The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Re: The Great Ship Debate

I never said that Jorja wasn't friends with George. All you have to do is look for pictures of them and you'll often see George, Jorja and Eric together. Those three seem inseparable, and enjoy each others company. Ever seen the pictures of Jorja licking them? Only close friends pull stunts like that for photographers.

As for the Greg/Sara argument - fact is, there is more than enough evidence to show that Sara does indeed have a thing for Greg, and it's more than a sisterly devotion. Greg would be her second choice if Grissom were to ever leave her.

And in all honesty, if Grissom and Sara didn't want anyone of the opposite sex near each other, they'd move to a desert island. That's the only way to resist any temptation considering how hot some of their colleagues are. As it is they have a trust that neither will stray, which is the way relationships should be. There's no room for jealousy in a relationship - if there is, the relationship is doomed.

As for the Nick/Greg thing, both have acted gay on occasion and have some of the tells of gay men. But slash isn't for everyone. And honestly, knowing the homophobic nature that TPTB seem to be showing, nothing will ever happen. We can only hope and dream.

2. loki

loki Lab Technician

I honestly don't think either Sara or Grissom would do anything just to make the other jealous. It's not in their nature...

I still don't think Sara would ever go for Greg, even if Grissom wasn't around. There's more there than just brother/sister love, they're best friends, and after all these years, I just don't think it would happen.

I also don't think TPTB will do a storyline for Greg and Nick together, but the eyesex and everything the actors throw in makes me think the characters are closer than friends regardless of what the writers are doing...

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

lol, well you know. i have plenty of hot guy-friends and it doesn't mean i'm attracted to them ;)

but i get your point. cuz, they ARE hot, lol.

4. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

My opinion, I have always thought it was the other way around. Greg chasing Sara. I don't remember the ep name, but when Greg asked Catherine whether Sara would go on a date with him, Catherine replied 'Only if she didn't know it was a date', or something like that. I think Sara is just nice to Greg, yeah maybe encouraging him when she shouldn't. It's a nice friendship, I think Greg has grown out of his 'crush', which is good, I prefer them as friends. ;)
    I think TPTB were putting them together on cases because it was funny, they are a funny pair, when Greg ate that bit of human soup, and with the dummy on top of Greg, I can't remember the ep name, but you get my picture, they are a funny pair. :)

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Greg does have a major crush on Sara. I think he's going to be the one hurt about GSR.

And honestly if any slash ship deserved to go canon its Danny/Flack! I'm just sayin' their way hot together..

Who was wanting catnip moments??

6. loki

loki Lab Technician

I think Greg's pretty much gotten over his crush on Sara... and that has nothing to do with the fact that I think he's dating Nick, lol.

lol I did. I just can't see where you guys are coming from with this relationship, I was hoping you could show some reasons you ship them...

7. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

^^ Damn it, Lynny! Join me in the Sandle thread!

I want some CatNip moments too!

I loved that and Greg described it as a dream, but only if Grissom wasn't watching... :lol: That shows what a flirty and fun relationship they have.

8. CathStokes

Now why should I join you in the sandle thread??

LOL. Okay where would you like me to start? I listed the ep list in catnip thread, if you wanna check that out. but.. I love the ship. I think CN has a lot of chemistry together, and I think she cares about Nick, Nick was able to tell her something that he didn't tell anyone else on the team, when Nick was loaded into the ambulance in GD, she took off her glove to give him that human contact that he needed. They had amazing time racing in RIBSC. They had their little flirts in Crows Feet, She was getting down and he told her she didn't need anything, because he already thinks she's adorable. We already know George has said Marg's beauitful. lol. Just had to throw that one in there.

9. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Biggest argument for CatNip would probably be the fact it was originally meant to be canon, and they did shoot a kissing scene but cut it in the edit of the Pilot...

I honestly do not believe that Greg has gotten over Sara just yet, and Eric Szmanda has made reference to "he hasn't given up on her". And there has been more than one moment where Sara has shown that she does have feelings for him, and Fannysmackin' is the most recent - actually is a good episode to show both their attractions.

And the episode with the dummy is Big Middle.

10. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I was so going to go to bed, but I think its due time for me to step up to the plate regarding the ship I think has an incredible amount of chemistry.

I've already mention the catnip dancing and redrum...but I want to delve further in redrum.

