Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^No destiny was dashed, so either that's coming next season or was just a red herring (or a reference to their brief separation in the finale when Danny was held hostage).

2. privatename

privatename Rookie

I completely agree. Although I thought my opinion might be tainted by the fact that I really don't like Peyton at all.

I don't really see that Peyton did anything to find Mac. She repeatedly tried her cell phone and told Sid to call from a landline. She just seemed like an overly twitchy and irritating ferret or something to me -- "where is he oh where is he oh where is that man o' mine?" Enough already! We get you are worried. Those precious moments spent on her scenes could have been better spent with any of the other scenes.

Granted there wasn't too much she could do and, as I said above, I am fully aware that my dislike of Peyton probably colored the scene for me. But, to me I didn't need to see her all nervous and angsty quite as much as we did. Obviously, other people had other takes on her scenes.

3. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

i loved this finale i think that it was definatley better then Miami and i agree with some of you that Peyton is kind of annoying
    i think that maybe she is trying to control Mac's life
    i loved that they showed Danny and Linds doing it! they should do that in Miami
    it was so suspensful i was about to yank my pillow in half!
    and when Hawkes was running out of the garage like that all wet i sais to myself"God please help me!"
    and Mac wet too man this was a really good episode
    but i wonder of they will show Mac in London next season?
    I think that its A++++++++++++++++++++ :D

4. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Man! Was Lindsay totally useless in this episode or what? Her only purpose seemed to be feeling guilty because Danny traded shifts with her and became a hostage in her place. Oh, yeah, and getting Danny naked. :rolleyes: Was it really necesary to show that? They woke up naked on the pool table together! I think it's pretty clear what happend. Like another poster pointed out, it really felt more like they were having sex because they were drunk instead of because they were "in wuv." So much for desitiny dashed... Lindsay could have been completely removed from the story without hurting it in the least.

On to the positives! Which thankfully there are many.

Poor Adam and Danny! *CRINGES* Those scenes looked painful. I have to say, I love the way Danny kept shooting his mouth off as he got the tar beat out of him. That's the Danny Messer I know and love! I'm glad Adam was able to show courage and run in front of Flack's men to keep them from shooting the cops. The poor lab geek is going to need some serious therapy after this.

Action Hero Hawkes! My favorite scene in the enire series so far is when he threatened that guy with the bone saw and locked him in the cooler. :lol: Hawkes rules! :cool:

Between the sprinkler system and the explosion, there's going to be a lot of tainted evidence. Will we see any consequences of this next season? And wouldn't Mac get into trouble for setting the bomb in the first place?

No fair getting mad at Peyton! She had no way of knowing what was going on. It's not her fault she had lousy timing. Cut the poor woman some slack, will ya? At least she convinced me that she was truly concerned about Mac, unlike Lindsay, who had to make everything about her, but I'm getting negative again.

A- I had to take points off for the(very)unnessary sex scene.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

You know, if you thought AJ Buckley did a fantastic job as Adam in the finale, you could always clicky my banner and check out the fan project we're doing for him. :D Or you could check out the thread in this forum that has information about the project (including an alternative way to participate). :D

[/fan project pimpage] :)

6. Fan123

Fan123 Hit and Run

The CSI New York team has found itself in "Snow Day" What a foretaste of the things to come. Gary out of his coma and Danny back - what a springboard for Season 4. Rock on CSI NY - time to come into your own. No more spin off status for you!

7. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Well, I just got through watching it and ......Holy Moly!!!

Mac, still got it in spades, what a man....as for the wet t shirt show...we could do with a bit more a that.

Melina played her part convincingly, she ain't my favourite but she did well and more than held her own next to Gary.

I don't ever wanna meet Sheldon with a bone saw.....Hill impressed me last night, he's still got a way to go to completely win me over, but he's well on his way.

Hmm, which is more than can be said for Ms. Monroe, flat, lifeless, seemingly unaffected was all I saw. Seriously if ya'd just done the dirty with Danny, you'd be going nuts at his predicament and the state of him. She just looked bleh.

