Hill Harper/Sheldon Hawkes #2: He's Got Panties

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sydneycsi

sydneycsi Dead on Arrival

Hi there!
    I've been popping in from time to time reading, so I thought that it's about time I joined in.

I love love Hill Harper/Dr Sheldon Hawkes, he's a great actor/character I loved him in season 1 as an M.E, and when he moved out on to the field I thought it would be great, however I have been disappointed with the lack of screentime our favourite Doc has been given over the last two years, he had much more screentime and charisma as the M.E on season one than he has now and I HATE IT!

I know they've devoted a few episodes this season on him but come on, we need more than that I need to know more about him, his backstory yes I'm talking to you TPTB, Dr Hawkes is a great character and he's becoming quite forgettable even when he is on screen because of the limited time he is given.

In season one I always looked forward to seeing Dr Hawkes, mind you he was on screen talking about the victim/s on his table but sometimes that was the highlight of the ep.

To TPTB, please let us have more of Dr Hawkes I mean sure every now and then we are given little tidbits of info on him but, he needs more development and SCREENTIME!!!

2. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Welcome, sydneycsi! I agree. We definitely need more Hawkes! I'm still pissed that one of his big moments of the season was upstaged by Danny taking his shirt off. That's B.S. TPTB owe Hawkes.

3. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I was just thinking of Hill this weekend. I was watching my favorite movie with him in it: Lackawanna Blues. It's a travesty what Hawkes has (not) been put through this season and the last. I guess whining about it is going to do nothing...

You know, MrsG, he hasn't been completely emasculated this season; maybe we could do an emmy project for Hill next year if he gets some development? Any thoughts?

4. sydneycsi

sydneycsi Dead on Arrival

MrsGiovinazzo, I totally agree with you on that, I mean hey I'm all for Danny shirtless but when he does this during a pivotal moment in Hawkes scene it's just pathetic, I mean seriously do TPTB have rocks in their head?
    Hawkes deserves better than that.
    I've read the review of the season finale and I'm so glad that Hawkes was involved heavily I mean it's about damn time...

5. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

For someone who grew up watching horror flicks, I had quite a giggle watching Hawkes rise from the dead to sneak up on the mobster. :lol:

I also honestly thought Hawkes might actually slash the guy with the bone saw. I'm not sure if that was only because I was into the moment, but he seemed pretty pissed seeing Adam's ID around the guy's neck.

Think it might have just been me. :p

Though I am glad he had a bigger part in this episode. It was fun to watch Hawkes throw away his mild-manner, sophisticated ways and get down to business.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:D No, not just you. Hawkes was pissed. You don't mess with Adam. :D

I definitely enjoyed seeing this 'other side' to Hawkes--but it makes you wonder how he feels about acting the way he did. Dragging a dead body around, digging into his chest for the bullet, holding a bone saw to another guy's neck, etc. When he's not in the adrenaline rush of that situation, he might not be too happy with his actions...

7. MrsGiovinazzo

I'm all for doing anything to support Hill. The writers need to give Hawkes some storylines next season for that project to work, but I'll gladly coordinate anything to help Hill.

I loved seeing how much screen time he got last night! Yay! About f-ing time they give the man something to do. Hill did a great job and should be utilized so much more than he is.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I loved Hawkes in the finale last night! I was cracking up when he rose from under the sheet in the morgue--that was classic. :lol: And then when he got the guy with the bone saw--damn, Action Sheldon all the way! :D Hill was great last night. :D

9. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

...Happy Birthday Mr. Hill Harper!!!! :)

10. Top41

It's Hill's birthday? Happy birthday, Hill! :D :D :D

11. ebonygirl

ebonygirl Victim

It certainly is. Can't believe the guy is 41, definitely getting better with time. I was able to get myself an autographed copy of Hill's book in paper back during his time in Atlanta a week ago. He SIGNED MY NAME!! I had a friend go pick it up and get it signed, I was a couple of states away. I have pictures, but don't know how to link to them.

12. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Oohhh.... Happy Birthday Hill! 41 looks good on you.

13. Top41

Oh, awesome that Hill is still doing book signings! :D That's great! I hope you'll be able to see him in person at some point--he's a great speaker.

14. MrsGiovinazzo

Happy birthday, Hill!!! Like a fine wine, that man only improves with age.

Thanks for giving us the heads up on his birthday, Tish.

Ebonygirl - We'd love to see the pics! If you upload them to photobucket, they have a cool little url link you just cut and paste into your post here. We're certainly not adverse to drooling over Hill if you're so inclined as to hook us up with a little eye candy. :D

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HILL!

I think my mom would offer to jump out of Hill's wedding cake. She's got a taste for some sexual chocolate. :devil:

Of course, she might leap at him and our natural fangirl response would cause an all-out brawl to start. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.