Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

I loooved the last scene. I was certain at that point that the H we all know and love was coming back. I am still in belief that we haven't seen the last of Yelina, not after this episode.
    I also loved the first scene. Her re-emergence into H's life was so sudden yet it was so epic. I cannot say enough how much I loved his reaction to seeing her again.

2. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

of course i was think of u :D u know i don`t like him a lot, but know that here have some his fans ;) (btw if u want i can send to u more pics of him) but i do love more Stetler caps. again little love looks between Rick and H - what a chemestry almost strong like H and Y :lol:

this was ok with me. Yelina is strong and independent woman. she try to move forward and do it just perfect. no need to wait for someone approval - this i like a lot in her character. and yep i love the surprise H face when he see her... supposed in his mind have pass thought - u silly fool, look what u miss this two months :lol:

this i can call A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All :D

more 15 or 30 min drama on Liverpool stadium *go for more beer*

3. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well Yelina thought Ray Jr would've told Horatio. Besides she hadn't seen him for months.. I bet she wanted to visit him but like she said they've both had a rough year.. maybe she figured she shouldn't push H.. :)

4. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Nice analogy. ;) Maybe mid Season 6, we might even reach second. No stalling allowed, though that might be too much to expect. How many gears does the H/Y vehicle have, lol? :D

I enjoyed the episode very much. The H/Y scenes were very well crafted. I was quite surprised that the writers did seem to pull this one off pretty well. DC and SM always hit the right notes, and they clicked together again immediately. Very pleasantly surprised with how it all turned out. :)

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Wow so much to said and so much to say.

First of all, H/Y in a small trapped space... that's a fan fic idea, I might just take it up and write something on that....

And yes I hope H is the one to make the first move this time. I also get the feeling we'll see more of Y soon in s6. There's room for so much more.

Luce I agree with you, the car analogy is great. Very fitting, and I'm hoping the H/Y vehilce has like only 2 or 3 gears :lol: I do think they're back where they were in 'Whacked'. Ready to move on with each other. Ok maybe H needs a little push in the right direction.

And yup the looks the 2 of them were giving each other... they have way too much self-control, gosh jump each other already!!! Even criminals can see that!!

I think the interpretation about Y allowing H space to get over Marisol is correct. And she is independant, I like that she insisted she had to work and take care of Ray Jr herself and not rely on anyone not even H. And I think it's time H got over Marisol, I mean come on H! You've got this hot woman who's so ready to get together with you, and you've been secretly in love with her for so long, your brother is really dead this time... time to own up and make the first move Lt Caine!

I know we're in for a wait though, tptb wouldn't gratify us so soon *hunkers down for the wait*

Speaking of which I was just thinking, if this was s4, and H said that 'I'll always look after you' line... he and Y would be getting married like in next week's episode :lol:
    Not sure if you get what I'm saying, I'm just being tongue-in-cheek about the Marisol fiasco.

Liverpool won... Chelsea lost... :( ... but H/Y makes me happy so it all makes up for the loss to Liverpool. I honestly think there'll be no silverware for Chelsea this season. (sorry off topic)

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

To me it seems that Horatio is over Marisol but I think he just wants to distance himself from Yelina. He still has those barriers and now that all their secrets are out in the open there's nothing except those barriers to hide behind. Without anything else those barriers are going to crumble down much faster.. so maybe he stayed away from Yelina to rebuild those barriers or keep them as they are..

And in Y's point of view I think she wanted to make the first step but she was so used to H coming around a lot and suddenly he doesn't. I think she figured that he was still grieving Marisol.. Yeah she could've supported him but maybe she thought that was wrong to do since they both feel so much for each other. It's easier to support someone, who you secretly love but haven't admitted your feelings to, than if you have.. Especially if the other person feels the same way and you know it.. but there's something keeping you apart, something you just can't fix in 1 2 3.. argh love is so cruel :(

If Yelina hadn't said anything about him not coming around we sure know that H wouldn't have either. But he did say sorry! So i'm pretty sure we'll see her A LOT more in s6.

Oh and this is exactly a reason why I think H/Y is the greatest ship and I watch A LOT of tv shows.. Mostly it's an issue of, do they love each other? But you don't have that here. They do love each other, they admitted it to one another. So why don't they make out?! Horatio's barriers..

And that's the beauty of it, as cruel as it is to not let them make out.. those barriers bring great dialogue with them. Everything that they say to one another , you can twist 20 ways thanks to the adorable looks.. And Yelina has to talk with lil subtext else H would chicken out.. like he did in Blood Brothers.. oh and those 20 ways, they always end up with "I want to be with you" from both of them..

