Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

I guess most of us are mad that AD lied about the H almost dies part. There are some people still thinking it's a possibility fpr s6 premiere but I seriously doubt it. I think she just said it to try get ratings up and that sucks.

But like Tati said, the writers love H/Y too so I don't think they's mess with that.

I can't comment on s5 as I haven't watched it yet, but I rather enjoyed s4, mostly cos I was going througha rough patch at time it was aired locally and it was welcome relief from reality for me. Except the Marisol part.

But I knew right from the start even in s1, as katpin mentioned, that Miami was a spin-off meant to be liberal with reality and be more like OTT. Still I expect some continuity which I think is more or less there. But as I mentioned I can't remember in which thread, I watch the show mainly for H (and H/Y) and the eye candy it offers to me. So I don't expect much from the plot, so I guess if you don't expect much then you don't get disappointed so easily. In short I love the show still and I don't have much grouses about it, except again the Marisol fiasco. That's my two cents worth.

Anyways, updated my fic. Link below:
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Ca...ID=#Post1188079

2. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

Yes, but TV drama is an umbrella too large to make any meaningful comparison. It's like comparing Harry Potter to Lady Chatterley's Lover simply because they are novels. Or, to be more specific, it's like faulting Harry Potter because there's a lack of explicit sex in the books. :lol:

Hrockz - I agree with what you just said, and I like your icon. :) Is Miami the best show ever? Absolutely not, but I'll still take a mediocre scripted show over the best of reality TV.

3. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

:confused: That makes little sense to me. Maybe we should let the Emmy Academy (and numerous others) know that they have been getting it all wrong for years! ;)

The CSI shows, BSG and House are all adult TV dramas. Of course people are going to compare them.

4. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

The Emmys and all other awards are not a comparison. People vote based on which episode, actor, scene, etc. exemplifies that TV show, that genre, etc. Note: when the awards are presented, it doesn't say "the best is..." They don't fault a show because it doesn't incorporate aspects of another show.

People make comparisons to things unrelated all the time. It doesn't mean the comparisons themselves are noteworthy. Example: a chef who has very precise way of cooking can be called a Nazi in the kitchen. That doesn't mean the chef is Nazi-like or that a comparison between the chef and Hitler is warranted or of any value. Hence, it's usually a hyperbole and not to be taken at face value.

Congratulations if you love House or BSG. I'm not saying they're horrible shows. Only that CSI:M is a different kind of show and so it would be silly to expect the same kinds of arcs and development from it. Pusher mentioned a show's formula, but BSG's formula is not the same as House's or any of the CSI's. It's all about finding something that works within the sub-genre and within that TV show's realm. And I don't believe anyone has proven that Miami hasn't done that.

I've never said the show is perfect - I don't believe that. But it's still within the realms of what is acceptable and expected on a show of this nature. Some of the choices made aren't fantastic, we all agree on that, but is it really worth the animosity some have given it? I don't think so.

It's certainly not warranted in the context of the H/Y ship, where the scenes are by and large sophisticated and feel real. Obviously, others disagree. To say the least, lol! I too wish we had had more H/Y this season, but oh well.

Hopefully, the producers have had the good sense to contract SM for season 6 so that they don't have to work around her schedule. :)

5. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

From your perspective maybe, but not from the perspective of some fans. I don't think it is very respectful to imply other posters are silly to think a certain way, just because they don't see things the way you do. Time to agree to disagree and move on.

6. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

I wasn't saying that the other posters are silly. Indeed, I think that, by taking the time to write out long written replies to their arguments, I have shown that I take what they say very seriously and respectfully. What would be silly is, say, expecting House to randomly take out sunglasses, say a one liner, and pose with a hummer. I don't mean silly as in stupid, but rather unrealistic. I should have made that more clear, I admit. No offense was meant to anyone - especially when I'm talking about Grissom in liquid latex in another thread. :lol:

I'm all for moving on. But if others continually bring the subject up, do I not have the right to discuss the subject as well? I expect that the the subject will become less frequently brought up as the season's over and there's no fuel to add to the fire (at the moment). And hopefully, next season will contain more scenes that appease everyone. :D Someone mentioned Horatio wet in another thread, and I think he/she has something there. ;)

7. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Well................I for one don't like to be told something just to drum up suspense only to be let down. I think if AD is gonna run her flap that something's gonna happen then we should expect that. Now, I understand that their are last minute changes but gee whiz here all the time? I told my husband I feel she's done what she's done just to get us to tune in. Put us on the edge of our seat so to speak. I don't want to think of Miami as a comic book show. I want it like it was S1-3. It wasn't comic book or fantasy then. If that's what it's been then maybe all of S4(except for a few eps) were nothing but fantasy. LOL Yes, the last three eps of S5 reminded me of S1-3 but, they get into such a big hurry to tie up stuff. Eric should've recuperated alot longer than he did. Ryan should've stayed fire longer than he did. If the show wants to deal with real world problems then it needs to act real itself. Not a fantasy or comic book. If I want comic book relief I'll read one. lol

8. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

I agree with you there. And I have no idea what happened with that. Like, sure, some spoiler sites are slow to fix their info, but wasn't it in TV guide a week before the show aired? Isn't there someone whose job it is to... you know, make sure stuff like that doesn't happen?

Agree with you 100% there. I don't think it's the ideas themselves that are bad, but rather this fear of going to far one way or the other. They worked really hard to set up both the Ryan and Eric stuff, and then made it go away just as quickly. Thankfully, they haven't done that yet with H/Y. And hopefully, it won't happen next season.

9. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well I was rewatching a few episodes from Season 2! So I figured I should post a picture for old times sake :)

[​IMG]

She was SOOOOO gonna kiss him on the mouth..

If he ever turns away again, I swear to god.. :devil:

10. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

^ We'll tie him down and let Y have her way with him! :devil:

Edit: Oh and lieueitak that Gris/latex conversation is pretty amazing, isn't it! ;) :lol:

11. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

great pic from S2 Kit brings back memories of them and why i really got involed with the show.

would like to thank everyone for last week things are kinda back to normal for me. Just found out that i'm going to be granma my son girlfriend 4 months pregnant

Kit hope ur friend comes back soon my thoughts are with you

12. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

I love Yelina's face in the second pic two that Kat4na posted... It's her "You know you can't help but love me" face lol

13. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Katpin, I have to agree with whoever posted that over at the DC Board. Hopefully, the new season might bring fresh hope. The canon needs to undergo some significant restoration!
    As our dear Rick would say, that's good advice. ;)

Thanks for the pics today Kit. Much appreciated. :)

14. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

This may not be quite a fair comparison in that post-S3 Miami is very like Pluto i.e. now designated to be unworthy to be placed on full planetary status with the more worthy e.g. House & BSG. With that said, there's always room for a new category of night time "TV Melodrama" for the likes of post-S3 Miami.

In the days of S1-S3 Miami, some of us did recognize even then that Miami as a whole, was several cuts below and never quite satisfying; however, the H&Y and H's storyarac at that time, more than made up for the glaring deficiencies, at least for some of the H&Y crowd. Entranced with H&Y, yes; Blinded to Miami, NO. It was our stance then and it is the stance now. As you said, it boils down to one's personal taste and subscription to the Pollyana approach.

Great pics. Thanks, Kit. :)

15. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Thanks about the ava comment, it's from 'Lost Son' when Speed died. Sad H... but it looks abit depressing don't you think?

Tati, love your banner! And the pic you posted, it's like "kiss him already!" Tying H up and letting Y have her way with him, now that's an idea. :devil:

Congrats HC on being a Grandma.

Yeah agreed, everyone will have differing opinions on everything including TV shows.

But I think one thing we can all agree is that the show needs more H/Y next season cos H/Y certainly makes the show better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.