Grade 'Snow Day'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 16, 2007.

1. sarakanne

sarakanne Dead on Arrival

What an absolutely hilarious post!! I must however disagree with your assessment of Peyton. Unlike the CSI:Miami crew, at least this group of characters has some exciting private moments. Leave Peyton alone--I want to see her in bed with Mac next season. These shows need some sex, like the pool table variety, and the Mac and Peyton storyline might provide some sparks.

2. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

Can anyone kindly described what indeed happened at the end between Mac and Peyton?? What made her so terrible and hateful??? I am so curious.. Thanks very very much!!

3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Oh, holy hot damn wow. CSI:NY tonight was fun. We had Badass!Flack with a pump-action shotgun, Badass!Stella dropping from a vent like Chuck Norris in a Delta Force flick, Badass!Hawkes wielding a bone saw, and, of course, Super!Mac. Danny, bless him, deserves to walk around without pants for the rest of his days. The entire team was fabulous.

With one notable exception.

The D/L scene was ripped whole and breathing from fanfic. We had dramatic blouse-tearing and a dewy-eyed flashback to the smexing while Lindsay basked in the afterglow. It was nauseating and juvenile, and matters were not helped by the fact that she spent the episode hovering uselessly beside Flack. And since when has he called her Linds? Jesus, what an insipid dishrag of a character and storyline.

It's sad because everyone else, including Adam, Peyton, and Sid, outshone her with compelling, bravura performances. Adam, who spent the show cowering, found his gumption in time to save three cops, but Lindsay, who has tackled suspects and waved her gun, was reduced to helpless, hand-flapping victim. Can we please jettison the character, TPTB? I don't want a season of her angsting over the fact that it should've been her in that warehouse. I'm gagging just thinking about it.

A because everyone else carried the day.

4. StellaMac

StellaMac Witness

I don't think she was hateful at all but anyways, here's what went on with her.

She asked Mac to take 10 days off to go to London with her.

Sid asked her if she wanted coffee and she said no but she'll take tea.

She was worried about Mac the entire episode

OH AND DID I MENTION SHE ALMOST GOT HIM KILLED!!!! But she's forgiven 'cause Mac was fine and I actually do like her.

Oh and at the end she ran into his arms.

5. sarakanne

I am out of town so I will not be able to watch my TiVo until Fridy--when was Peyton hateful tonight? All I saw was a distraught woman wondering where Mac was. Did I miss something?

6. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I'm really just sick of Peyton being all Mary Jane, worrying about her man all the time in that grave, grating voice of hers and whining whining whining because they can't have a normal life, etc. Shut UP. I'm so sick of her trying to 'save' him. She's one of those women who jump from fucked up guy to fucked up guy because they love to fix men. And her constant worrying and whining and angst... I can't take it. She's such a cardboard character. She's no personality whatsoever, except being Mac's rock or whatever. The perfectly dainty woman waiting for him in bed night after night, teaching him to love again and showing him a world of color and laughter and musicals and puppies and bunnies. Give me a break.

I hope they don't let her back in New York for some reason or other. Like another passenger slips some blow into her purse. I'm all for Mac getting laid, but not to a weak little mosquito like her. I'd rather see him with someone who's strong and independent and doesn't need to be next to him every single second of every day of every month.

Does she remind anyone else to Phoebe from 30 Rock? See, Peyton is so fake that even sitcoms make fun of women like her.

7. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

Hey, guys. Long time reader, first time poster...lol

But I had to vent to someone about "Snow Day".

Maaaaaaan, that episode was Crazy Good!

I think it was cool to see Mac really play up his military background (something the allude to a lot, but never go full in) in the way he stalked the Irish Mob.

Stella has come along way after her "Aresanob" debacle.

Flack is charisma personified. If the "CSI" creators ever decided to sell out the franchise, they could totally give Flack his own show.

Bonus points goes to Hawkes. Though he does play the low key coroner on the show, as a New Yorker I tell you that you always have that animalistic dimension deep down inside and it was cool to see that part of Hawkes come out.

D/L...I get it, but er, where do you go from here?

8. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

Thank you very very much StellaMac.

Looks not THAT bad though..I thought she coldly broke up with him or sth..

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, let's see...

The episode was exciting, definitely. The details, however, were lacking. Who leaves a bunsen burner on when they leave the lab? Especially when they think there's a gas leak? Like, um, what?

There were other details that were screwed up, but you guys get the picture.

I loved Sid in his hat, reading his paper--was he moving his hands like he had arthritis, perhaps? I wonder if that's significant?

Mac as MacGuyver? Hehe.

