Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Ducky, May 6, 2007.

1. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2007

Oh,geez,this horrible thing again. :rolleyes:
    We're sending these guys,who,I hope,won't win.
    They're gonna sing in "sign language"...

So you're going to the EC,Ducky,aren't there anything better to do in Finland?I don't know,like go shopping to Ikea. :devil:

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

our entry will be Roger Cicero and i don't like him at all. the song title is "Frauen regiern die welt". first he said he was going to sing in german only but now he's decided to sing, i think one verse, in english :rolleyes:
    i haven't even listened to that song yet because i just don't like his music....
    i'll go listen to other entries to know which one's my favorite ;)

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh shush! We were at first rehearsal already! Ukraine will win! Yayness! And oh my... DJ Bobo ... <3 My hero. He was so great. Tomorrow is the semifinal, bwahahahahahah :devil:

4. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Nash, right? One day, I was doing zapping in my TV and stopped in a spanish network, and it was the show, the contest to choose the spanish participant that would go to Finland. And well, I never forgot them..Impossible thing to happen :p They were so...well, I don't know what to say, but they sang something both in spanish and english, some crazy lyrics, like school kids, whatever...I didn't watch the show til the end, then I didn't know they had win, but I could expect it...They were more "show type" than the other girls...

Today semi-finals. I am pretty sure Portugal won't make it to the final, but still :rolleyes:

5. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

I'm watching the webcast right now!! Go Denmark lol

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Omg those entries are so so sooooo bad. There's literally NO song that I even remotely like. I hope the auto invites are better..

K they just showed the previews of the auto invites, only 2 good ones imo. I think it'll be 1) Russia 2) Greece 3) NO IDEA!

7. gregsandersluver

gregsandersluver Lab Technician

God i am from the UK and i can honestly say im sooo embarressed by our entry but u never know it might work

8. Ducky

Oh sweet lord! People we so mad! Everyone there was sure that Denmark will go thru and the show was amazing live! Same with Swizerland! And when last country was chosen (Moldova) people just started to boo. I think Moldova was horrible as well as Belarus. So didn't deserve it! Even Andorra had a kickass song and they didn't get there...and Cyprus.

It's really annoying that Turkey and Greece song are basicly copies of the each other and those are like the song that Sakis (Greece) had few years ago.

I've been spending time with the English people and they agree that would be better if UK had to go to semifinal as well so they'd HAD to make a good song :lol:

Oh well... at least the host is cute :D

9. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

The UK's song reminded me of Aqua..though Aqua is awesome and that was just weird haha

ETA ..I thought for sure DQ would make it to the final..I heard the booing when I was watching the webcast lol

10. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

i'm watching the Eurovision Song Contest right now and i just can't believe that the bulgarian entry made it to the finale...what did she want to tell us? and what was wrong with that silver woman? she's supposed to be the top favorite??? :eek:
    and i didn't get the french song, neither understood the french nor the english part...

11. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

Ooooh Santa!! lol...he's a bit creepy :p

I'll have to watch the repeat later tonight...I forgot it was on and just turned it on in time for the UK song

12. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

First of all I want to say: Thank God for Finland! The ark aren't getting that many votes, right? :D Hehe. I never liked them anyways. I think I haven't gotten over Ola Salos tasteless joke about 9/11. *shudders*

CSI-related: I was watching the (can't remeber the county) number with the ballet dancers in the background. The girl who sang looked awfully like some of the picture-perfect female victims we see on CSI:miami. :lol: Actually, a lot of them looked like that.

But where's Lordi? :(

13. Ducky

silver woman? Lol, I think Verka (Ukraine) is a guy :p draq queen as well..so funny :lol: :lol:

AHAHHAHAHA! We gave Sweden 7 points and they gave us 12 :lol: AND WE BEAT THEM BY 2 POINTS! YAY! I mean, earlier today Sweden lost to Canada in hockey and was left to bronze game and we got to the final and now this :p
    Tho I have to say that The Ark was much better live than it was on TV. But me no likes them.

And wtf, malta gave 12 points to UK :lol:
    Uh, I didn't like Moldova, I wonder why the singer didn't lower her jeans bit more :rolleyes: or didn't take those off :rolleyes: Also Belarus was icky

Lordi was in the beginning of the show, it started the evening with the music video that cost 100,000€ .. seriously.

Anyways, Serbia's song is really beautiful. But I highly doubt that ESC can be held there, it's more security issues.

About the booing in Semifinal... I seriously think it was because Denmark and Switzerland didn't go through... especially Denmark. I wonder how the hell Latvia got there, because they didn't get lot of points in final.

The hits for the summer will be Ukraine, Swiss and French songs :D

14. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

OMG how rubbish was that? It was worse than usual :lol:. And how predictable were the votes? I'm just glad Ukraine didn't win. Also glad that the hosts weren't too annoying, although that blond woman - where on earth did they find her :eek:?

15. Ducky

Oh Krisse.. she's stand-up comedian... it's her character, she's not like that in real life. :lol: :lol: She's absolutley hilarious.

Weren't too annoying? :eek: they were great :eek: I think they did sooo dang well!