Heroes

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by xforce11, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

One more week til Heroes returns! The 2 minute previews NBC has been showing are really making me hungry for another episode! Whoa! It's all coming to a head!!!

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

This Saturday night, April 21, NBC will air three episodes from late February/early March from 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm (Eastern time). This is probably to remind viewers what was happening. Check local listings for time and channel in your area.

3. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

IT'S COMING BACK IN THREE DAYS!!!

4. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I really can't wait for the new episode. I only became a fan after the hiatus. SciFi had a bunch of marathons and I was hooked. It's a pretty fantastic show, really.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm pulling this thread up as Dizzney posted about Heroes earlier. :)

This is my new favourite show :lol:, absolutely fantastic. I only got into it recently, after it was recommended to me by my Dad, so I wasn't expecting it to be that great. I admit that the first episode didn't fully capture my imagination and I wasn't convinced but after about 4 episodes I was completely hooked.

I am now officially mad about Heroes... I'm only up to episode 16, but I'm hoping to see the next few soon. I also read that it will be back for a second season, which is great news.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Ahh sorry, I was looking for one and must have missed it. :(

Yes, I am totally in love with this show. Each show is so good and exciting. The latest ep was a very cool look into the future.

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

It's no problem. ;)

8. Dizzney

So what did everyone think about the Future of the Heroes?

Sylar is one very scary guy.

9. screamingpoet

I really wasn't expecting future!Nathan to turn out to be future!Sylar. It's rather frightening to think about how many heroes Sylar must have killed. Judging by the powers he showed when he was fighting Peter, I'm guessing that he killed Candice, Nathan and Ted, and we saw him kill Claire. But! Since he killed Claire he now has the power of regeneration, which means that future!Peter won't be able to defeat him. Eventually, Sylar will kill Peter too. :[

I kind of liked the idea of Sylar keeping Mohinder around as his advisor and best buddy for five years. Complete with the Nathanesque shoulder touches that the real Nathan usually only uses on Peter. Oh Sylar, you strange boy... It's twisted in a way, considering that Sylar killed Mohinder's father.

I hope that one day we get an all-out, on-screen throwdown between Peter and Sylar. The small bit that they teased here looked good. Oooh...next week is the SylarPast!episode, isn't it? The one that allegedly might change our feelings about him? Neato.

10. Dizzney

Well you got to remember, they are out to change that future, so it does not mean that Sylar will get all those powers, necessarily. And especially now since Hiro and Ando saw the future they can warn all the others.

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Did they happen to remember any Powerball lottery numbers for me? With my luck, they would tell me in Japanese and I would not understand them.

12. Sab

Sab Witness

Monday's new episode of Heroes was really good. It freaked me out when Nathan was all powerhungry and then we find out he's Sylar. I so did not see that coming. Also, Future Peter was just rocking. :)

13. Dizzney

Yeah I did not see Sylar as Nathan coming either. That was freaky.

Future Peter reminded me of Neo in the Matrix with his long coat on. :lol:

14. screamingpoet

When future!Nathan said, "I'm the leader of the free world, I'm the most special person there is" I thought he sounded like he was five years old. I mean, how childish can you get? But then he turned out to be Sylar, and I looked back on it; the remark was quintessential Sylar.

And Dizzney, I wasn't saying that the future Ando and Hiro went to is the permanent one; obviously they're out to change it. What I was saying is that the powers Sylar had resulted in him killing other heroes. That was the future. Ted and Candice and Nathan, Claire too; they are all dead. And Peter will be killed in that future as well because Sylar now has the ability of regeneration.

15. Dizzney

Well Peter can regenerate too, so I think that they would just be battling each other forever.
    Well I really think Peter's power could make him stronger that Sylar. Peter only needs to be near the various heroes to obtain their power. Sylar has to kill them in order to obtain them. So I think Peter has a better chance of obtaining more powers in the long run, than Sylar has.