Episode #522 'Burned' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Apr 27, 2007.

1. MegantheMonster

MegantheMonster Police Officer

Okay then now.

All sorts of craziness. I missed the opening of the show so I don't know what happened to Frank's car but I'll live without really knowing.

Maybe I'm looking too deep into the episode, but I think Delko might be seeing something that really isn't there. I think Calleigh is simply treating him like a close friend while he wants more, a relationship. I'm sorry, but a relationship between Calleigh and Eric would just be insane. Its just not right, as much as the shippers would love it, it's friggin' weird. I think Eric is going to make a move and Calleigh is going to reject it but I could be wrong, I don't understand the TPTB.

As far as Ryan goes... Was he insane? You don't lie to Horatio. He's a detective, the best detective out there. LoL. Either way, I think Ryan got what he deserved for the most part. I like Ryan, but if he does what I think he's going to do, then well, he doesn't deserve to be in the lab and if he does let him back in, he'll have a lot of making up to do.

He lied about a gambling debt to a bookie. Everyone has their vices, nobody is immume to the pleasures. I don't understand why Ryan had to lie about wanting to play some cards. And if he tries to play some silly game where he was trying to protect the lab - he is not Eric, he is not Horatio, what could he be protecting the lab from?

I'm sorry, I'm rambling. There are just things that don't add up. I just think that Ryan is being immature about this whole situation and got what he deserved. But that's just me and I'm probably going to catch a lot of flack for it. *shrugs*

Calleigh and Delko had matching shirts last night. Yay!

There could be things I'm missing, I know that, but I don't know if you could make up for that in anyway.

Megan <3

2. mitzi

mitzi Prime Suspect

Right.

Really enjoyed this episode. Best one in a long time.

Can't believe Ryan lied to Horatio, who to be fair gave him a chance. Although I have to say Ryan has been kinda bugging me lately, I can't quite put my finger on what it is but maybe this will bring him down a peg or two. Things might've been different for him had he told the truth.

I couldn't help but have a massive smile on my face during those E/C moments. It would be weird to see how it plays out if anything happens, with them working together/being friends for so long now.

Also, Eric was shot four months ago?? I wish my hair grew as fast(or as slow) as his, I wouldn't need to get my hi lites done as often! I guess the logical thing to think would be that he is keeping it cut.

Yelina was looking very well. Loved the look she gave H when she came out from behind the red car. Some nice exchanges between them. Good continuity and I hope we see alot more of her.

On a final note - Frank :lol: :lol: :lol: Poor guy!

3. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Guys grow hair really, really fast. At least most guys I know (Hispanic guys). My brother shaves his head constantly and in a week or two he'll have to shave again. Since Delko was shaved (not waxed or cut), his hair will grow faster. Kinda like beard hair or leg hair. When I shave my legs it's like the Amazon in about two or three days.

4. Juma

Juma Police Officer

he.
    and your lucky...........
    *is very happy my boss finally agreed we can wear pants and not just skirts to work*

5. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

does anyone know how Ryan came up with the money? he said he didnt have it and the same day he can pay the guy! 10 gran is not something everybody have in ther wallet!!

6. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

i think that were gonna find that out in the next episode

7. starfan1

starfan1 Dead on Arrival

The epi was great. Seeing Y back was the best, I hope they keep her there and that they finally hook her up with H. Just like in CSI Y, they should show a private life for H not just work.

Poor Frank there loosing his car.

It is strange thinking of Eric and Calleigh because I can see the two of them together and also I can't see them together. :confused:

As for Ryan I am sure we will find out in the next epi, but I get the feeling that H and him are up to something, (some undercover investigating, etc.). Everything happened in front of Stetler too conveniently, making sure he heard it all well. The smile on H's face at the end of the show to me was saying that it will all be alright, would workout. ;)

I cannot believe that they would get would get rid of Ryan. He was looking very sexy last night. :lol:

It's going be a hard week waiting.

8. csiviper

csiviper Witness

I loved the episode. Yelina is back!!!!
    THe plot was good but the Eric/Calleigh scenes were both cute and nausiating,(DuCaine Shipper in the house).
    I loved the fact that Yelina was back, and looked fantabulous, too bad Ryan got fired but it was really his fault, H did everything he could to help him out but nooo, he had to be an idiot and not tell H and got fired by STETLER. (throws rocks, hammers, and bulldozers at him).
    Im so excited for next episode.

9. emilyfan

emilyfan Rookie

I thought that the Calleigh/Eric scenes were nice. She deserves someone good after Hagen and Agent Elliot. I'm not sure H will go for it, with the whole integrity of the lab stuff. I also thought that H was going to offer Yelina Ryan's job on the spot. He usually does something like that to protect her. He may not have known Ryan was fired during that scene, though.

10. HoratioandYelina

HoratioandYelina Rookie

I think that if Ryan had come clean with Horatio, like Eric did with the drug, then Horatio could of helped him, but instead he chose to lie.
    With Yelina, I really hope she'll be back more in Season 6, I loved seeing wriggly Horatio again.
    Eric and Calleigh... I just can't see it happening, like their really good friends and more like brother and sister, I just can't see them in a realationship. (sorry to EC shippers)

11. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

the e/c scenes were stupid

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

^ Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion right ;) (E/C shipper here)

I'm glad Yelina came back it was nice to see her again and I hope we see more of her soon. They tried to bring a more personal side to H using Marisol but that didn't work out; so I am hoping they are going to bring Yelina back for that b/c her character was really the best at it.

As for Ryan....Never lie to H!! I think the fact that Eric came clean like he did helped Horatio defend him but Ryan really blew H off so H did the only he could....he got out of the way and let Ryan face the consequences. If you aren't willing to accept help and face the truth about what you did then H is not going to help you. He hates people who lie to him.

On the other side Jon did a great job with the storyline and I can't wait for next weeks ep!!

13. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey - I'm a bit calmed down from last night - sorry about the rants lol.

Anyway, I'm still really confused as to why Ryan was fired. Are police officers not allowed to gamble or something? It seemed like a personal matter that shouldn't have gotten him fired. And what was up with him giving the guy the money like two minutes after he said he didn't have it?

When Horatio saw the tape with Ryan giving the suspect money, I could understand his concern, but it really doesn't make sense. Why would Ryan PAY the guy if he was "helping" him get out of an investigation - which even H knew he didn't do, b/c he did "recuse" himself - only spoke to the guy for like a minute.

And yes, I know, Ryan lied. He said it was to protect the lab, but I don't get that either. I'm really confused. Someone help? :confused:

Oh, yea, and the E/C thing - I was cringing (admitted Ducaine fan hangin out). I love the characters, but can't we just get back to basics - comaraderie, friendship - with the ENTIRE TEAM before they start jumpin' each other? Please?

:rolleyes:

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Gambling is quite illegal in most states. According to Florida gambling laws:

So no, it's not quite a stretch that he'd get fired. On top of that, he paid off his debt while on the job.

15. rockyhorror

rockyhorror Victim

I really loved this episode! With Yelina, Stetler and lots of E/C chemistry it felt almost like the writers were attempting to return to season two. The scene between Eric and Calleigh with the glass was full of sexual tension. Both actors did a wonderful job there. I also loved Eric's reaction to Frank's car; priceless. haha.