"Gum Drops" Discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 15, 2005.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Four time already? Heesh! I've only seen it twice.

I also enjoyed the way the story played out, how the little girl's narrating was referring to the end scene with Nick. And of course the bodies in the lake reminded me of just a sad, sad story I once read.

2. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

I found that odd, too.

Funny... I noticed the hands, too, because we've discussed Nick's hands before (in our Nick drool threads :D ). Maybe they were Grissom's and they just left them in.

By the way, thanks for the explanation about the Tina/Yoko thing, ford_prefect ! My niece probably chose just that moment to say "good night" or something and I missed it. Now that I think of it, though, I did catch the bit with Greg coughing and going for a drink...I remember wondering what had happened... so it was probably just Warrick's previous comment that I missed.

3. Nish

Nish Hit and Run

I just watched the episode again and I noticed one thing...when Nick stays behing at the picnic table, watching the kids, looking over the pictures and at the case file there is an autopsy report at the beginning.

It may be just me, but isn't it a little hard to do an autopsy before you have a body?

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I had a problem with Sara "finding" the basement too- I thought that once again, in light of Nick's kidnapping, this seems a bit negligent on the part of any police around.

As for the psychic-type woman, I just sort of felt like she could sense something bad had come down... I dunno, something about the way she was acting. I think I just felt like she just wanted to let it go or avoid it. Of course, that's just how I reacted when it happened, so obviously I made my own interpretation. :)

5. nikfan

nikfan Rookie

ok here are some questions i have from the epy, but before that i just wanna say that i looooooved the epy and especially nick. He was awsome.
    Ok here it goes,
    why did the little girl take the caugh medicine under her bed?
    where was grissom?
    and wasnt this epysode supposed to be the one where they all stay at a hotel?

6. MarieMJS

MarieMJS Rookie

Oh God...Just watched it, after coming back from work...

It was AWESOME!!! I so loved this episode, and I couldnt believe you people saying you cried at the end, NOW I understand, that scene was so emotionnal, first time in my life I had tears in my eyes watching TV...

Strangely the episode looks "short" to me, maybe because there werent a lot of new things appearing along the show concerning the case, but it was fantastic like that...GE was just perfect, the things you can read in his eyes, oh my, Im actually beginning to be a huge fan of Nick...Sara was very important too, in the way she was balancing the situation with a more objective POV, and it was about time she had a good plot in a 6th season episode...

I like a lot how Greg fits into the team, as if he has always been there as a CSI, its just great...And even if Warrick was not the main characters of this episode, his moments were wonderful too...

I didnt miss Grissom that much, or Catherine who is almost never there, even if I cant wait to see him in the next episodes(hopefully? I havent followed the spoilers recently because I moved and I dont have dsl anymore, have to wait two weeks to have it back, and the 56k on this forum is f**** slow!!!) , I thought it was really interesting and refreshing to have an episode about these fours, who work so well together...Kinda show us what would happen to CSI if WP decides to leave, uhuhu? LOL!!!

No, really, excellent episode, very emotionnal, and a great direction...

7. CSI3Snickers

CSI3Snickers Pathologist

Oh...My...God.

This has got to be the best episode ever, besides Grave Danger.

Not to be cold and rude, but I didn't miss Grissom at all. George Eads just took acting to the next level. Well, at least, he took Nick on the next level. And all the high praises had already been said, and I don't think I can top anyone's comment, so yeah.

Nick was just phenomenal. It was so moving, he had me in tears as soon as he whispered, "Hi" to Cssie right when he got in the hospital room. And his motivation on jumping the boat to save Cassie. You can practically see his frustration because he's having a hard time sprinting in water.

I loved how Nick and Sara were in this episode. I loved their conversation in the dock. It was so short, because they have this rapport--no further words were needed. They just shared this longing stare and they moved on.

I loved the way Nick practically take over this case. I mean, this was a mass murder, and they trusted Nick enough to handle it. And he did. He's come a long way, hasn't he? Three seasons ago, he was begging Grissom to put him on a solo case. Now he's busting his chops to solve this one.

I loved Nick's "attachment" to Cassie. I know CSI would never do this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nick adopted Cassie.

8. BabaOReilly

^^^ "longing stare"? :lol: methinks that's wishful thinking... Can't tell you're a snicker at all! :lol: I'm sure the shipping forum is just an abundance of discussion right now...

Either way, both Sara and Nick were awesome in this episode. They all did. Loved the group interaction SO much! :D

9. MarieMJS

MarieMJS Rookie

OOooh the adoption idea sounds really interesting, and its exactly what I thought when I saw Nick crying when she said "hi"...Oh my that scene, so moving, so great...

Cant wait, and I hope we will have news about Cassie in the next episode...

10. SparklingDiamond

SparklingDiamond Pathologist

best.episode.ever

*is in shock*

the ending was so f***ing awesome. I cried. I'm in love with Cassie. George Eads was absolutely amazing.

Repeat with me: George Eads deserves an Emmy!!!

Ehh I have to agree. I didn't miss anyone at all really. And Grissom is a character I deeply love, but seriously, the four of them were just absolutely awesome. They took over the whole thing. No Grissom, or Cath, or anyone needed. It just shows they are very much capable of making the episode work just by their own. I'm incredibly happy the role was given to GE because I seriously cannot see WP doing it with such emotion, and it just fit so damn well because of Grave Danger.

I loved the Greg/Sara interaction. It was so damn funny and cute.

Greg hitting his head? :lol: :lol I immediately thought "that's sooo not supposed to happen" It's amazing how they can keep doing their role. I'd so crack up laughing if it was me.

The Sara/Nick scenes? I'm a snicker sooo... *is having orgasm* It was just so well done. So incredibly well done. The lines introduced there were so perfectly fit. Seesh. I'm at a loss of words.

I loved so much the group. TPTB *has* to make more episodes with the four of them. They're absolutely amazing

Nick/Sara/Greg/Warrick is my new OTP. Can we have CSI with only the four of them pretty please?

11. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

I'm not positive, but I don't think she took the cough medicine under the bed herself. The kid gave her the cough medicine in order to drug her. She was already under the bed, so he gave it to her there.

Grissom was supposed to be in this episode, but due to a death in William Petersen's family he wasn't able to complete filming and they changed his part to fit Nick. They explained his absence in the episode by saying that he was teaching a class at a body farm.

Apparently this was cut due to Grissom's absence in the episode. It wouldn't have made sense to leave it in.

12. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

:eek: Oh no! Now you've done it!!! I hadn't even though of that but... gah!!!! I can so see it!!!!

*dissolves into a bowl of mush*

13. BabaOReilly

Yeah, except I'm sure she has some other family somewhere...

That kid was awesome though, huh? And with so little to work with- just a scratch voice and her eyes to do her work. Great job! :)

14. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Ya know, this actually crossed my mind too....not that I think it would ever happen.

15. cath4gil

cath4gil Pathologist

Just seen the eppy, great episode. Very eerie I thought, great music to go with it.

As there was no Gil in this eppy :(, and hardly any of Cath Nick took the forefront in this epiosode, and it was great to see. Loved the way he never gave up and also facing soem inner demons. Warrick was good as always and I actually quick liked Sara which is a shock to me. Finally we got to see more Greg :D, but I still think he seems not quite right to be a CSI, he seems out of place.

No Brass either, but this was a great eppy. George was fab :D