Now, Peyton, I still can't stand the accent but she impressed me. I really thought she pulled off the worried sick, I'm goin' outa my mind. Even when ordering tea, she still looked like she didn't know what to do cause her Mac was in deep shit. I liked the end bit, the way she bomber over to Mac and threw herself at him, hanging on for dear life. That's what someone who'd been worried out of their minds would have done, not blame herself and turn it into the Lindsey guilt trip, but just hang on and not let go.

Danny and Adam....ay ay ay ay I never thought they were gonna beat on Adam so bad..........I half expected Fay to come running into the picture and execute an altogether more pleasurable kidnap.

Carmine and AJ ......can't praise them enough, the emotion, the panic, the total convincability of their acting was wonderful.

Flack my darling, gotta say the casual look is vereee nice. I thought the episode cold have stood a lot more of Flack, but, I'll take what I can get. He's just got to start getting aggressive with Ms. Monroe and shove her outa the way to get to his Danny....A+ gotta be.....

8. peanut

peanut Prime Suspect

Yes, I noticed. It's why I thought they were being such dorks. Who does that when bad men are in their lab? Only dorks....

Excellent pimpage. ;) Listen to her, people! :p

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

OK I know some people dislike D/L but I loved the scenes especially Danny's waking up techniques!!!

Mac- Yes marine macs back!!! Lets hope for a little less of that Mac we have had for the past few weeks in season 4. I liked the scene where he wrote on the man's head and then himself and stella set up that bomb. I can't beleave (well I can actually) that he has never had a full week off work!!!!Last but not least... Wet black t-shirt :)

Stella- Girl power.. Stella and an automatic gun and nearly knocking someone out with a microscope!!!! I loved her face at the end when she smiled at Mac and Peyton :)

Hawkes- We don't see much of him and his personal life (well we didn't see much of him in the final either) but I thought he played a good part in the ep.

Lindsay- Unfortually she didn't participate in the final as much as I would have thought but oh well. However I laughed when she was rushing for work even though she didn't have to!!

Flack- I loved Flack in casual clothes but it was wierd not seeing him in a suit. I felt sorry for him when he was talking about the man tht he killed!! :(

Danny- Poor danny another victim *yawns*!!! However he was the hero in the warehouse even though he could only use one hand!!

Adam- Finally he gets an important role but those burns on his hands :mad: Nasty kidnappers!!! LOL

Sid- Loved his hat!! :lol:

Peyton- I think she brings out the best of Mac. It was really cute at the end when they were walking off together talking about their London trip ;)

10. justCSI

justCSI Police Officer

Totally agree. It was really and genuine. It wasnt her fault. I love her to pieces. She's the reason I loved this season so much. She added something. But I have a feeling that this trip to London is Peyton's way "out", which I hate. I believe that Peyton and Mac have something special...I heart them.

The whole episode was so great. I loved it.

A.

11. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I'm kinda a hardcore miami fan but this episode really is the best from all three csi's. wow! deep respect!

I was wondering in what epi that fbi agent got killed. Anyone?

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I believe that the FBI agent was from "Sweet Sixteen," right? Maybe not? *tries to think*

Hehe. There would have been furry handcuffs in my kidnapping plot. :devil:

13. csiviper

csiviper Witness

Words can't describe the season finale, I literally couldnt get out of my seat, I was hypnotized.
    Danny/Lindsey shippers, I see your point (HOT).
    If Mac could just get rid of Peyton life in CSI NY would be so much easier, and if he would get with Stella then that would be the BEST THING IN THE HISTORY Of the world.
    This was a FANTABULOUS Episode filled with Sex, drugs, Mac(sexyness), action, adventure, romance.
    AHHHHHHHHHHH BEST EPISODE OF ALL SEASONS OF CSI.

P.S. Mac looked so sexy all wet and in his kickass mode, and my beautiful Stella also kicked ass, LOVE THEM.

14. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i hope there will be an aftermat of what happened in the next season. with what happened to danny and adam and the city being on mac's back this season...it should make for a very interesting season

15. dstined4gr8ness

dstined4gr8ness Police Officer