Celebrity News

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

shes going to jail for violating probation, i dont think a 'regular' person would get much more time in jail for the same thing. plus the judge was very clear paris is going to jail, not house arrest and no work leave. plus if she doesnt show up by june 5th (which she very likely might not) the sentence is doubled. i seriously love that judge :lol:

eta: just read the judge also ordered paris cannot pay to go to a smaller jail, she has to go to the one he said :D

2. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I know there aren't alot of Killers fans here but according the The Killers Fansite Brandon Flowers (lead singer/keyboards) is expecting his first baby this July with his wife Tana :D

3. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

^^ REALLY? Aww!! That's awesome! Congrats Brandon! I love him. :)

4. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Same here. I wish him and Tana all the best, they look so amazingly adorible together.

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

They also mentioned on our news this morning, that she faces an extra 90 days in jail if she doesn't present herself to the prison by June 5th.

6. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

She had it coming. Gosh, I'm happy now! :D

Hope she gets the orange coverall. She is a blondie (in all ways possible) and we don't look good in orange. Honestly, 45 days, that is over a month! Hope she learns her lesson. Her summer is ruined anyway. :lol:

7. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Hmm I thought Brandon Flowers had split from his wife :lol: shows how much I know....Hmmmmph there goes my chance :D :lol: he is lovverrrrrlyyy :p Congratulations to them though :cool:

45 days in jail for Paris. :eek: Well I never. U have to have murdered, raped, attempted to murder, or robbed a bank to get jail time in this country. :lol: :rolleyes: owt else and you get a slap on the wrist :rolleyes:

8. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

the paris goes to jail story was on the news over and over yesterday. i got really tired of hearing about it. apparently she isn't even going to a "real" prison but a cushy one. i'd bet money that she doesn't stay 45 days if she even goes.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Though its on TMZ.com, here is something I would never have expected, after everything he has seen on the show. 'Makeover's' Pennington Arrested for Drunk Driving -- TV personality offers apology.

The "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" host was arrested Saturday morning on suspicion of drunk driving, reports TMZ.com.

West Los Angeles traffic officers arrested Pennington at 12:35 a.m. May 5 and booked him at the county jail on a misdemeanor. He was released two hours later after posting $5,000 bail.

"I made an error in judgment. We all make mistakes, however this is about accountability," Pennington told "Extra" in a statement. "Under no circumstances should anyone consume alcohol while driving. I could have jeopardized the lives of others and I am grateful there was no accident or harm done to anyone. This was my wake-up call. I also want to apologize to my fans, ABC Television and my design team for my lapse in judgment and the embarrassment I have caused."

Pennington, 42, is due in court on June 4.

10. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

NO! Not Ty! :( I love that man.

Paris Hilton I get. Girl is a publicity-eater (I was going to call her something else, but I'm not sure that would be appropriate). But Ty is cool. Way too cool to be drunk while driving.

Now I'm of to sulk.

11. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Paris Hilton seeking pardon from Gov.Schwarzenegger

This is a copy of her petition.

To:
    The Honorable Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

Paris Whitney Hilton is an American celebrity and socialite. She is an heiress to a share of the Hilton Hotel fortune, as well as to the real estate fortune of her father Richard Hilton. She provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives.

Hilton is notable for her leading roles on the FOX reality series The Simple Life and in the remake of the Vincent Price horror classic "House of Wax". In addition to her work as an actress, she has achieved some recognition as a model, celebrity spokesperson, singer, and writer.

As most of America now knows, Ms. Hilton was just charged in a Los Angeles court with DUI and sentenced to 45 days in Century Regional Detention Facility in California beginning on or before June 5, 2007.

We, the American public who support Paris, are shocked, dismayed and appalled by how Paris has been the person to be used as an example that Drunk Driving is wrong. We do not support drunk driving or DUI charges. Paris should have been sober. But she shouldn't go to jail, either.

As depicted on Friday night's episode "Nancy Grace" on Headline News (May 4, 2007), countless celebrities have been "slapped on the wrist" for similar incidents recently. Nick Nolte, Mel Gibson, Tracy Morgan, Wynonna Judd, to name a few, were arrested and never did a day in jail after their initial arrests for drunk driving /DUI /DWI charges. Rappers Busta Rhymes and Eve still walk free after both being arrested for the same charges as Ms. Hilton just this past week. Brandy's California Highway accident, although no proof of DUI was evidenced in her accident, resulting in the death of a young wife and mother in California, yet Brandy walks free as of today, never doing any time and A WOMAN HAS BEEN KILLED most likely due to her reckless driving!

Yet, Paris Hilton did not hurt, injure, or kill anyone or anything, and yet she must do jail time.

This petition is to ask Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon Paris Hilton for her mistake. Please allow her to her return to her career and life. Everyone makes mistakes. She didn't hurt or kill anyone, and she has learned her lesson. She is sincere, apologetic, and full of regret for her actions as she explained tearfully to the Judge handling her case in court yesterday.She is distraught and understandably afraid.

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT to save our Paris from ending up at the Century Regional Detention Facility! Please sign to tell The Honorable Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger of the State of California, to think about the welfare of this young woman who has made a mortal error and deserves a second chance like so many others in our great nation have been served with after a mistake they have made . If the late Former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late Former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake as well, and we hope and expect The Governor will understand and grant this unusual but important request in good faith to Ms. Paris Whitney Hilton

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Yes, I agree. My life is incredibly mundane without Paris Hilton flaunting herself all over the place. What will all those young people do for 45 days without Paris Hilton?

She provides hope for young people? Seriously? LMFAO! :lol:

Just because she didn't kill or injure anyone doesn't change the fact that she could of. I can’t think of a better person to make an example of.

13. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Is this some kind of joke? When she was pulled over, she still had the original citation in her glove compartment. Plus, she had ignored mail about the citation, saying something along the lines of: I have people to open my mail for me. All she had to do was complete some counseling and some crappy excuse for a drunk driving seminar for a few hours and would have been off. She got 15 days for each offense... and is complaining? Excuse me? Just because she didn't kill anyone. And I imagine that makes her driving drunk on a suspended license A-OKAY!

14. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Paris thinks she's above everyone, and deserves special treatment. In fact, now she's saying that the only reason she's pulled over is so the cops can hit on her and give her their cards. She takes no respoinsibility for her actions.
    On a side note, the judge who sentenced her to jail was given a standing ovation when he went to church!

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with you guys about Paris Hilton. Why can she just shut up and go to jail for 45 days? It doesn't take that long, like what a month and half. I know she is not a minor anymore, but My mother and I blame the parents, they didn't raise her right and let her get everything she want. She's spoil brat and don't get her way.

Let's hope Arnold is smart enough not to let her go free. They will go against him. Fans will survived without her. I'm not a fan of her and never will.

She drive with a suspend license and she knew she drove a suspend license.

Nick Nolte did go to jail and probably not long and he clean up his act, he learn the hard lesson, don't drink and drive and put drugs in the car where the cops can see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.