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

very good points and analogys guys ;)

don`t know why, but i prefer to think that Yelina is the one who make this decision to stay away from H (or give him time as always). after all she say that he don`t come at her home, not that she call but he don`t have time this last months. somehow i want to think (or know) that Yelina like us see that H have been change a lot as person. maybe she is in a little cross road and just wait or more right is to say just move forward with or without H. ok i agree and know that she still love him, but in real life when ur some kind disappoint from someone very importan for u just try to close ur eyes and remember him - the best parts in ur life...but at the same time keep little distance till this guys become the 'old' one u know .... don`t know if this make sense, but i'm not forgot this Robo H form S 4-5 and if we don`t have H/Y relationship i just want to know that Yelina is the one who take this decision... also why we always think that H still is not over Aerosol...the better part/version for me will be if H is uhh... a little or more ashamed coz of this fiasco with girl twice young then him... for my point of view usually when i make something really stupid i always feel embarrass in front peoples who i do respect (care for them)... maybe coz of this H don`t come often in Yelina house :rolleyes:

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

From tptb's pov, they wanted Y back earlier in the show. But SM couldn't. So in 'Burned' they had to show that significant time had passed since 'Rio'. Perhaps they needed the PI idea, and knowing that H would worry for her safety and maybe object to her being a PI, I guess tptb wrote it such that H hasn't been to see her, hence he wouldn't have known of her PI job, so that they could have the Y as a PI story late in the season.

From our pov however, we do know that H has been in touch with Ray Jr most probably through phonecalls, otherwise H would have to go round to Y's house. And perhaps then I would like to think that H stayed away from Y for that length of time because he wanted to get over Marisol so that he could possibly move on with Y. Cos he would have figured that Y is still attracted to him from 'Rio'. But also that he wanted to give themselves time to get over their spouses' deaths.

Now, I think we can safely say that H has gotten over Marisol and is now ready to moved on with Y.

For whatever reasons H kept away from her, I don't think he would do so anymore cos he's the kind of guy who would make good on his promises and apologies. And since he did apologise to Y, it would be reasonable to think that from now on he would be going round or keeping in touch with Y not just Ray Jr. Even more so that he's worried for her safety as a PI.

I took that 'H/Y in a small, confined space' idea as a personal challenge, so I uped and started a fic of the same name. Go check it out. It's a naughty one I might add. :devil:
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1173227&an=0&page=0#Post1173227

9. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

H/Y AND naughty in one sentence! Darn that must be good!

*runs off to read*

10. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

Hey, let me just say, I am still shining over that ep... wow how

11. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Perhaps but I reckon we're still in the same '03 model with the dodgy engine. As glad as I am to see Y back on Miami and interacting with H, essentially nothing significant has changed i.e. we're back to the same old, same old. Good same old i.e. brilliant and STILL incandescent chemistry between SM & DC and not so good same old i.e. poor writing & uninspired storytelling for parts of their dialogue, H STILL behaving like a callow youth and Y STILL doing all the work.

Crikey! Season 5 is just set to be put to bed and it's questionable writing deja vu all over again.

12. polina

polina Rookie

Oh, I wish I could see “Burned” myself but it won` t happen until end of May. That` s why I want to say BIG THANKS to all of you – you` ve seen it and told me everything what happened to our favourite couple. I got feeling like I ` ve seen it myself. I too very glad that the writers did a great job this time with Horatio and Yelina, that they didn` t forget all the love these two have for each other. And I too expected the worse.
    I hope this episode means that we `ll see Yelina again and again and maybe … if SM still wants it …Yelina will be regular in the next season …
    I ` v been wondering since the first time I saw Yelina and Horatio together, is it possible for writers not to see the whole chemistry these two have when they` re together, when they talk, when they walk, when they just smile to each other? I have always thought that the best what can happen with the show is for producers to find actors with such great chemistry. So why not to use it? Or they afraid to focus more on relationships then on cases? Then what about the whole Marisole thing? They did focus more on relationships that shouldn` t have been started at all – maybe they thought they could easily replace Yelina with another beautiful woman? Of course they could (and did) replace the character but not the actress (who was the key to great chemistry these couple show to us every time they` re together)

13. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

TPTB are very much aware of the chemistry between the actors. They say so themselves on the various commentaries on the dvds. I think one would have to be blind, deaf and pretty dumb (or otherwise blinded by wanting another ship) not to see it! ;)

I don't think they're afraid as such. But (as has been mentioned before) they wanted to see H without Y, which we all know was a total disaster. Now they're re-introducing Y. I think they'll go about it slowly, but also that they have a pretty good chance of 'getting it on' :)devil:) in future. H has tried to move on with his life (i.e. Marisol) but finds that he still loves Y.
    Besides: why would TPTB bring SM back now if they didn't have plans for some much needed H/Y interaction...

14. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Bon Jovi on American Idol... *squee* that dude is another hot one! (sorry off topic again)

Yup, tptb would have to be totally blind, deaf and dumb not to notice the chemistry. Any person watching Miami for the first time and see a H/Y scene can sense the tension and chemistry between DC's H and SM's Y.

I don't think they're afraid but as was previously mentioned once 2 people on a show get togehter the writers are pretty much stuck as to what direction to take the couple. They also worry about people getting bored of the couple being together. And if they do get together, the likelihood of the writers breaking them up, especially if the show still has a long way to go in its run, is high. And I honestly don't want to see that happen to H/Y. If they get together I want it to be forever. So I don't really want H/Y together yet maybe some time mid- or end s6.

On the other hand, I'm afraid if tptb try to drag this, they might write in more ridiculous storyarcs for H and Y. In this case I'd rather they get together already.

That sounds logical, but tptb have been known to be illogical.

Perhaps the spoiler about H in the season finale would set up the stage for Y's return, cos if it really does happen then I certainly think that there's nobody better to be by his side than Y.

15. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Ain't that the truth! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.