Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Dec 28, 2006.

1. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

I dont want the "old" Danny back. I enjoy this one so much more. apart from the fact that he got hotter - which is of no importance here, he is funnier and more interesting with all the new layers. i mean he is what he was back then and so much more

2. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I have to disagree with you. This new Danny seems to be on some kind of medication. He has no spark, no fire, and is therefore not that interesting. Consequently, he is a lot less attractive. It's really unfortunate, and I want to see the old unpredictable character back.

3. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

He's just lost his backbone! I used to love him butting heads with Mac and pretty much anyone else he came into contact with! I think someone must have switched Danny and Mac's medication. Danny is the passive one now and Mac is the unpredictable one. I personally think it's because Danny isn't getting any!! In every other season he's mentioned girlfriends and whatnot, now he's tied up to the train wtreck that's Lindsay he's suffering!

4. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

I gotta agree. I can't stand how they have made Danny. He is like a guy that totally changes and behaves around his girlfriend. And she is ALWAYS around because she is working with him. His character is the kind that is better off on their own, and every now and then they could throw someone in there for him to mix it up with. They should never give Danny someone steady to be with. I want the old Danny back, the one that liked to stir it up a bit.

5. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

:lol: :lol: Good point. Sadly, once Danny and Lindsay consummate their chemistry-free union, I can't imagine that once a week missionary only action he'll be getting will do much to raise his spirits. :lol:

You girls all make interesting comments -- except the one favoring new Danny. :lol: Gotta disagree there. Some good stuff has been said. His unpredictability did make him attractive. You couldn't take your eyes off him because he could be a loose cannon and you didn't want to miss anything. Now there's nothing to miss. He's dull and predicatable, utterly lacking in fire and spirit. And there's the backbone comment. Yes, Danny once did whatever the hell Danny felt like doing. If it was right to him, he pursued it. Whether he was right or wrong, I respected that. It made sense for that character, it played well and was fun to watch. This new lap dog Danny is dull. Mature, my ass. He's just plain boring and ordinary.

6. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

It's back to this maturity thing again.........*The character has matured* as a reference to Danny....

Huh!!! The character of Flack is ripe for the maturity angle...like a bottle of good wine....you open it, let it sit for a while, pour it and savour the moment.....that's how Flack's character has gone for me this season.

With Danny.........he's more likened to a bottle of beer.......open it and it fizzes for you, the freshness, the spontanaity, the first gulps are wonderful, but leave it to stand un-noticed or unloved and it goes flat in the bottle...by the time you pick it up again, it's almost unpalatable. Danny's character needs to be fizzing and picked up regularly it's what works best for it......and it's what we were given a taste of in the beginning...

7. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I absolutely love how you descried Danny and the bottle of beer and thinking of it it's true!
    You don't pay him any attention and he just looses his sparkle! Danny's character needs the lifer shaking back into and pretty sharpish!!

MrsG, Even seeing you type the D/L consumating thing makes me want to vomit! EEKK!!

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

How to bring the old Danny back? Write out Lindsay and/or the "Dindsay" romance and throw a few storylines Danny's way that actually deal with his character and challenge him on a personal level. Give him an interesting storyline. Bring back Louie. Drop a piano on him. :lol: Anything that brings back the whiny, bitchy, passionate Danny that won the character so many fans.

9. MrsGiovinazzo

^ Seconds Top's post. I'd love to see Lindsay written out and Danny deal with personal challenges once again. And notr the challenge of winning a girl's affections. :rolleyes:

Joolz - Love the beer analogy! That was fantastic.

MichelleK - The word "consumate" used in reference to Danny and Lindsay is quite unpalatable to me as well, but the word I'd normally use in place of that one just .... ugh ... I can't even go there. The only time I would actually change the channel in absolute repulsion at the sight of Danny's naked body would be if it were mounting Lindsay. :lol:

10. shaofu

shaofu Hit and Run

Thanks MrsG. - way to put me off my breakfast! I am clinging to the desperate hope that the D/L farce will really be over in the finale and the old Danny will be resurrected in Season 4. What? A girl can hope, right . . .

11. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I love the description. Mounting Lindsay! Even if he was naked and all, I still think I'd switch the channel. Not something I could stomach. As much as I love Danny, Lindsay's to blah and smug for me!
    It needs to be over in the finale or I'm flying to the CBS offices with a post out of the Declining Danny thread and a shotgun. See if I can't change a few minds!

12. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Mounting Lindsay makes me think of her dead, stuffed and stuck on a wall....

13. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Twinkletoes! You make me laugh so hard with that comment!!
    I have so many things to say in reply to that but I'm going to have to bite my tongue!!

14. MrsGiovinazzo

:lol: :lol: Now that's one mounting I fully support. A little psycho and I'd settle for her simply being dead, but hey, he can mount her that way if he wants and I'd actually watch that. :lol:

15. Nadcus

Nadcus Victim

Isn"t t his suppose to be a board that is nice to characters ever since I joined this board, it is mostly a bashing board of characters, and when you bash the characters you bash, in my opinion, the actors too, you should be a little more careful how you talk about the show. I have been on the NCIS board, and they do not accept any bashing of characters like here. You would really be terminated on the ncis board,if you'd talk the way you are talking here, if you get my drift. Please be a little nicer, if ny csi wants a relationship between d/l let it be, and remember ny csi has not been picked up yet by the network, all the bashing can cancel the show.