action role. Poor Adam, but at least as the "red-shirted crewman" of the show for now, he survived the episode, and will hopefully have some better parts in shows next season as a result of his trauma outside the lab.

Definitley better than CSI:Miami,; we'll see how LV does with the miniature killer finale. But for me, NY has risen to the forefront of CSI show this season.

I'm definitely looking forward to next season with more hope than I did prior to seeing the finale. A+ :cool:

14. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

I, too, have no feelings whatsoever about D/L, but as long as I can see shirtless and cute and hot and sexy Danny, I won't complain. Although I honestly think if it was Angell there, the amusement of that scene would be same, if not better.

Also, I, too, am a diehard Mac fan, so if he's happy, i am happy. I mean, I totally understand why people criticize the Leading Role's girlfriend, everyone got opinions on what kind of girlfriend he deserves to have and what she should and should not do, and to which standard.

All the supports and understanding and care and love Peyton gave Mac during the whole season can be ignored as those were what she supposed to do as the Lead's girlfriend. But if anything seems not right, either she talked too much, or she cried, or she cared too much, or she should care more but seems she didn't or whatever...even things happened under certain circumstances and were not entirely unreasonable, she's doomed.

IMHO, I think this is a bit unfair.

Don't get me wrong, I also found the ticket thing was uncomfortable, probably bacause the look on Mac's face was uncomfortable, but, is that such a big deal? After all the things the man was going through, she just wanted to make him happy and relax a bit. Yeah, she should've done it in a better way, a perfect way, a less aggressive and more submissive way. I am not sure whether this is a hint of "I wanted to make this work so badly that I forced you into doing sth messy for you" (3x11, remember?).

Anyway, I am glad Mac has her around during this season, because she did make Mac a happier man.

15. demor215

demor215 Prime Suspect

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this but I thought Hawkes' trick with backing the truck up to the exit door and trapping the bad guys was so COOL!!

As far as Peyton and Mac, I agree with whoever said they like what this relationship has brought out in Mac. Gary is the reason I started watching CSI: NY, having been a Gary fan for a very long time, and I love how his character has evolved. They finally gave him a personality and got that stick out of his butt this season and I think it's great. I was all prepared to hate Peyton, and during the first episode I didn't like her at all, but she won me over with the coin toss on the autopsy room with Sid. I love her now.