Hawkes with that saw against the guy's neck? *swoon* Oh, Sheldon, that was hot. And, being my slashy self, I had to love when he saw Adam's id on the guy's neck. *whistles innocently*

Danny and Adam in the hostage situation were fantastic, of course. I wish they'd done it as a two part finale, ending the first episode with uncertainty about if someone was hurt or something, and then resume and continue the next week. They have the capability to do so much, and it feels like they missed a perfect opportunity.

Adam was so great. I love AJ Buckley, and I make no bones about that, but he was SO good in this episode. So good. It wouldn't have been realistic for him to be totally Rambo, and seeing him being brave while still being scared was so lovely. But poor him, getting tortured. It really wasn't his fault, but you know he'll blame himself for giving them the information--that's what torture is for, darling. :(

I thought that there would be more Flack in the finale, but there wasn't as much as I thought. :(

Lindsay? Was pointless to the plot. And am I the only one who noticed that she didn't immediately run toward the warehouse when Flack yelled that it was going down? :rolleyes:

Oh, and "Are you alright? Let's go slowly, we need to get you help" would be better than "OH NOEZ, IT'S MY FAULT! LET'S STOP HERE FOR A MINUTE SO THAT I CAN EXPRESS THAT IT'S ALL MY FAULT, EVEN THOUGH YOU GOT YOUR ASS KICKED AND NEED IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION."

I didn't watch the sex scene, I found something else to look at. I did, however, intensely dislike the way they had her come on to Danny. It sounded kinda...whorish. Just start kissing and reach for the pants, the guy doesn't need you to talk about 'paying you back.' :rolleyes:

That was all done very badly. But other than them, the episode was exciting and seemed to fly by. Now if only they'd paid closer attention to the details...

10. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

The best finale yet! And all I have to say is YAY DANNY/LINDSEY!!!

I definatly enjoyed this episode. I felt so bad for Adam, those guys beat him pretty good. I loved the scene between Danny & Lindsey in the warehouse. She apologies and he turns back and looks at the scene and his eyebrow goes up. Danny didn't have to say a word he said with that look, he would have rather been there than have her in that position.

I still have mixed feeling about the whole Peyton/Mac relationship.

Two thumbs way, way up on this finale!

I'm glad I taped it I'm going to have to sit down and watch it all over again! :)

11. sarakanne

Mdnight tiptoes: Lindsey did not come onto Danny anymore than he did her. After all, they were in HIS apartment playing pool and drinking tequila shots. They're both young and restless not to mention hot and horney. It just happened--it was not planned. That's the best kind of sex in my opinion and the best way they should show it on one of these crime shows.

12. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Any CSI NY fan who has complaints about finale should thank their lucky stars they didn't have to suffer through Miami's finale. I'm an infrequent viewer of NY but after Monday's debacle on CSI Miami, this was Great!! It was fairly exciting.

13. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

What? Have my other personalities been posting in this board again? You guys!

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Oh, and something I forgot to mention earlier:

I know why they had Adam in the hostage situation instead of Lindsay--the scenes required intense acting. :D

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Another A+. The show was action packed, and we got to see Mac, Stella and Hawkes work together and kick some ass. And what do you know? TPTB actually tied this case into the dead FBI agent. I almost fell over. They actually can tie up loose ends when they want to. This gives me hope that we'll actually find out what the hell happened to Louie.

I was very pleased at how they handled the hostage situation. Adam gave up the information to his captors because he was afraid and Danny had to take charge of the situation. It would have made no sense for Adam, who is a lab geek and was raised by a bully, to have gone all action hero, and it was totally in character for Danny to piss off the captors as a distraction so Adam could get the acid. Tying up loose ends and character continuity all in one episode. I'm lucky I didn't go into shock. I also loved the end when Mac decided to go with Peyton to London. The man needs a vacation, and he also needed to realize that he can't always be a workaholic. His relationship with Peyton also needs attention.

As for Danny and Lindsay, TPTB didn't dissapoint me. TPTB have spent two seasons setting up a "realationship" between these two, not to mention they've written it as a teenage "twu wuv" type romance. So, of course in the finale they get drunk and have sex. No resolution of how Lindsay treated Danny like shit and acted like Sybil for two seasons. How romantical and special. Not to mention a great message to the teens they've obviously been targeting with the story. At least I didn't have to see them get it on. There really is a God.

Anna Belknap didn't disappoint me either. The look on her face when she arrived at the warehouse and Flack told her Danny didn't sound good was the same look she has when processing evidence in the lab. When she asked Danny if he was OK, her voice had the same emotion she would've had if she saw a wounded stranger on the street.

I'm excited for S4 now. Although, if TPTB make Lindsay guilt ridden and angsty over Danny's injury and Danny pissed and bitter toward Lindsay because he took her shift, I'm gonna reach a level of pissed off that has never been matched.

ETA: I'm also curious about what the lab will look like next season since some of it got blowed up and all.