The Full Wallace/Hodges Experience #2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by pabzi, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Wow. You guys impress me...there are theories here I never considered! Poor Hodges, we've now turned into a man whore! And I want to congratulate all of you on being so nice to each other even when you disagree! It's refreshing to see debate that does not turn real ugly.

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

well, personally speaking, I know there are a few things that myself and PABZI dont agree on, and probably will be in the future, but I like to think that we are open minded enough to consider the others thought and agree to disagree. But that is just me...lol

I agree, I do hope that this theory doesn't turn out to be true...of his entrance and his exit! Hodges' is too good of a character to remove or replace.

Now granted, he does have a somewhat common name, and this "name showing" on the computer, could be purely a coincidence, but I do see it Pabzi...lol!

It's hard though, to think of that incident in snuff as a "preperation of his entrance." Why I say that is, if they were going to make something of it, it would've been a little more in your face. (I had to scan the scene a couple of times before catching his name) But then again, the wirters have been known to use subtleties in the past.

You still got me thinkin' though....

3. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I don't mind being nice. Disagreeing is fine. The previous noise level wasn't. I'm happy that it's better :) I disagree even with my best friends, it's not a big deal.

I've though of him as a man-whore for a while *blames Tobidee*, and as I said, I really thought that the computer thing was a slip, till now....never know. I never noticed any other hints till Thursday...

4. loki

loki Lab Technician

Ok, I don't have Snuff, did it show his FULL name? David Hodges?

And after watching the scene again, I STILL don't think he's a whore, but I DID get the feeling he was meaning more than he was saying... like a bitterness, you know? I think it might be more about being bitter about getting arrested on his first time out... angry at the law enforcement, even though it didn't go on his record, he was still pissed about it...

And even if he was one at one point, I don't think he would need to in order to get through college... he's a smart guy with a good memory and a drive to be the best at everything, those are the kinds of people that get full ride scholarships and stuff... but... *shrugs*

5. DJRideout

yeah, full name, even the nasty "STD's"...

man-whore....lol...who knows though, could be more to it, could be less, it's a logical theory, and we'll just have to wait and see if there is anything done about it.

I forgot to rewatch last eppys scene to comment on that, to see if I caught a vibe or not.....but my first impression was what LOKI said, more bitter then anything else....but I will still rewatch!

6. Brassy

Brassy Hit and Run

Did you "freeze-frame" the scene in SNUFF where his name appears? What exactly did it say? Any picture of him beside it or address? or did it just have his name on a long list? Full name including middle?
    I ask because I saw this eppy, but I don't own it to review.

7. DJRideout

I had to stop and replay to view...it was toward the top. I think if you don't have the eppy to pause, you'd probably overlook it. I did because I was never looking for him name, until it was pointed out.

It's a theory that is plausible...but there are many differnent ways that I am looking at it now, the more I think of it. Obviously this theory, but I am also wondering if when the writers where just picking random names to fill up the screen. And seeing Dave's name was fresh to the mind, with the characters appearance two eppys later, they used it...with no other intensions....but I still haven't ruled out Pabzi's theory, cause it could explain many things.

Anyway, there was no pic, and no middle name. Just the name and a little health info.

8. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

What else could my theory explain? You say many things. I'm curious :D

9. hitchhiker42

hitchhiker42 Prime Suspect

maybe he had to leave the la lab because someone found out, or a video turned up...

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

MHM> Makes sense...

11. DJRideout

What I meant was the name showing up on the computer. That there could be many different reasons behind the use of his name, the more I think about it. Like one I stated just above. A sub-consious name choice, made by the writers, just to help fill the screen! (I noticed a couple names used twice) Of course too, your theory pabzi, which again, makes sense and could answer a few questions of Davids past, and why he left LA for real. And another thought, that I am still trying to sort out in my head to see if it makes any sense....lol!

12. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i hope that we eventually find out why he left L.A. since there has been more of him on latley ...maybe we will find out soon...

13. DJRideout

well.....whatever it is...good or bad, super interesting or not, I would like to know more about it too.

In my ideal world...lol...I would like it to be just the typical transfer, but that wouldn't be worth the exploration of the character, seeing there'd be NOTHING to explore! So, something like this WILD side to him, would definitely be worth it.

Another thought....David is a common name...especially here where I am anyway, so is the surname of Hodges, again, here! So just because the name was on the computer doesn't necessarily mean HIM, the snarky trace tech. I could just be someone else with the same name, coincedently enough! I know THIS thought isn't as viable, but just a possiblity! The only thing that would question this thought would be, why put the name there then in the first place?

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

It COULD be anyone...never know. I really hope they didn't mean him.

I don't hope that his leaving LA was just a plain transfer. I hope that it was something complicated and interesting, but that he isn't sck. We don't want him leaving and/or dying.

15. loki

loki Lab Technician

Yeah, dying Hodges=bad

I think it must be something complicated, just because of how he talked about it. I think he has a complicated history. I hope it comes out soon and lets us all know ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.