Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I love the downright optimistic, idealistic view Flack has of the job he does. He's the kind of guy who can put his heart and soul into policework, but doesn't take it home with him. His basic perspective seems to be that you try your best, take what little thanks from people you get, and keep at it. Whereas Danny is more emotionally vulnerable and can't seem to distance himself from the job, Flack seems to recognize that you can't really do it expecting thanks or to fulfill a lack in yourself. I don't think Flack has that lack that Danny has though--Flack's confident and centered.

I love how he reacted when Sinclair and Gerrard implied that testifying the way they wanted him to would help him out professionally. Flack clearly doesn't play politics either--he's honest and tells the truth period, politicking be damned. I like that about him.

2. flacksgirl

flacksgirl Hit and Run

I thought I would reply about the whole notebook thing. Detectives all carry notebooks. It is the best way to keep track of all the info that they have to deal with. Some detectives carry a different notebook for each case. Some may fill the notebook and start a new one. The fact that his notebook was in what looked like a leather cover was probably a mistake. He may use the leather cover to protect his notebooks (we all know how found he is of leather) but it is a cover that can be removed and placed on a new notebook. The notebook he gave Mac shouldn't have still been in the cover. Remember when Flack asked for Moran's notebook it wasn't in a cover. The notebook even said "Police notebook" on it.

I agree with Top about Flack not playing the politics game but I do think he is very aware of the game. He may not play but when he gets mixed up in it he knows how to manauver his way through.

3. Top41

^Yeah, Flack is incredibly savvy, and he was completely aware of the fact that Sinclair and Gerrard were trying to manipulate him. And in the bar, Flack did say to Danny that Sinclair was gunning for Mac in an attempt to get a leg up in the race for Commissioner. Flack is very sharp, and not only does he not play politics, but he seems to know how to sidestep the game entirely, something Mac and Danny don't seem to do too well.

4. sydneycsi

sydneycsi Dead on Arrival

Hi there!
    This is probably off topic but I just wanted to say I love Flack, I hope he gets more screentime for next season. It's such a shame when he only gets minimal screentime but it does look like he will have a sufficent amount of screentime for the finale, but I need to know more about him, I mean we know he is sarcastic and sharp witted, has very little patience for criminals, loves and plays basketball, is passionate about his job and his fellow officers, but what about what he likes/dislikes, does he have a girlfriend?(and yes I'm volunteering!) his parents are they alive/dead? does he have siblings? after hours curriculum? I know I'm probably asking too much and that little things about him are revealed on the show but I need more more more damn it...
    I also love his scenes with Danny, Hawkes and Mac all very different but his interactions with them are always great.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hi sydneycsi, discussion of Flack is always welcome, so I wouldn't worry about being off topic. ;)

Flack is a great character and I too hope he has more screentime next season. I actually think he has really made the most of the screentime he has had, especially towards to back end of the season. His responses to Gerrard and Sinclair and his genuine belief in what he does has really helped to add to his character this season. I would like to see more of his back story, and of course his legendary father, but I feel that TPTB have blessed us with Danny and Flack in a bar, so I'll give them some respite before complaining too much about not seeing more of his back story. :lol:

Talking of the pool scene, Flack's interaction will all of his colleagues has been great this year, but the scene with Danny, the way they play off each other and the chemistry they have together, makes that scene one of the highlights of the season for me, and in my opinion one of Flack's best of the season. :)

6. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

I love Flack too and it is such a shame we don't know much about him. I really want to know more about his dad.

I do also love his sarcastic comments on the show, they always make me laugh. Or sometimes when he just doesn't have a clue what the CSI's are talking about.

Flack is by far my favorite character in the show. It would always be nice to know what makes Don Flack, Don Flack.

7. sydneycsi

Cheers to you flackie boo!
    I think Flack is by far the best character on the show, and I'm a huge Danny fan! but Flack with those sarcastic comments are really the highlight of the show for me,(Sid with those creepy comments is a close second I love him, ok back on topic) I look forward to each episode just to hear what funny/sarcastic comment he'll come with next.
    Flack just has the right mix of being funny/sarcastic when he needs to be and still deal with any dramas (former mentors, Mac Taylor, the department/lab with so much ease it's just a joy to watch him.

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hi All! Just popping by :)

I have to say, personally I love Flack's jovial side more than the seriousness that he gets stuck with. Eddie pulls off the jokes so well and when coupled with Danny/ HAwkes, we could just sit there for HOURS laughing at them (and im pretty sure some of you may just me staring at them cos...they're them!) :lol:

Hopefully TPTB gives Flack more..'happy'? roles? I want that jovial side to show up more!

9. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

I definitely agree that Flack is sharp and witty and brings a lot of humour to the show. He has such chemistry with the rest of the characters, it's always a pleasure to watch. Eddie has excellent timing and a perfect deadpan delivery. That said, I'd hate to see him relegated to the role of comic relief.

Characters, whose job is to just come in and drop a one-liner, often suffer from poor development and end up a bit one-dimensional. Eddie has put so much effort into creating a memorable and interesting character, despite often limited screen time, that it would be a shame if it wasn't exploited to the fullest. This season has provided some much needed development for Flack, but hasn't made his character depressing. Rather, it has highlighted his strength, his integrity and his loyalty to and affection for his friends. And even when things are a bit tough, he can still come up with a snarky comment, bless him. :)

Much as I love his wit, I'm glad they've given him something meatier this season. Long may it continue! I'm rather looking forward to Rambo!Flack in the finale. Hmmm, sexy ... :devil:

10. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I'm looking for that rambo-Flack also... That gotta be really hot!!

What it really made Flack be himself is those funny lines he has in all the episodes, he can be serious about anything and the next minute be making jokes, but always with good sense and in the right place. Let me remeber that 'John Doe' or 'Houdini' moments in this season, where he definitely breaks the atmosphere just to make laugh someone.

No doubt, the best moment for Flack in this season is the bar scene with Danny in the las episode. There he goes from telling his 'conspiracy theory' to the funny moment when he comments maybe they are doing thet job because they are lousy in everything else (I'm not sure if that is correct, New York accent and my bad english are not a good combination :p)

11. Angel725

Angel725 Civilian

I love Flack!!!

12. sydneycsi

mmmm Flack baby yeah!! We always knew he could KICK ASS..
    I definately agree that sharp and witty Flack is when he is at his best but Rambo Flack, I'm definately down with that..
    and Flack in SWAT like clothes more,more,more I say.

13. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

loved Flack in the finale. I have just been happy with Flacks amount off screentime in general lately. Hopefully he will be on screen this much and even more in season 4!

14. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I am absolutely devistated! I missed the season finale last night (or I was informed that it was the season finale, all I really know is that missed it) T_T
    New point, about the picutre that was posted by alisonn last week. Does anyone here watch Heros? Because he really looks like Zachary Quinto (Sylar) in that picture...strange because Sylar's a bad guy and Flack's not. *sigh* I need to get more sleep.
    He's such a sweety, I love him! :D *squee* And Flack in SWAT cloths, *faints* that's just hot.

15. Top41

Flack and Syler look a little bit alike, but only a little. I do see it though!

OK, I figure this is the best place to ask it, but does it seem to anyone else that Flack and Lindsay don't like each other? I noticed he didn't even look at her when he told her Danny didn't sound good when they were outside the warehouse, and then when they went in and rescued Danny, Lindsay got between Danny and Flack and said she'd take care of Danny when Flack suggested medical attention. I notice they're kind of short with each other--what do you guys think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.