Adam/AJ: Lab Geeks Can Be Hot

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athens

athens Coroner

Thank you mercy :)!I don't watch Bones but his role must have been really different to Adam's!

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I re-watched the episode with my mom tonight. You could tell that Dan (AJ, doncha know?) had some problems, but I honestly never thought he'd be the killer. It seemed too...everybody pointed at Dan, ya know? Even looking at the MySpace accounts beforehand, I could tell that Carly would die and Dan would be the (innocent) suspect.

Not that AJ wouldn't play the bad guy (thinks of "Crow's Feet" and his episode of "The District" and "Walking Tall 2" and so on...), I just didn't think he was guilty this time, and I was right. :)

However, I loved his little role on there. The scene where he finds out his wife is dead and is crying? *wibble* And then when he's pissed about Booth and Brennan coming in and accusing him of murdering his wife? *wants to snorgle him...and then waggle a finger at him for thinking Booth wouldn't kick his ass*

But anyway, er, that's enough about that. :D

*ogles the prettiful pictures*

3. Faylinn

First of all, a reminder that there are only two weeks left to send in a submission for the AJ fan project. Don't miss out, guys! (I made a post in the fan project thread here, so check it out if you haven't already. I also suggested something you can do even if you don't want to make a scrapbook page.) :)

Ok, back to business.

I finally watched the episode of "Without a Trace" that AJ was in. *snorgles him* He did such a good job with the part, and it shows me that he's definitely a versatile actor. He was very believable as the intimidated brother, and you had to feel bad for him. *pet pet* I also wanted to yell at the FBI agents for commenting that he'd only gotten the addresses of the buildings that he'd followed his sister-in-law to--come on, guys, give him a break! :lol: I mean, he definitely narrowed your search down. ;)

Anyway, just as a little afterthought:

[​IMG]

:D

4. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

has anyone seen the episode of Supernatural that AJ was in, he was great in that episode. That is definately one of my favorite episodes of that show.

5. Faylinn

No, unfortunately. :( I saw part of it, but I wish I could have seen the whole thing. Hopefully they'll play it as a re-run in the not-too-distant future. ;)

[​IMG]

6. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

You could always rent the season one dvd's too, because I don't think I've seen an episode from season one on tv in a LONG time.

If you did rent I think it would be disc five. The episode is caled Hell House..

7. Faylinn

Oh, was it season 1? Hehe, I didn't know that, I thought it was more recent. :lol:

*jots down a note to go to Blockbuster* :p

8. Faylinn

AdamAdamAdamAdamAdam! *flail*

Have I ever mentioned that I adore AJ? He did such a phenomenal job in "Snow Day," and I'm interested in where they'll take his character next season.

As far as I'm concerned, there isn't a single question of Adam being back next season. :D

9. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

Poor, baby. :(

I doubt he'll ever want to leave the security of his lab again. I also hope this doesn't set him back. He's worked so hard to feel like part of the group and then he gave them up. Granted it was a life or death situation, but I wouldn't be surprised if guilt crops up some time in Season Four.

...And I just realized it's been ages since I dropped in on this thread. I've neglected it. :eek:

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

If TPTB stay true to the character, I'd expect we'll see some guilt carry over to S4, especially since the lab got blown up. I don't think anyone will harbor any bad feelings toward him, though. Danny and Stella were present when he mentioned his dad was a bully, and Danny saw how scared and traumatized he was. He even admitted to Adam that he was scared as well; I think as a way to try and calm him. The guy's an awkward lab geek who rarely even goes in the field, and he was tortured very badly. Those cigarette burns looked really damn deep and large. I don't think anyone would be harsh on him for giving up the info. because he was scared for his life. At least I hope TPTB wouldn't go that route because I think it would be out of character for anyone to blame him.

ETA: I would think that Mac would be sympathetic as well, being a former marine who has seen combat and probably at least witnessed torture.

11. Faylinn

Yeah, the thing about torture--it wasn't a question of whether they'd get the info, just how much it was going to take for them to get it. Everyone has a breaking point, and when it comes to being abused, Adam clearly has a lower point than some people. Plus, I'm sure it wasn't just the burns--they were probably being verbally abusive and degrading at the same time (hello, they were burning him with cigarettes--that's not exactly something you do to someone you respect as a human being). Knowing more about what happened to Adam would have been nice--another reason to wish that they'd done the finale as a two-hour episode.

I can definitely see him feeling guilty because the information he gave them led to everything that happened in the lab--and it makes you wonder if there will be any kind of repercussions. Probably not, since this is tv, but you never know.

I'm also wondering about how those cigarette burns would heal and how long it would take--the guy is a scientist who uses his hands to make his living. And besides, the palm? *shudder* :(

The only thing that I wouldn't like come September is probably if Adam is suddenly a CSI or something. I doubt it, but we know that the writers tend to move them to CSI when they or the fans like the character, so I feel justified in hoping that they don't. Adam is definitely at home in the climate-controlled lab that, when the information hasn't been tortured out of him, is safe.

12. sydneycsi

sydneycsi Dead on Arrival

OMG poor Adam, I can't believe they tortured him! How dare they? I do agree with you PerfectAnomaly that we get to see how he handles the aftermath of this and it does carry on to Season 4, and what's great is knowing that he is going to definately play a more prominent role in the next season. Lets hope TPTB do the right thing for him next season CONTINUITY PEOPLE!!!

13. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

I find it hard to believe that anyone would seriously hold Adam accountable for giving up the information. It would be rather insensitive, and not to mention out of character. I think it would be more of a personal struggle for Adam than anyone else. He’s worked hard to make himself feel included as part of the CSI team, and while he’s never yet made it to the point where they’ll invite him out for a beer (I think as AJ put it), there is likelihood that Adam might feel he’s let them down. I’ve always understood that Mac, Stella, and Danny’s opinions and approval held a little more significance than others. I think a lot of guilt would transpire if he believed he disappointed a group of individuals he’s come to admire and in a way, want to be a part of.

So I was just intrigued if this guilt would become more of a setback for Adam’s personal development than anyone actually having the gall to blame him for the robbery. The physical injuries will heal, but I’m more interested to see how the character will internally recover. I think it might potentionally say a lot about how Adam views of himself, his strengths, and his weaknesses.

Lol, I highly doubt it as well. I can’t see how Adam would believe being tortured (while processing a crime scene of all things) as any motivation to become a CSI. I think it would be more of an initiative to stay in the lab where he’s clearly in his element. He's what? Froze at one scene and had the crap kicked out of him at another? Oh yeah, sign me for that gig. Think I might go play with my chemicals instead. :lol:

14. mercy

mercy Lab Technician

:lol: That's great! Totally agree!

I don't think they will hold it against Adam, because his injuries were severe enough that you know he did not give up the information easily. His face was battered and bruised, blood drying throughout his beard, and it had not even been long enough for all the bruises and swelling to appear. I imagine he looks even worse the day after. Plus, those were three really big nasty cigarette burns on his palm. They took time to burn, and they probably knocked him around even more between each of the burns. He must have held out a long time!

I gotta say, AJ performed supremely in this episode. Great acting. One of the best touches is when Adam is recounting to Danny what information the baddies wanted, how he banged his head back against the box truck wall. The facial expressions, tone of voice, body language... all excellent.

... is it bad to want an icon of battered and bruised adam? :lol:

15. Faylinn

I noticed that when I re-watched the episode a little while ago. I don't know if it's possible to get it across to Adam that there was nothing he could have done differently. He's going to blame himself no matter what. Poor dear. :(

No. No, it's not bad. I want one too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.