Boy was Nick hot with Catherine. I mean he was very angry with her. First off, I think alot of this had to do with more than him thinking she betrayed him. Part of me believes he did not like the closeness that Catherine shared with Keppler. Nick did not seem too fond of the guy. But anyhow...I think some feel that Catherine betrayed the team, and honestly I don't agree with this. I think the team actually betrayed her. Nick was so angry...that he slid that plan into motion. He got everyone against her. I have NEVER seen him this angry...and this anger seemed to boil so hot that to me it felt more than him feeling betrayed. This anger went much deeper...hotter. Take a look at CathStokes banner and you can see his jaw tense the moment she walks past him. Might I add that is even before the 'big you betrayed me scene' from Nick. Its almost like he doesn't like her to have authority because he wants to be on the same level with her professionally and intimately. :devil: :lol:

*coughs* Got lost in the angst. But, the way Cath looked when she realized he went behind her back...was one of anger...yet she was crushed. And come on we all know Cath...and she usually would have given the person responsible a piece of her mind. Plus, it was like she could not bear to stand there and listen to Nick say how she let him down, betrayed him...she was obviously hurt.

Next...check out my icon...please!!!! It's hott! It's from crow's feet, and the look on Nick's face as she is touching his arm is priceless. I've never seen him smile any bigger. And, might I add it seemed to me she enjoyed every touch...she didn't want to let go until she realized she had to...when david walked up. And CAUGHT them. :D Plus, he also told her she didn't need anything to look younger! Plus Nick didn't like the Doc staring at her the way he did. Nick noticed he was undressing her with his eyes...and that was a No-No!!!!

My banner speaks volumes. Revenge is Best Served Cold. Her smile says it all.

Boom...BOOM...was how I felt when I watched her desperately search for a way to clear Nick's name. Even Ecklie commented on the fact that if he was in trouble...he knew who he would want to work his case. She stepped out on a limb and begged for time to clear his name...and she ended up setting Nick free. Dare I mention the emotional hug?

And like Clarrisani mentioned...Catnip was supposed to be the first canon ship. But got clipped when CSI decided not to have a relationship on the show. What a shame...what a shame. Not bashing here...but I'd rather watch Catnip over GSR any given day.

11. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

Okay, hi. I'm twins1729. I spoked here a few times.

Although, you can refer to me as Queen if you want. I'm the slash queen. lol

I ship slash. That's about it. Although there are few couples that I like that are het.

When I first started watching CSI is was the summer of 05. Queer as Folk had just ended (*cries*) and I needed another obsession. That's when I found CSI. I love it to death and I will from now on.

So, I began watching it because it was interesting and I did like the science. I never thought I would get into the characters...boy was I wrong.

I began having a major crush on Greg. He's just more my type. I immediatly began to think of who to ship him with...a man, no doubt. I just wanted to. Nick came accross as a good candidate, but I kept browsing. Eventually I found nickandgreg.com, and jeez! I was hooked!

First it was just for fun! I thought it was just cute and hot! However, over this last year I began to get sucked into the ship even more. Soon, I found out they were not only one of the biggest ships on CSI....but the biggest slash couple. Not to mention the biggest slash couple on TV now and one of the biggest slash couples ever. I'm truely proud to be a part of this ship.

I have over 1100 contributions on the CSI WIKI, 10 music videos, a few fanfictions - and more in the works, art - drawing or computer, and chatting in places like these all the time.

Now, Loki (gregslabmouse) said some before, there are plenty of scenes where it seems like somethings going on. Whether it's accidental or otherwise, or George and Eric or TPTB.

In "Face Lift," Greg's talking on his phone to to a girlfriend, he's saying "No, I love you more, etc." Nick comes in. VERY NEXT EPISODE "$35 K OBO," Greg mentions that he just went on a date with a girl. A NEW girl, and he tells Nick about it. So, one week he's in love with his girlfriend and the next he's dating new one. Now, whether or not he's actually dating these girls...I truely believe he's trying to make Nick jealous. IMO

Okay, let me tell you our top 10 moments.

10: What Can We Do To Help Him? - "Post Mortem" - After Nick testifies for Greg (yay!) and Warrick comes to talk to him in the locker room. Nick's sad, stressed, and a little mad. I do think it's just about Greg. I also think that Warrick knows. He wants to do anything to help Nick help Greg. Plus, Nick's almost in tears.

