Grade 'Cold Reveal'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 2, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep, with a guest star from another show! :cool: What did you think of it?

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

This definitely looks to be an interesting episode. I'm curious to see how everything pans out. :)

3. serenat

serenat Victim

Wow really good show, some interesting insight into parts of Stella's past revealed.
    and Mac, they are really leaving him out to dry!! I wonder what affect that last scene with the grieving father will play into the continuing story.
    serenat

4. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Sounds like it's going to be a great eppy :) woohoo only an hour-and-a-half longer...and two weeks until the finale.

BTW, I love your avvie Fay! It makes me want to dance too lol.

5. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

SCOTTY!! *reaches*

6. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Can anyone tell me if they've revealed "Stella's extremely big secret" in tonight's episode??

Help me!!! I'm lost :lol:

Thanks a lot!!! :D

I asked this in the spoiler thread too, I had forgotten about this thread, sorry *blushes*

7. privatename

privatename Rookie

Good episode. I liked the cases and found that I couldn't predict the ending of the "fallen angel" case.

Was anyone else thinking that the woman who was Stella's foster mother looked more as if she were the same age as Stella rather than older than Stella?

8. Ainsley

Ainsley Victim

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that the foster mother looked to be the same age as Stella! I'm surprised TPTB didn't pick an older actress to play the part.

9. ItDBMe

ItDBMe Witness

The cases for tonight were actually pretty good. On the one with the dares, I kinda got it but not really, took me a while.

privatename I agree exactly. I was thinking the same thing when I saw her.

The ending scene was really like wow at the beginning. I hope it has something to do with the last few eppy's to come. It was really weird to see the interaction between Mac and Flack when they were on the rooftop.

10. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

TPTB rarely pick actors to fit their characters ages. *cough*Lindsay*cough*.

11. privatename

privatename Rookie

HA! Good point.

12. Ainsley

Ainsley Victim

Very true! I'm giving the TPTB way too much credit apparently.

I thought the episode was interesting. It wasn't great or perfect, though.

For some reason, I couldn't really get into the episode. I thought the Stella, Scotty, and Danny parts were great, but the rest were boring.

The Adam and Hawkes scenes were also great. I'm fast becoming an Adam fan!

I'm going to rewatch the episode once it's posted on innertube because I missed the first ten minutes of it!

What I saw I would rate a "B".

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

This episode was really disappointing. F.

Were we really supposed to believe that the woman who did foster care took care of a young Stella? Stella looked older than she did for God's sake. :rolleyes: And I thought we were supposed to find out something significant about her past? I don't consider anything we found out to be even remotely interesting, let alone significant. And she's only been out of the police academy for 10 years, but she's worked as a csi and ballistics expert in the lab with Mac for 10 years? WTF are TPTB smoking? The continuity fairy has once again failed to grace CSI: NY with her presence. :rolleyes:

The case with the fallen angel was just pointless. Why did they even bother with it? Seriously, was there a point?

And then there's Mac. We know that Mac is sanctimonious, but are we really supposed to believe he'd be surprised an internal investigation is being launched in the Dobson case? I thought a little bit of the hypocritical attitude Mac was good. It made the character more human rather than SuperMac for me. But this is just out of control. Mac doesn't believe that the investigation is because Dobson was cuffed and there were no witnesses. Mac doesn't believe that the media attention and other accusations of NYPD misconduct warrants looking into the matter. Why? Because he's Mac and no one is supposed to question his word. Because Gerrard and the higher ups in the department are on a mission to get rid of him. And then in the preview he has the audacity to say the investigation is not about the department, it's about him? What an egotistical prick. :mad:

I am now just waiting for the season to end, keeping my fingers crossed the finale is worthwhile and hoping to God TPTB take a close look back at the mess they've created and do everything they can to make next season 10 million times better.

14. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I found the episode a bit disappointing, too. And, hey, Adam just happened to leave Stella's DNA lying out on the countertop so it accidentally got entered into Codis? I wouldn't expect him to be that careless, especially since he was dealing with a friend's personal problem.

15. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

On CSI: Miami, Valera accidentally entered a victim's DNA into CODIS and was suspended for it. I was surprised it was no big deal here.

Scotty was the best thing for me. I love him so. More than so. So and much.