~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Finch, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

erm, the sudbury nickel? :lol: or do they have to be 'natural wonders'? maybe the place with all the dino bones, i dont know if its pretty but its cool. and if the glaciers dont melt by the time of voting i think we have some nice glaciers :lol:

2. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I hate the summer :( well i love it but i hate Mr. Golden Sun.

I went on a feild trip yesterday (i went boating and it was so fun!!) but since my friend kept slashing me my sun screen got washed off and i am left with a big burn all up my arm with major famers tan. I have the short sleeve rim and one side of my arm is red and the other is white (i'm a very pale person) and i look like a freak. People kept wanting to see my arms :lol:

3. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Gah, I hate farmer tan. :mad: I don't think I've worn a shirt with sleeves outside during the summer for about 5 years. I went rollerblading ONCE this year, and ended up with stupid tan lines half-way up my shins. Although I got a decent tan just from driving for 7 hours yesterday. :lol: Kicky, you should take a picture of your arm and post it. :lol: Or not, whatever. But you can be like "Ha! I rule the sunburnz! Beat that!" :lol:

As for the seven wonders... hmmm, that's a toughie. Because there's so many different types of scenery and whatnot spread over such a large area. It's like "Ok, so forests, those are pretty cool. Let's add them to the list. Oh, and all the lakes. They can be number 2. And mountains. And prairie. And tundra." Sorta like... there's not just specific places that are awesome, but the whole landscape of the entire country is a wonder of its own. *sounds like a travel brochure*

4. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol yes, lets just make tourism canada all pay us commission or something...i like that idea :D

that place with all the dinosaur bones? do you mean drumheller, ab (the town with the royal tyrell museum) or dinosaur provincial park (the actual site where a lot of the bones are found...and it has all those cool hoodoos!)

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ok, so theres a new show on global tonight that im uber excited for. they filmed the exteriors at my university (guelph) and the sets they built in toronto were made to look like the guelph lecture rooms and dorms. but, they are setting the show in massachusetts. this is kind of mean becuase its produced by canadians for a canadian station (will be shown in the us in a few months) so why cant it be set in canada? im still going to watch it, i want to see how much it looks like guelph!

6. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

^
    ^
    The name of the show would be a great help, maple :lol: :p

7. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

Okay, did my duty. Went out and voted in the provincial election then went out and did my other duty, bought an Ice Cap from Tim's. Feeling VERY Canadian today. Now that my favourite shows are over (CSI's, Scrubs and The Office), I will have to go out and enjoy our very short Manitoba summer. Hello mosquitoes................

8. allmaple

allmaple Judge

oh, sorry my dear :lol: its called 'the best years' about an orphan girl who is at university on full ride scholarship. one of the people from degrassi, the producer or something, is doing this show too. its on global at 10 tonight. i think they filmed mostly on the north campus so the building i lived in or had classes in are probably not going to be on. should be fun though.

9. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol canadian duties...i had iced caps over the weekend:) hehe. one of those new chocolate mint ones...yummy! as for enjoying the short summers in alberta, well between classes of the first college year still going on, and the job(s?) ill be getting after that who knows if i'll have time to enjoy it but i'll definitely try!!

10. CSIfamily

CSIfamily Dead on Arrival

Re: Canadian Thread #4

Kewl a Canadian thread..I feel so at 'home" here :)

I live in Rural Eastern Ontario, my biggest excitement of the day so far I was on the lawn tractor and noticed my neighbours cow just gave birth..got to see the little guy stand up for the first time (has aww that is so cute face)

Saw the birth have mixed feelings, always a joy to see a birth like that, always makes me sad knowing they are destined to be "shipped to McDonald's" as my neighbour calls in :(

It is tough to be a vegetarian out here, but we manage (well the girls and I anyway, my husband loves his tasty meat)

We grow our organic veggies and have an Animal Sanctuary for abused/strayed animals.

My closest Timmy's is nearly 25 minutes away (too far) but the peace and tranquililty makes it more bearable.

We get one channel of TV out here so thank goodness it is CTV with CSI!

Anyway thought I would just introduce my Canadian self

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Welcome CSIfamily! Great to have you here :)
    *hugs fellow Manitoban* I haven't voted yet. I have to say, I'm not really liking any of my options at the moment, which makes it hard to choose one :lol:

As for summer... *looks out window* I think not. Although, it is better today than it has been for the last few days, so I shouldn't complain.

12. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol welcome to the canadian thread CSIfamily :)

ok so you know its summer in canada when the CFL flags start replacing the NHL flags on the cars (ive seen lots of Eskimos flags already!) and people start driving with the top down on their convertables (well the convertables come out of winter storage) when its only 13* outside, lol!

13. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

Big hug back to you Dragonflydreamer......yeah, weather not so great is it. Hi CSIfamily........huge animal lover here too!!!!! I use to be a vegatarian but when I got pregnant with my first child I started eating some meat...I actually ate baloney (ick, that is not even real meat, weird cravings or what!!!)
    I know you all are CSI fans but I am a newbie, what other shows do you guys enjoy.......I'm obsessed (in a healthy way ;)) with Scrubs and The Office. My favourite CSI is New York. And I am the worst Canadian mom ever because I am soooo glad my oldest son is finished hockey for this year!!!!!.....and I'm probably older than all of you. :eek:

14. CSIfamily

CSIfamily Dead on Arrival

Thanks for the warm welcome fellow canucks!

D2400 I am 38 (feel ancient on this board!!) My girls are 9 and 12.

Our Sanctuary is for "special medical need" dogs only, and we take in all kinds of strayed cats. If you go to my profile our Sanctuary website is there.

Lots of hard work but they are so worth it! (We just had a dog come in that needed heart surgery at the age of 6 months..he is doing great now since having the balloons inserted into his valves!)

As for other shows, well since we only get one channel out here I am limited. I do like Criminal Minds and Law and Order. My favourite actor is Keanu Reeves (man he is hot in the Matrix!)

Sens fever is quite high in my area..my husband is a hockey nut so some years I am thankful when hockey season is over (now am I a bad Canadian or what!!!)

Mosquito's are biting like crazy tonight..I almost forgot about that summer time perk urrgg.

I am so thrilled about this thread, and thank you all again for the nice welcome!

15. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol yeah hockey season is almost over (for the pros anyways) and im cheering for the sens too :)

and the great thing about summer is the awesome farmers markets that open up!! if anyone has ever been to the Strathcona Farmers Market in Edmonton, they know what i mean :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.