9: Thanks Doll - "Bad Words" - This one is simple. They flirt when Nick tells Greg to go through the matches. Then Nick pats Greg's chest (again) and calls him "Doll."

8: Eye Sex - "Felonius Monk" - Okay, nothing here but what us fans call complete eye sex. Just the look they give each other at the very end of the scene.

7: Nick Can't Keep His Hands Off Greg - "Who Shot Sherlock?" - Basically after Greg enters Grissom's office and finds out he passed. Nick can't keep his hands off him. He also seems very possesive over him when Catherine and Sara hug him. Then he runs straight to Nick when they have champainge.

6: Jaw Clench Of Love - "Fannysmackin'" - Okay, self-explanitory. Nick's obviously affected about Greg's attack. Then he crosses the line and punches Cole Tritt. Warrick really tries to pull Nick away. Again, I think he's doing it for Greg.

5: You Beeped Me From Accross The Hall? - "The Accused Is Entitled" - Cute scene where Greg calls Nick for the results. Nick just explains everything to him and it's basically just a cute scene.

4: Leggo My Greggo - "Scuba Doobie Doo" - Classic scene. Nick calls Greg "Greggo" after Catherine refers to Nick's "Partner." Which doesn't really mean anything, but I still think it's funny. I just love how Nick calls him that, and that name is still around now. Plus he's called him G, Doll, Boss, Einstein. All funny.

3: 'I Love You' Sign - "Abra Cadaver" - It's simple. Greg gives Nick and Catherine some CD's and a DVD. Nick tells Greg too keep looking. Greg give Nick the "rock on" sign, where Nick sign "I love you back." Now, these are one of those funny clues. It could mean nothing, or it could mean everything. Later, in "Crows Feet," Nick signs "rock on" and happens to do it correctly. There's also something where George Eads himself does it correctly. Also, in "Feeling The Heat," Greg may sign "I love you " when he's pointing at the map Nick and Sara are looking at.

2: I Thought We Had A Relationship - "Random Acts Of Violence" - Okay, it's self explanitory. Greg is freakin jealous as hell that Nick to Archie into the field instead of him. Because that Nick and him had a "relationship." Now, Nick tries to explain, but Greg gives him this great "prove it" look and is still upset. It's great scene just to show how much Greg wants to help Nick.

1: Ass Check - "The Hunger Artist" - Simple to explain. After Greg's explains some evidence to Nick and Warrick, he walks away. Clear as freaking day, Nick checks out Greg's ass. If there is anything someone can do to change my mind feel free, but that scene is set in stone IMO.

Okay, there's that.

Another awesome moment is I'm Open 24 Hours in "A Little Murder." I just think it's so sweet. It's the only scene that has ever made me go "aw," and I did it twice.

Also, It Leaves Marks in "Room Service." It's one of those "did he just do that!" moments. Greg's explaining BCP (Breath Control Play) he leans and slightly whispers out of the side of his mouth to Nick, "And if you're not careful it leaves marks." lmfao I died.

I'm convinced that if they ARE dating (which Loki said, and go it from me) they have after "Grave Danger." Now if anyone wants to hear more proof, I don't have the time, but I can easilly make another post.

Some of these moments could be easilily explained. Though, they aren't as rediculous as some of the crap I've heard from Sandle, Snickers, or CatNip fans. Plus, no offense, Snickers makes me want to die. lol That's just the one couple where I don't and never have seen anything.

One thing I don't get about Snickers and Sandle. You guys seem to pride yourselfs as being such big Sara fans...though if you truely were, you'd realize how MUCH she likes Grissom. And this is not my opinion, and you shouldn't make it yours. The whole "Sara needs someone who will love her" arguement is crap because it's what you think. Not what Sara feels.

Same with Yo!Bling. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. In "The Finger" she kisses Warrick on the cheek, he consoles her in "A Little Murder." Not to mention that awesome scene in "Down The Drain." Plus, there's how jealous she was when he got married.

That's CANON. I think you were supposed to expect from that episode that Warrick's marriage would end in failure. I don't think that Catherine would date Nick if she likes Warrick so much.

Okay, back to The Love. When Nick and Greg are in a room together (not all the time) they're attention is on each other. They constantly ignore other people and keep eye contact. They're smitten. I think the number of fans say something in itself.

