Ratings: CSI:NY vs ...

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Dynamo1, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online about last night's episode:

For the first time ever, Lost (11.63 mil) topped a fresh episode of CSI: NY (11.18 mil, down 1.5 mil) in total viewers as well as key demos. Medium (7.12 mil) dropped a half mil.

2. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Darn. Screw Lost, it's so boring... After 3 seasons, I'm still so bored. I dropped it after season 1 with the occasional 10 minutes during channel-surfing and it sucks...

3. Rozatrinity751

Rozatrinity751 Dead on Arrival

I'm from NY and I love grittieness of CSI:NY, but it still does not hold a candle to CSI. Its totally a different flavor and it really captures the living in NY. Gary Sinise is so good, I love this guy. Some of the eps. I can identify with, walking the streets where similar tradegys occurred. Its very sureal. I love the show, never miss an eps and I like it better than CSI:Miami.

4. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

^^Holy crap! Another NY-er! I knew I couldn't be the lone one here. :lol: Too bad they lost for the night though. That kinda stinks--especially to Lost. :/

5. flackfan

flackfan Victim

I'm from NY too and I love that show pretty much most of NYC. I especially loved this week with Coney Island and seeing the Cyclone in the background it was great.
    I'm thinking it didn't do so well because Criminal Minds was a repeat, I for one can't watch a repeat of Criminal Minds when I know it already.

6. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

Hehe, there are more NY-er's than you think! I too hail from the Big Apple, and enjoy playing "name that location" when CSI:NY is on.

Anyway, flackfan makes an excellent point about the Criminal Minds repeat, I'm sure NY suffered a bit without a new lead in. Too bad though, it was a good ep. *glaring at all my Lost-watching friends*

7. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

It was still really close though and I think this is a one time thing..most people probably assumed it was a rerun. Plus ABC promotes Lost like crazy and its rare to see CSI NY get lots of promotion so it is great it beats it most of the time considering :)

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I wondered when Lost was going to creep up on CSI: NY. The real test is going to be sweeps, but I have to say, I think a lot of people (ratings-watchers at other sites, that is) were counting Lost out a little too prematurely. I like both shows, but if NY and Lost are going to go head to head next season, NY is going to have to up the ante a bit. They've had some really good stories this season, but it's time to really delve into the characters--and I'm not talking HIV scare storylines with foregone conclusions or poorly executed and acted dark secret plotlines. This stuff with Mac and Gerrard clashing, and the cliffhanger with Dobson, is promising, but we're going to need more of that.

That said, I really hope Lost moves back into its old timeslot. I hate having to choose between the two! :p

9. flacksgirl

flacksgirl Hit and Run

ABC is promoting Lost because the show had lost a lot of viewers. I watched the entire first season but stopped during the second. It was too frustrating to watch a show for an hour and be more confused than when I started. :confused:

10. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I also watched Lost for a lil bit but I thought it was so stupid and far fetched, I hope CSI: NY starts burying them again.

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:

Though Lost (12.1 mil) found yet another 470,000 viewers, CSI: NY (12.93 mil) reclaimed its No. 1 position. Medium (7.64 mil) added 520K.

12. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Sweet! :D Glad to read NY did better this time.

13. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I watched a bit of Lost last night to see what all the hooplah is about... I found it quite boring... NY is sooooo much better.

14. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I generally record Lost so I can fast forward through the commercials. While it doesn't really make any huge advancements, I still find myself enjoying it.

I can't even watch CSI: NY any more without cringing throughout the entire thing, so I've just stopped. And I know I'm not the only one.

15. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

Yay for CSI:NY! I think Lost has been struggling... ;)