Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

Admittedly, this didn't sit well with me either as it is so contradictory. How can H claim to "always" look after her when he clearly has no clue about what she's been up to in her professional life for several months?

2. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Sorry but that's not what I'm talking about. No worries though, to each their own especially with the differing spectrums and all. :)

It's floating around in the ether, Luce! :D You know H and his super duper paranormal abilities. Ya gotta admire tptb for their tenacity at dumbing it down for us like we're alfalfa sprouts or equivalent.

3. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Egads! The sin of double posting. :eek: My sincere apologies, MD.

4. CookiMonstasBabe

CookiMonstasBabe Rookie

heloo! I keep forgetting to post here! silly child! Anyways, the important thing is that i am back. Aww, love all the quotes , you cheered up my wasnt-going-too-well day. Did Y come back in the Burned episode? cool, cool. Im looking forward to that when it comes to England! :lol:

5. silk

silk Prime Suspect

So nice to finally have something new (well sort of anyway!) to bounce around about these two. (Heavy sigh!) Gotta confess though that I was getting rather used to enjoying the countdown pics and now we seem to have gone cold turkey. You know we probably won't be seeing our two friends together until S6....so maybe (huge hint here) the talented people who are able to display those lovlies could be persuaded to occasionally post more pics of H/Y. It could be sort of a count-down to S6. Maybe one a week just to keep us primed for Sept.???????

6. Lucy

Of course! How could I overlook that. ;)

Re posting pictures, I think I may well have used nearly all of my collection over the past month or so! I'm happy to post some of them again, if you don't mind seeing the same ones. I might try to take some new ones too when I get the time. :)

[​IMG]

7. inge

inge CSI Level Two

I can never have enough H/Y pics, even if I've seen them twice or thrice. They remind us of the all the happy or sad moments between them.

I want to know why Ray jr. didn't tell his uncle that his mother is a PI now. :confused:
    Maybe he knew that Horatio wouldn't be too happy with this decision.
    Do you think Yelina would have given up her job as a PI if Horatio would have asked her?
    I know he said that her job was dangerous and she answered that she knew how to protect herself, but he didn't ask her to quit her job.
    Her new job is also an opportunity to work with her again. She could help to solve cases. ;)

8. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

Meh, why would he? I don't think many teenagers care about their parents' careers. Besides, I feel like Ray Junior probably just thought that there wasn't much difference between being a cop and a PI, so I don't think it'd be high on his priority list.

No, I don't think she would. Firstly, I don't really think H has the right to ask her to do that. Considering he hasn't been in her life for a while, it's not really his place to ask her to quit - especially since it seems like Yelina isn't on Horatio's single mother payroll. :D

At this point, she has said that she has to work, and there's no doubt in my mind that Yelina thinks she can handle the job. So I think she'd refuse his request, politely of course.

9. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

No worries. ;) I think I was too distacted by the alfalfa sprout comment to really notice, lol! I will post more when my slightly rattled brain is up to it. I do agree with the comments made about the dialogue extracts. Very superficial in the main, but that is Miami all over nowadays. Thankfully, we can still enjoy what SM and DC bring to their performances in terms of chemistry and fine acting. They really are the redeeming factor here.

10. RedHot

RedHot Witness

One question, did Horatio asked Yelina out in GRAVE YOUNG MEN. To me, looked like yes, what do you think.

11. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

You guys I just got to see the latest episode. I've gotten sidetracked over the last week and am thankful for tivo.

Anyway, I thought their interaction did remind me a bit of season 2, though still not as good, and the chemistry still is very obvious and I did enjoy it. It wasn't the best scene they've ever had and a lot was left out (and didn't fully fill my starving appetite for H/Y scenes--made so by lack of onscreen time for the two) but I did like the continuity and see how easy it would be for tptb to go on from this.

12. HoratioandYelina

HoratioandYelina Rookie

Agreed, by just starting with this, they can continue the relationship. It was an okay start, but still not enough on screen time for us :lol:

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I don't think there will ever be enough screen time for all of us, unless they have a whole episode soley on H/Y. Now that's a good daydream. ;)

I wasn't disappointed by the dialogue maybe cos SM and DC play it so well I was utterly smitten by their interatcion. Besides I think that their eyes spoke volumes.

The only thing I was disappointed with was already mentioned, the fact that H didn't know what Y had been up to all this while. I would have liked that they had been in touch. Perhaps one can postulate that Y kept awway from H to give him space and also she knew H wouldn't like her new choice of job.

There are quite a few of them on his payroll aren't there? :lol: But I'm really glad she isn't. It'll be so out of character if she were. The one thing I always admired about Y is her ability to stand on her own two feet, despite having H whom she knows would be more than happy to take care of her and Ray Jr. I love that she's not the kind who'd jump at H's offer to look after her, in monetary terms or otherwise. The fact that she refuses his help is just way awesome for me. Go Yelina!
    (sorry I think this is more suitable for the SM/Y thread)

Perhaps that's why H is so sttracted to her, that she's a strong independant woman, not those who go weak at the knees when he offers them help and fall into his arms. Ergh I'd hate if they made Y that way. Unless of course it's a big emergency like in '10-7'.

However I must qualify that Y didn't exactly chase H away in 'Whacked', admiting that she needed him certain moments in life. Tptb did a good job in writing Y that way having a fine balance of independance and showing some weakness and allowing H's help at certain times.

Like kit mentioned I wonder what it would take to make H change his mind and finally decide he would want to start going out with Y. They both know their mutual attraction of each other. The H/Y relationship at this point is wide open with plenty of potential for improvement. However I think the ball is in H's court at the moment. Y is and has always been ready.

I was going to say I missed those countdown pics too! Thanks Luce for the pic from 'Burned'. I wouldn't mind recycled pics either. I can never get enough of H/Y!

EDIT: Sorry Redhot forgot to answer your question about 'GYM'. I think we were led to believe he asked her out but the whole purpose of that evening out was to discuss Ray Jr getting into fights at school. So it wasn't a date per se.

14. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

He always seems to need a reason doesn't he?! Discussing Ray Jr in 'GYM', helping with shutters in 'HA', any other examples?

And I won't mind seeing the H/Y-pictures again... How could one ever tire of looking at those two?!

15. Lucy

Okay, as you all seem to like the idea, I will try to post pics (both recycled and hopefully a few new ones) regularly. It's good to know you guys enjoy them, so I'll just carry on. :D

[​IMG]

Hello, stranger! ;)

Re Grave Young Men, I have a little scenario in my head. Yelina mentions to H that she is concerned about Ray getting into fights at school. They mutually agree to discuss it after work and go out for a drink or two. They agree that Yelina and Ray will stop by the Crime Lab so H can have a 'man to man' chat with Ray. It was heartwarming to see H and Y socializing like this and I loved H's comment about her smile and the sweet dialogue that followed. One of my favourite Season 1 moments and we also got that lovely scene between H and Ray....

[​IMG]

Good times. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.