I think I've rambled enough. I'm positive that there's some points I've missed, but am too tired of typing anyway to think. So, I'll spare you for now and leave a link to the CSI: WIKI where I posted transcripts of the top 10 moments and clips.

Ta!

http://csiwiki.cbs.com/page/Obvious+Chemistry

PS: I HATE it when people say "I have nothing against slash or gay people" because that just convinces me more that you do. I also hate "they're too hot to be gay" or "I'm a girl so I don't like it." I'm a girl and being hot has LOT to do with me liking them in the first place too. Not that anyone's said that last two things here. I just hate that.

Also, for the record, you can't "go" gay or "turn" gay. That's just plain ignorant to say.

I ship

The Love
    GSR
    Yo!Bling
    Sofia & Brass
    Hondy
    Handy

:D

Finally, Greg and Nick both could be gay or bi. And DON'T base things off stereotypes. That's a useless arguement. Okay, I'm stoping. My hands hurt

12. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

I'm a multi-shipper and also support The Love, so I can't really disagree with a lot of your "evidence." I do think, however, that you might take some of what other shippers say a little TOO seriously. I couldn't help but notice that you called out all the ships except the ones you ship. :lol: Come on, now, you know just as well as I do that all ships are guilty of turning little things into major signs of XoXo~tRuE-lOvE~oXoX that really mean nothing (and I do mean all ships).

Just because someone says "Omg GRRRRrrrrrrrrrLLLLLLLlll dID u C wUT hE Don SeD 2 HEr laSt nITE?!!?!? ThEy're SOOOooooOOO gOnnA hAv SEckZ L8r!!!!1111oneoneoneone" it doesn't mean he or she is being serious. It's all in good fun.

That said...there ARE some basket cases in every ship.

13. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

That has to be one of the funniest things...ever. :lol:

You hit the friggin' nail on the head. :eek: I don't understand how someone could say that Sara would prefer to be with Greg or Nick, has she ever asked one of them out, poured her heart out to them, moved to vegas for them?

Well done on the wiki too twins. It's brill. ;)

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

pretty harshly said but ... i gotta agree, you DID hit the nail here. but i don't think anything will convince some Snickers/Sanders about Sara liking Grissom the most, even if she said it out loud in front of everybody. in fact, she showed it/said it in front of us multiple times.

i mean, Greg liked her. he had a friggin crush on her, in what, season 3? if Sara wanted to do anything with him she simply would, cuz Greg gave her a whole lot of signals. and Nick? well, i never understood why people are so convinced about this ship. there's never been anything there that would suggest they'd like to be involved. i cannot recall a single suggestive scene. other than flirting in Cool Change or something, lol.

in the instance of GSR, it seemed like a one way thing for the first 3 seasons, agreed here, but there was a whole episode about Grissom's feelings in S4. so it gave everybody a signal - it's definitely a two-way thing, and we had an explanation why Grissom was reserved earlier. it wasn't a situation that depended on your interpretation if you see them willing to get involved or not. it wasn't a "he so looked at her ass in that second so he has to love her eternally", lol, which most ships are based on, really. PWF, Butterflied and Snakes contain scenes that cannot be confused with anything else but relationship-talk. it's plain obvious.

and this is me talking about pre-canon only. cuz it's been all proved in S7. the most recent example? last weeks episode and Grissom and Sara talking about their sex. anyone else still doubtful or thinking it was Sara's dream? lol

did we have anything similar involving Sara's never-expressed love to Greg? umm .. no. to Nick? ... nuh uh.

it's like you would go to your friend and tell her that even if she loves somebody else, you want her to hook up with this guy here cuz he's better for her. i know, i know, it's just a TV show and we don't really have influence on what's going on there. shipping's fun but it's a bit selfish to be all serious and claim that "Sara/Grissom belongs to whomever else", cuz they obviously want to be together and they're happy. i do understand though, how much fun it can be to ship two characters on the show even if we all know they never really felt anything for each other.

15. CathStokes

It doesn't matter. Sara could spell out she doesn't like anyone, and they'd still ship her with that person. it doesn't matter.

Same with slash. just becuase you hear/see something, doesn't mean its there. people still ship it.

And the next person that pisses me off over CatNip, I swear to god I will bash your ship wide open. Don't screw with my ship damnit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.